[Fel Orcs] Karanuus--Chaos Golem

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

[Fel Orcs] Karanuus--Chaos Golem

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Karanuus
Chaos Golem

Model: Golem with green chaos graphic (or similar)

Stats
Str 22 @ 2.5
Agi 12 @ 1.2
Int 12 @ 1.2

Armor 3
Attack 67-75

Story
One of the powerful golems native to the Outlands, Karanuus witnessed much of the destruction dealt by the hands of the Orcs. He joined the horde in order to perverse his own life, as well as those of his race. Now he serves them faithfully and will do anything to survive.

Playstyle
Karanuus is best played as a defensive tank/support caster. With his several disables and stuns and his numerous anti-magic abilities as well as several buffs/debuffs, allow him excel at survivability.

[Innate] Resistant Skin
Grants Karanuus a 25% resistance to all spells and attacks.

Granite Form
Creates a wall of granite around (graphic similar in appearance to Gravel’s tremor) the Golem, regenerating x *(Agi) health per second. While under the effects of Granite Frm, Karanuus will take 50% more dmg from physical attacks, but is immune to all magical spells. Also removes any unfriendly buffs in an 800 AoE.
[Talent]Resilience
Further lowers the dmg taken from physical attacks while in GF to 45/40/35%. Upgradable 3 times.

Pulverize
Karanuus slams the ground with his fist, dealing x * (Agi) dmg and pushing units back in an AoE. Deals an additional y * (Str) collision dmg to any obstructions the units hit. Also reduces armor by a percentage (based upon skill lvl).

[Auto Cast] Second Skin
Summons a chaos golem from Karanuus's being, but takes away % of his armor in the process. Golem Lasts until death, at which time the armor is re-applied. Golems are given mediums HP, attack, and armor at first lvls. Later on, they acquire spells of their own (Slam, Resistant Skin, Split Form, and Crumbling Shard).
Spells include:
[Slam] Stuns a unit for 2 seconds.
[Resistant Skin] Grants a 25% resistance to spells.
[Split Form] Splits the golem into two, lesser golems.
[Crumbling Shard] Places a shard of granite near enemy units, reducing armor by % in a (medium AoE). Shard is killable.

Path of Chaos
[Active]
While in the path, Karanuus slowly builds up fel energy. At any given time it may be dissapated in an AoE with certain effects. At 3 seconds, will stun a unit/hero for 4 seconds. At 6 seconds, will stun a unit hero for 2 seconds and deal x * (str) dmg around Karanuus. At 9 seconds, will deal x * (str) dmg around Karanuus (much heaver dmg since it doesn't have the stun). This concept shares some similarity with FM's charge, though slightly different.
[Passive]
Leaves a trail of fel energy in Karanuus's wake. Any units that come too close are slowed by % percent.

[Ultimate] Infernal Transform
Wreathes Karanuus in a halo of fel energy, dealing x * (Int) dmg per second to units aroun him. Also grants 2 strength and 5 armor every second for y seconds and 25% increased AS/MS. During this time, Karanuus cannot use any of his abilities but is given a ranged seige attack and 20 additional seige dmg.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 12th, 2009, 6:52 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Matt1965

Re: [Fel Orcs] Karanuus--Chaos Golem

#2 Post by Matt1965 »

Holy good god man... the stuns... he would massivly rape any army of hero... especially with that damage of his.
i dont think he will ever be taking any damage from spells, and his two spells with damage reduction and addition cancel eachother out.
So whenever a unit is stunned chaotic skin deals a massive damage aoe?
and he can bascally never die due to stuns and granite form >.<
his ultimate is avatar..
overall a massivly OP hero dude. not trying to bag on you but he needs a little variety.
How about like..
boulder dash: creates a small shockwave effect in 3 directions and seperates into 3 units, the middle one his hero and two weaker golems. the hero has a major loss to str while the minions are alive.
or...
Rock armor: The hero sacrifices 1 str for 1 armor. has no cooldown or mana cost and can be switched back. or just make the effect last like 60 seconds.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well, the author is rarely the best judge of his work, lol.

No no, I really appreciate your imput, but I was wondering if you could a little more specific? I realize with his high str, stuns, hardened skin whatnot, he's powerful, but he's intended to be that way.

I'll look into him further. Other than the OP skills? is the overal concept/idea sound good?
Rock armor: The hero sacrifices 1 str for 1 armor. has no cooldown or mana cost and can be switched back. or just make the effect last like 60 seconds.
I really like this idea. But I have my own twist on it. Thanks!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#4 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

For skin sacrifices, does that last forever? Like every time you cast it it reduces 1 and adds 1? That could lead to some serious imbalance, people would just push it until they have 90% damage reduction and then stop using it for the rest of the game.

Or are you saying that for x seconds he gets 1 armor for every x?

And I agree with matt, the ultimate is pretty boring, and the majority of his spells are stat changing. You need something cool looking :)

How 'bout:

Ultimate: True Heat (Active) (120 s cd) (high mana) For 20 seconds Karanuus loses the ability to move, but any smart orders cause him to liquify and slide towards the target, dealing damage in that line, plus a small dot in the area afterward which can affect him as well (to prevent sliding back and fourth). Karanuus can use this slide as many times as he wishes within a large area, but if he attempts to leave it he will be stuck frozen solid until the heat wears off.

Overall a really cool idea to make an ultra magic resistant tank
I miss EotA :(

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

It's a no CD effect, basically, everytime you click the icon, it adds armor, takes away str, vice versa. It could become imbalanced, but I really don't think people are gonna want 150 armor and 500 HP. I may put a cap on it though...

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ultimate: True Heat (Active) (120 s cd) (high mana) For 20 seconds Karanuus loses the ability to move, but any smart orders cause him to liquify and slide towards the target, dealing damage in that line, plus a small dot in the area afterward which can affect him as well (to prevent sliding back and fourth). Karanuus can use this slide as many times as he wishes within a large area, but if he attempts to leave it he will be stuck frozen solid until the heat wears off.
Lol, I am sorry Coke, but your suggestion was hilarious, for whatever reason. No offense! :) But I am trying to stick with a golem theme ^^ Still would love to hear any others ideas you might have? Thanks for the imput...

But yes, the ulitmate is basically what I mean't by open for refinement, I agree, it isn't the best, but it does fit the theme. And I am trying VERY hard to do that hard, I am a sucker for themed heroes. That may be why I love Bane so much, and GT is pretty imba too, but love tanks in general.
Overall a really cool idea to make an ultra magic resistant tank
Yes, this was the intent. basically, Karanuus is suppose to rival or exceed Alexander in terms of taking/avioding dmg. Yet still have some weakness. Since golems almost always have some sort of magic reistance and EotA is lacking in that area, why not? There is the phyiscal attack though, but that's what armor is for...
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 11th, 2009, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

DarkNemesis wrote:It's a no CD effect, basically, everytime you click the icon, it adds armor, takes away str, vice versa. It could become imbalanced, but I really don't think people are gonna want 150 armor and 500 HP. I may put a cap on it though...
So it runs on a switch? click once to get ton of armor, click again to get back ton of strength?

I'm still confused.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ok, changed his innate, should make more sense and sound cooler overall.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Matt1965 »

As it turns out i read one of your spells wrong.. heh.. :roll:
i thought that talent that said 45/35/25% damage reduction was its own spells and a passive thing... well that makes him alot less OP >.<
well now he doesnt seem so bad sorry for the confusion....

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well, don't get me wrong, he is suppose to be extremely difficult to kill, a rival Alexander, like I stated before. And also, I tweaked him a little, such as scraping his innate stun. He is still quite formitable imo though...

But you like overall the ideas?

Or too good? too bad?

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#11 Post by Matt1965 »

pretty basic but good. not much to say

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'll try to address this one one post:

"Model: Golem with green chaos graphic (or similar)"
Would this not be an infernal?

each strength point increases hp by 20
starting HP (I'll use BP's starting HP because he has the same starting strength) 540
25*20= 500
HP left, 40
Armor left 52

This would also firmly reduce his hit point regeneration.

"Resistant Skin
Grants Karanuus 10/14/17/21/25/33% magic reduction, but in turn takes 2/4/8/11/17/25% more physical dmg. Also gives a 2/4/6/8/10/12% chance for melee units attacking Karanuus to be stunned for 2 seconds and loose 10 armor/10 attack for 10 seconds. "
I liked it better on Tiny in DotA

"Granite Form
Creates a wall of granite around (graphic similar in appearance to Gravel’s tremor) the Golem, regenerating x *(Agi) health per second. While under the effects of granite form, Karanuus will take 50% more dmg from physical attacks, but is immune to all magical spells. "
If I buy an agility ring and temper it to +5 it seems I wouldn't need a fountain

"[Ultimate] Ulitamte Form
Transforms Karanuus into a powerful Golem, grants him 10 armor, 10 attack, and 10 str. Also takes his current attack and turns it into a siege-type dmg. Any spells used are given a 25% increase in dmg, but also take the same amount from his mana. Lasts 20 seconds. "
Turning a golem into a golem seems redundant.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

"Model: Golem with green chaos graphic (or similar)"
Would this not be an infernal?
Yea, I mean't to put that in, sorry Wootz.
This would also firmly reduce his hit point regeneration.
Well, your missing the piont though. This is not mean't to be a nice little toss-in spell, it's suppose to be intimadating. And used at higher lvls (for the most part). If your running from a charging caster, I would definetly wan't to swtich out my armor for more hp. It's a very flexible skill.
Turning a golem into a golem seems redundant.
Well, it's an avator, so...
If I buy an agility ring and temper it to +5 it seems I wouldn't need a fountain
You'll notice I didn't put numbers there, so you may be sounding a little premature. Too, skills without stat gains are boring as hell.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

"Granite Form
Creates a wall of granite around (graphic similar in appearance to Gravel’s tremor) the Golem, regenerating x *(Agi) health per second. While under the effects of granite form, Karanuus will take 50% more dmg from physical attacks, but is immune to all magical spells. "
Not exactly, this spell would still cost mana, and if it became unblalanced, you could just reduce the agi multiplier (to .05 or something) or up the mana cost

The problem with doing that though, is it would seriously reduce the use of the ability, and I doubt you'd have the money for a +5 agi ring, nor would you want to spend it considering this is his only agi spell

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

Now if I could only argue as well as Cokemonkey11....

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

Not exactly, this spell would still cost mana, and if it became unblalanced, you could just reduce the agi multiplier (to .05 or something) or up the mana cost
Etherize
Turns a unit Ethereal for 2/3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds, cleansing it of any buffs or debuffs. Any dmg that the units takes is returned as mana to Karanuus at a 25/50/75/100/125/150% rate.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#17 Post by Matt1965 »

words help arguements wootz. not just c/p. so your saying the etherize would cancel out the problem of it requiring mana since he can use it, then cast a few spells, and regain all mana? but then the mana it would take to cast those spells would be far more than u would get back. and if you DIDNT use spells you have to massivly rely on ally help to cast spells on him.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#18 Post by Tehw00tz »

I'm saying this hero is just too rounded. He has a stun, an ability that could make him regenerate HP at an upwards at 5 per second, an innate that gives him more armor (this is important later on in this post), a spell that gives him mana back, an ability that gives him magic reduction but makes him take more physical damage (lol innate problem solved[Not only that but it also has a chance to stun melee units and cause them to lose attack and armor for 10 seconds.]{Oh the talent also makes him do an AoE nuke based on his main stat}])BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! Pulverize also kills any units stunned by the (at one point, 10% stun)that he has. And his ultimate is just bland. This hero is too boring and too adapted to any situation.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#19 Post by Dekar »

Looks like you forgot that his base movement speed is 10.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by DarkNemesis »

This hero is too boring and too adapted to any situation.
I'll be tweaking him some, keep in touch.

And he'll get a new ultimate as well...

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#21 Post by Matt1965 »

I agree on the basis of being simply too strong and adapt but new ideas would be more helpful to him.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ok, revamped. Check him out.

No ultimate, was wanting help from community.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#23 Post by Matt1965 »

Avalaching power: During a set time every time the hero attacks he gains 1 strength and 2% attack speed and .5 armor. all effects are reset to normal when effect wears off.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ok, added an ultimate with some inspiration from Matt. :wink:

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#25 Post by Matt1965 »

Not.. really.. the point of my idea at all but ok >.<