Bitch thread

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Elreth
Resident
Resident

Bitch thread

#1 Post by Elreth »

Kedge 'fix' isnt on wiki but im assuming that's included? If not, then please.

Command towers 'retreat' function not ignoring enemy units. (Seems like attack move instead of move? Somehow copied the other command tower ability?)

Time Cleric's mana costs reduced.

Swoop knockback change is listed but swoop damage seems broken as well. Not sure if one fixes the other or something but it is hiting for rather low amounts.

Just remove Fenris's howl of terror ability it either doesn't work or sucks so hard that it should cost at most 5-10 crystal, and at least this way newer players won't get cheated.

Loathe as I am to bug fix roth cheese... his entangle will fail to entangle if he doesn't have vision of you.

Nerf on scarab's overwhelming radiance talent. Either less damage, less damage per unit, significant less or no damage to heroes. Something. It is just too amazing right now. Even if it cost 20 and then 30 crystal it would still be worth it at the moment. Heck I would pay 40/50 easy, but then at least its wrath would be delayed.

Slight buff on orc air units or the rank benefit of seeing when tower cores become available. Nothing is worse than seeing so and so has started building a terrible orc air unit tower. Also it could be that those messages aren't always appearing but I might just be not paying enough attention.

as hilarious as it is, something about lich avataring the heck out of an enemy undead push.

and finally FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REMOVE POLYMORPH. Replace it with entangle, sleep, stun. The choices are yours! Remove those units entirely! I dont care but please =( Think of poor, dumb Kuri.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Bitch thread

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

He's not dumb on purpose!
- Luftwaffles

kwaththeraven
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: MoononiteLeader

#3 Post by kwaththeraven »

All spells being usable on flying units would be nice.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Elreth »

probably doesnt meet the relatively easy to implement requirement

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#5 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Elreth wrote:probably doesnt meet the relatively easy to implement requirement
Not all, but the vast majority can be implemented easily.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

I thought the entangle not entangling when he doesn't have vision to you was intended? Too bad it still does damage, and its' not like the hero itself needs vision what with all the spawns everywhere giving vision.

Lanthis
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Lanthis

#7 Post by Lanthis »

Entangle not working when not in vision would be like Ice Lance not working after someone runs away, which would mean ice spider would never get any kills.
I am a parody of myself.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#8 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

It's not like that at all, because Ice Lance has instant damage and a DoT, Entangling has a big delay, is AoE, and roots.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Elreth »

More important ice lance doesnt slow anyone or root them in place. It just does damage and entangle still does damage for him regardless.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#10 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Ice lance hits about four times harder though.

America!

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Elreth »

Well lets not get into a comparison between ice lance and entangle, but suffice to say that a large part of entangle's effect is the entangling so it should be fixed.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#12 Post by Reaper »

yes, the main difference being the disable
[Reaper]

Lanthis
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by Lanthis »

AlienFromBeyond wrote:I thought the entangle not entangling when he doesn't have vision to you was intended? Too bad it still does damage, and its' not like the hero itself needs vision what with all the spawns everywhere giving vision.
Sorry if I wasn't very clear, he said "Too bad it still does damage". I'm saying if it didn't do damage when not in vision, it would totally hose the skill.
I am a parody of myself.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I'm not totally convinced it's OP, maybe just tweak the reapplying effect some? The base dmg is actually quite pathetic. Something like 300 stock at rank 6, even with some int. With Roth, it's a combination of things more than just one skill. I'd even argue nerfing just Spores might be enough, I agree it's nearly impossible to escape when Eidolon is running around dropping clouds everywhere, each with an insane chance to stun you; then the added stun and the additional chance from the talent for Entangle.

America!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

If anyone has particular issues they want me to try to address, get them in this thread by tonight. Not promising to fix them all but will look over them and try to do something if they can be fixed in a short time.

DarnYak

Lanthis
Resident
Resident

#16 Post by Lanthis »

Could you un-nerf red drakes so I don't have to yell at that noob on my team not to build red drakes; at least until you make a final decision on what to do with air?
I am a parody of myself.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#17 Post by Elreth »

thats already in my first post :S

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#18 Post by Dekar »

A little nerf of Eidolons ultimate attackss damage, just a personal opinion though. I think lvl 1 can level a tower on its own if left unattendet.

The easy to implement stuff from the lastest talent cost discussion thread, as in cost changes.
+Scarab healing wave nuke talent cost increase if nobody posted that. And make it just one level for 5% max.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#19 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Dekar wrote:A little nerf of Eidolons ultimate's attack damage, just a personal opinion though. I think lvl 1 can level a tower on its own if left unattended.
I doubt that, especially considering the tower WILL fire upon the Rotting Grove as it is building, making the thing start at little to no health.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#20 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Unless the tower is being distracted by spawns, which would be the smart move to make.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by CryptLord1234 »

I'm pretty sure it still shoots at it, even if the spawns are distracting it. At least, that's been my experience with it. Will test it again, though, when EotA works again.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#22 Post by Luftwaffles »

- Fix Garg Rav Dive cast time
- Slightly nerf Abberate until you impliment an instant kill item; make it so that dispels do damage to units with Abberate (something! uncounterable atm except by massive amounts of damage which not all units have).
- Slightly, very slightly buff Polarize.
- Nerf Thunderstrike for god's sake (look at it's Level 6 dmg vs. buildings T_T)
- Luftwaffles

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#23 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Ion Surge is very hard to use because the enemy's speed doesn't lower by that much, while you still need to run through any guys in the way. Some kind of talent (call it Astral Strands or Magnetic Grasp, I dunno) that gives additional slow to the target of Ion Surge would be nice.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Eidolon's tower guardians die really fast I'm afraid, sometimes not even living through the cast time, which is one reason I rarely invest in that skill. Why make them even worse then?

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#25 Post by Dekar »

It also has 800 attack range vs 700 tower attack range.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer