hosting eota and bots

Post suggestions, wishes, complaints about the bots on the East, West, and Euro realms here.

Moderator: Perhaps

Crusnik
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: CrusnikZero2

hosting eota and bots

#1 Post by Crusnik »

so i dont like hosting because its not a ranking game, but i will do it if they did. and the bot is missing. besides a non-ranking game, if i host no1 joins. and how do i join eota on the east... i just want to play!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: hosting eota and bots

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.

"Ranked games" are games with 4 or more people on each side (or 8 people in total), so you're going to need that many people for you to actually get a code. The bot is going through some difficulties at the moment. EotA, while we love it, is not immensely popular. If you host one you're going to have to be patient and expect leavers shortly after the game starts (after spending anywhere between 5-30 minutes in the waiting room). If you're using LC make sure you rehost every few minutes, since Warden will continually kick you off b-net. Make sure your ports are all forwarded properly (6112 is the default; 6113 if you're using LC).

If you want to join games hosted by people, just search; I've actually seen quite a few pubs in the past few days and I'm sure if you have a bit of patience you can get in one. I'm not sure about the bot's status at the moment as I haven't been online and I'm just heading out so I won't know until late tomorrow (I have 10 hours of work awaiting me ^___^).

Hope that clears a few things up.
- Luftwaffles

GeneralFunk
3/4s Weeaboo

#3 Post by GeneralFunk »

This is in the wrong forum, but anyways. Try looking at the admins thread, if bot is down, look for any of those admins and notify them, even try europe and look for the europe admins.

Crusnik
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: CrusnikZero2

#4 Post by Crusnik »

ya i did not realize till too late that its in the wrong posting... but thanks it really helps. now i know how to get a ranking code. its just hard to get ppl to join if its not the bot. so thats why i dont like hosting eota(cuz its not popular yet). i was wondering if there was a way to locate the bot like using "whois" or "whereis" to find him. its hard to know if its hosting a game or not on at all.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

Moved to a more appropriate forum.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

ayn-m00k
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: ayn-m00k

#6 Post by ayn-m00k »

Any idea what time of day most people tend to play eota?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#7 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

When I get on, it's usually around 2-6 mostly. But I am in the Northwest (Pacific time) so figuring out the different time zones....

Can also catch some later ones, around 10-2 sometimes. Just what I noticed.

America!