Fairly Important, please read

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fairly Important, please read

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Most people who have tried Test6 (and probably test5 and before) know that hamstring is broken. After much hunting, I have finally determined the cause.

There was a request on modforge to have certain spells auto attack the target after being cast. Lunge was one, hamstring was another. This ended up breaking hamstring (and technicly lunge as well, but none of the broken lunge effects are noticable).

The importnat question: Does anyone know any other spells that may have been requested this feature?

Likewise, if you would want this feature requested (auto attack target after a spell), please let me know which spells and i'll probably add it.

DarnYak
Last edited by DarnYak on August 29th, 2006, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#2 Post by Sparda963 »

swoop, prolly charge too. would also check out demo blow and pilfer, that is about all i can think of that would have the auto atk target after the spell.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#3 Post by Hammel »

What about AoO (shouldnt be noticable though)? (I am sure about Swoop, you use the spell and attack right after hitting the enemy)

Dunno about any others...

-Ham

EDIT: Is there a T7? I only know about T6 :/ If there is T7, please mail me ^^ h4mm3l@gmx.net

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

If there was T7, I'd like it too.

alienfrombeyond at gmail dot com

Sorry, don't want spammers catching the address on google's cache or anything.

Ion
Communist

#5 Post by Ion »

Ion.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Furion »

Likewise, if you would want this feature requested (auto attack target after a spell), please let me know which spells and i'll probably add it.
i suggest to add this feature, if its added, to all skills which are used at enemy heros to deal dmg to the enemy hero in any way(either direct dmg like lunge,shred or to weaken/disable them in some way expunge,hamstring..)

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#7 Post by Tehw00tz »

Ok..
Sigil of stunning,and tree of rooting(Yggdrasil ability)
Whatthesponge@gmail.com
What hammel said.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

...while the original post was fully accurate, only myself and shortling have played test7. I meant to say test6

You'll know test7 is out becuase it will have its own bug thread when it does.

DarnYak

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Infernal Binding, Vengeance, Swoop, AoO, Charge, Pilfer/Demoralizing Blow, and maybe Hazard Slash?

Edit: Basically, any ranged movement debuff/nuke on ranged heroes, and melee movement debuff/nuke on melee heroes. Getting a attack command after doing Rockslide as Gravel would be bad, for example.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by CryptLord1234 »

DarnYak wrote:You'll know test7 is out becuase it will have its own bug thread when it does.

DarnYak
^^Hehe, love that. I need to start idling in the Clan EotA channel (Mayhaps I'll get to DL EotA 1.11 T6. Unlikely, but who knows...)
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#11 Post by Tehw00tz »

AlienFromBeyond wrote:Infernal Binding, Vengeance, Swoop, AoO, Charge, Pilfer/Demoralizing Blow, and maybe Hazard Slash?

Edit: Basically, any ranged movement debuff/nuke on ranged heroes, and melee movement debuff/nuke on melee heroes. Getting a attack command after doing Rockslide as Gravel would be bad, for example.
Hazard Slash is ranged, so the AI may send you to your death.
Infernal Binding would cause some errors(coupled with enchanted arrows) unless it does what charge and encouragement used to do, or say it's doing(cast encouragement on 1.10 and the box around the skill will light up green saying its being used/channeling but never actualtly casts.)And it may bug/lag if you don't skill arrows and cast binding.
Vengeance usaully is a insta-kill or not kill, a few attacks wouldn't help it kill someone (unless your going with the battle Xeldarith.)
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Furion
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by Furion »

Maybe you should be able to decide yourself wether you like to attack your target or not...

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#13 Post by Ocean.dll »

I think its a good idea for some melee attacks, but probably not ranged skills. I can just imagine some mage classes doing something stupid cause they just hit their target and now they chase the enemy hero through a crowd of spawns.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Furion wrote:Maybe you should be able to decide yourself wether you like to attack your target or not...
Hmmmm... something in game that lets you tell the game to auto-attack your target when you use skills you specify? Would be cool, but hard to do :/.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Furion »

If you cast instant non target spells your hero doesnt change his current action. Yak can maybe implement it on every skill (exculding the channeling ones ofc), so that the hero keeps on doing the action he did right before it casted its spell, that would be the best possible solution in my eyes.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#16 Post by Dekar »

Tehw00tz wrote: Infernal Binding would cause some errors(coupled with enchanted arrows) unless it does what charge and encouragement used to do, or say it's doing(cast encouragement on 1.10 and the box around the skill will light up green saying its being used/channeling but never actualtly casts.)And it may bug/lag if you don't skill arrows and cast binding.
AM in 1.10 has a magic attack that allows her to attack banished units even without the arrow skill and in 1.11 several other heroes get a secondary magic attack too.
So there is no problem with auto attack targets of IB.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer