1.12c5 Bug Reports

Report bugs.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

1.12c5 Bug Reports

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Something's up with Nephilim's cooldowns. Might have been broken before i just dont' play him enough to notice.

DarnYak

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: 1.12c5 Bug Reports

#2 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Yes.
Might have been broken before i just dont' play him enough to notice.
This has been happening since c4, before even.

America!

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by aegir ravenking »

Bane's dragonfear didn't work at all the first 4 times I tried it. Once I got a point in the talent it everytime on all enemies. Granted it was maybe 4 more times, and I think I had the talent maxed the last one.

Also, never saw an armor reduction with Acid Rain. First time I got to let it go the full duration. Second time was at level 2, but maybe only half the duration.

But at least Bane isn't the source of the game crash.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Arg, not Bane again!

Why does it have to come from my favorite faction!

Meh, Bane's Acid Rain has never been a popular choice, though I do consider handy at higher levels. Dragon fear has got me pissed though, that is a very strong innate.

America!

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Oddly enough, I had a different bug than Aegir Ravenking while playing Bane. As happened to him, mine would not hit at all without any talent points. Once I got one, however, it hit ALL units -- but no heroes. Not only that, but instead of stunning, as the spell says it does, the effected units began running, as though they had been hit by Rue's fear.

Wtf?

EDIT: Nevermind, Dragonfear IS supposed to be a fear. Next up: Fix the tooltip plzkthxbai.
Last edited by CryptLord1234 on August 9th, 2009, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by aegir ravenking »

Ya, it was the same way for me with dragon fear, I didn't mention the change to fear as I belive that was intended, just the innate needs updated.

However his acid sheath no longer reduces melee unit damage. I didn't see that one mentioned. Also, got some strength stacked, and still no armor reduction with full duration level 2 storm of malice.

Was told polarize was overwriting Remorseless too.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Also, got some strength stacked, and still no armor reduction with full duration level 2 storm of malice.
I thought it had a int modifier, and it only affected the DPS?

America!

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#8 Post by aegir ravenking »

Was a change too, check the wiki under next version. You would have to find out from Yak how many of the changes made it in, but seems to be most so far.

Azure-Ghost
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Azure-Ghost

#9 Post by Azure-Ghost »

have heared it is known allready but didn't found it here :
Acid Reavers ult seems to last alot longer than he channels (saw it in a game few mins ago and tested it after solo one more time : there is no visual effect but everything in the area it was still takes dmg ( in test after i channeled it for 2 secs on a base and after a while it was totally destroyed without any further attacking ) also dmgs units

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

As I have said before, Yak seemed to have really slammed the nerf hammer on Eidolon. I haven't gotten a chance to play him, but looking at the numbers scare me.

Others?

America!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

I'll get c6 out tomorrow or the day after, waiting to see if any other big bugs crop up.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

Azure-Ghost wrote:have heared it is known allready but didn't found it here :
Acid Reavers ult seems to last alot longer than he channels (saw it in a game few mins ago and tested it after solo one more time : there is no visual effect but everything in the area it was still takes dmg ( in test after i channeled it for 2 secs on a base and after a while it was totally destroyed without any further attacking ) also dmgs units
I just tested this in game, found it ended properly, did you do anything special to break channeling or any other conditions i should be aware of?

DarnYak

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by aegir ravenking »

Most I have heard and seen he is still quite strong. Maybe a bit weak, until his stumps get charged up.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#14 Post by Dekar »

Direhowls terror seems to be still broken if units with full hp have chance to die 30% which increases with less hp. I think I got a single kill with fully upped terror on multiple tries.
In addition to that is basically unuseable because the cooldown on Direhowl is so long that most units already died, except for large pushes. And that makes it a kinda pricey replacement for an aoe nuke. Where consumeable lovers would just buy an ice skull.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Azure-Ghost
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Azure-Ghost

#15 Post by Azure-Ghost »

mhh one time it got canceled by aeros hold but most times just by moving away
(the visible effect is gone but it still does dmg)

Kirinith
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Kirinith

#16 Post by Kirinith »

Yeah, seems to be if Bane's ult is interrupted by a hold or death, the spell continues eternally but without the rain animation. Really wrecked the game in the other team's favor when I saw it used; by the end of it pretty much all of our bases were under eternal acid rain; nothing could be built or repaired before it got destroyed.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#17 Post by Dekar »

I think I already told you that Red Dragon splash hits allied units.

Thegreatboo
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Thegreatboo

#18 Post by Thegreatboo »

I also noticed the bane innate bug. Seems to only work when fully talented. Properly fears the units but still stuns the hero. Not sure if keeping the hero stun was intended or not but i like it.

Edit: I also noticed acid rain does not reduce armor. Didn't notice it continuing after being interrupted though. I'll check another time.

smurfling
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: sadist_smurf

#19 Post by smurfling »

Banes acid pool also is bugged, it lasts forever, literally the pool will be gone and it still continuously deal damage to buildings and buildings, and adding that to the bugged acid rain, can seriously rape bases with it and not even be close to them

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

smurfling wrote:Banes acid pool also is bugged, it lasts forever, literally the pool will be gone and it still continuously deal damage to buildings and buildings, and adding that to the bugged acid rain, can seriously rape bases with it and not even be close to them
Anyone else seen this? It doesn't seem possible from the trigger.

DarnYak

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#21 Post by aegir ravenking »

I have used the talent every time I have played Bane and have not noticed it, will see if I have a replay around to check.

Ok, didn't do replay, did a solo game(all heroes for fun if it matters). Anyway, the pools last damn near forever when encouragement hits levels 5 and 6, two minutes at least, but they didn't do any damage after vanishing.

Also didn't do any damage to a tower after a munched on a furbog that was pounding on it, ditto later against the elven castle. I seem to remember the talent never doing damage against buildings. 20dps for a minute would just level towers and that is level 1 which costs just 8 crystals.

Other notes: tried all 6 levels of acid sheath, no damage reduction at all against melee, even tried casting it on other heroes to no debuff effect(damage seems to work fine however). Tried three times for the endless Storm of Malice(held, stunned, killed) but didn't' get it. And for the dragon fear, I had it work on units sometimes with two levels into the talent, heroes we effected by level 3(don't think I missed on any units from that point on), even at max I still sometimes missed heroes, still seems to be an all or nothing for the roll though.

coramoor2
Regular
Regular

#22 Post by coramoor2 »

Alright, a couple bugs to confirm and report.

Bane's ult can last forever if hes killed/interupted, but its not garunteed to. seems to be a 50% chance, and also seems to prefer being interupted early rather than later, though i have had an early interrupted one end and a late interrupted one last forever. can happen as soon as it starts, as i had one channeled for a whole second before i was interrupted, and it lasted forever. this is by far the most asshole thing a player can do, and do not recommend using Bane in public games until fixed.

Bane's ult does not reduce armor. never saw it happen once, even with several endless ones.

Bane's acid sheath does activate the debuff when you are hit, or when any hero it is on is hit. Someone in the game i was using Bane in did report that it seems to work in some games, though thats unconfirmed.

Bane's acid pools do tend to last a long time, but they fade after a minute or two. They also did not hit buildings, but they do grant a large visibility radius. Is that intended? I expected them to be more like lightning sentries, always active but no visibility granted.

The combo graphic Rue gets when Martyr hits him with a thunderstrike never goes away, and persists through death, even after the combo is completed. seems to be cosmetic only.

Streak can occasionally generate a graphic glitch where the lightning trail never goes away. seems to be cosmetic only. I've seen happen on any range streak with 3 hops or more.

The skeletons from a marked gravebind have a chance to linger, seemingly forever as well (they were killed by enemies everytime i've seen this, but they lasted 5+ minutes). does not happen every time, and the skeletons are weak enough that it doesn't seem to be a game changer. Only seen happen late game, when some spawns are appearing under player control, could be related.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#23 Post by DarnYak »

- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
This seems to be included in 1.24b. I'm thinking odds are the crash bug is part of these, as I cannot find any goddam reason for EotA to be crashing. So I'm going to give up fixing the crash bug till it comes out, and I'll finish fixing the minor bugs and release c6 tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, and this has rather fucked over my hopes of getting d out soon.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by DarnYak »

Direhowls terror seems to be still broken if units with full hp have chance to die 30% which increases with less hp. I think I got a single kill with fully upped terror on multiple tries.
Was going over bugs and realized this needs clarification: At less hp, its 30% MAXIMUM chance. A unit at full health would have near 0%. I believe level 6 howl with max talent is suppose to have a 30% chance to kill anything below 90% health (and scales between 0% and 30% between 100% and 90% health)

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#25 Post by Dekar »

Yeah, I thought so, but in this form its kinda useless and in addition horrible overpriced.

It would propably still be balanced with 20% kill on 100% hp and increasing to 50-100% kill on 1% hp, due to the long cooldown.