Hero Idea: Siege caster

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Matt1965

Hero Idea: Siege caster

#1 Post by Matt1965 »

Siege Caster

Name: Regen van brand
Model: Fel orc caster
Strength: very low
Intelligence:(main) very high
agility: medium
Range: 850

Innate ability: Wicked eye - (active)(30 seconds cooldown)(very low mana) Places a ward that reveals inv and 500 sight range.
lasts 30 seconds. (invisible)

1: Scourge the ground (active area)(60 seconds cooldown)(medium mana) Throws a vial that corrupts the ground,
causing units on it to take small damage and slowed. (some kind of ground effect if u can or simply a poison gas)

2: Brood (active channeling)(no cooldown)(no mana) Hero meditates to regenerate mana much faster, but cannot
move or attack while channeling.

3: Meteor Distress (active AOE)(30 second cooldown)(medium high mana) Causes 3-4 large meteors to fly from the sky
within a given AOE dealing moderate damage upon impact and turn into flaming rocks after impact that cause damage
to anything that touches them. (flaming rock with immolation.)

4: Ramming cage (active)(20 second cooldown)(High mana) launches a cage at enemy in shockwave fashion (1000 range) that if it hits
will trap the unit (30 seconds) or hero ((ability level)+3 seconds) and deal low damage over time.

Ultimate: Chaos (active channeling AOE)(1 min cooldown)(super high mana) Within a large AOE everything, excluding caster
and buildings, are randomly teleported within that AOE every 2 seconds for 30 seconds while dealing damage
to units (randomly of course). Also has a chance to kill minor enemy units and buff random units.

Talents:
Evil Eye: wicked eye is able to attack while remaining invisible. (yay for random chaos) (damage would be lke..
5-7, then 8-12, then 12-15.
Fighting afar: increases attack range by 50.
More chaos: makes units teleport every 1.5 seconds then every 1 second.
Worthless Filth: Ramming cage will pass through 1,2,3 weak (less than 50% healtH) enemy units.(not heroes)
Concentration: Brood automatically turns on when hero is idle. instantly ends when hero is given an order.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Re: Hero Idea: Siege caster

#2 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

wicked eye and scourge the ground are a little too simple (sentry ward and earthquake)

scourge the ground and meteor distress are a little too similar (both aoe dot)

brood kinda simple. What if that was the heroes only way of gaining mana? I like it then.

Ramming cage is awesome.

Chaos is awesome.

Evil eye attacking both useless and imba.
Fighting afar both useless and difficult to do.
More chaos would just add lag without really changing the ability much.
Worthless filth is cool.
Concentration makes brood passive, which is not good for eota.

Overall I really like, but I suggest you change the innate and spell 1, and go through talents again, as well as change the use of brood.
I miss EotA :(

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Meteor Distress is awesome, a great anti-push ability.

Ramming Cage is awesome. But be careful when implementing stuns on heroes, could easily become OP due to the fact that this hero seems to deal alot of dmg.

Innate...meh, it's ok, maybe a tad too simple.

Scourage the ground is good, kinda like like Arcane Archer's meteor effect with a slow to boot, nice twist.

I'm not getting your ult, explanation?

Brood is rather simple. But the talent for it may hold up...

Overall, nice ideas. I like them :wink:
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

His ult channels for a time during which all units in a wide area randomly teleport to a different location within that area periodically.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well I got that much, but thank you.

I guess I mean't to say....what's the point?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Well, it's chaotic and cool :)

It does damage with a chance to 1hit kill.. It's his third aoe dot ability :P

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Matt1965 »

Siege Caster

Range: 900
Hero has no mana regen but a high max mana.

Innate ability: Wicked eye - (active)(30 seconds cooldown)(very low mana) Places a ward that reveals inv and 500 sight range.
lasts 30 seconds. (invisible)the eye is able to decent vulnerable spots on enemy units, lowering their armor (the eye has faerie
fire spell that costs 10 mana, and regens 1 mana per second, with a
max of 10 mana and lasts 10 seconds)

1: Forceful obedience: (active aoe like breath of fire)(30 second cooldown)(high mana) Magically forces 50% of the enemies
caught in the attack to fight for the siege caster for (ability level*3) seconds.

2: Brood (active channeling)(no cooldown)(no mana) Hero meditates to regenerate mana much faster, but cannot
move or attack while channeling.

3: Meteor Distress (active AOE)(30 second cooldown)(medium high mana) Causes 3-4 large meteors to fly from the sky
within a given AOE dealing moderate damage upon impact and turn into flaming rocks after impact that cause damage
to anything that touches them. (flaming rock with immolation.the rocks should be large to create obstacles.)

4: Ramming cage (active)(20 second cooldown)(High mana) launches a cage at enemy in shockwave fashion (1000 range) that if it hits
will trap the unit (30 seconds) or hero ((ability level)+3 seconds) and deal low damage over time.

Ultimate: Chaos (active channeling AOE)(1 min cooldown)(super high mana) Within a large AOE everything, excluding caster
and buildings, are randomly teleported within that AOE every 2 seconds for 30 seconds while dealing damage
to units (randomly of course). Also has a chance to kill minor enemy units and buff random units.

Talents:
All seeing eye: the wicked eye can detect vulnerable spots on multiple enemies at once. (increases mana regen of ward by 1)
Worthless Filth: Ramming cage will pass through 1,2,3 weak (less than 50% healtH) enemy units.(not heroes)
Complete conversion: increases % charmed by forceful obedience by 20%.
State of mind: If mana drops below 25% the hero will automatically use brood whenever idle. is instantly canceled
whenever hero is given an order.
Let it rain: increases meteors dropped by meteor distress by 1.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I like it a lot more now, ima post here what I said in chat:

Make brood increase mana exponentially while channeling, adding mana each 2 seconds like:
1,2,4,8,16,32,64.. mana periodically

then have the talent double the reaction size so it's

That way you can both stay away from making the spell passive, and at the same time you get a balanced amount of mana early and late game (sort of)

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#9 Post by Dekar »

Meteor Distress is already in EotA as Meteor Swarm on Arcane Archer.

Giving him no mana regeneration and no innate that regenerates mana is a really, really bad idea.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by DarkNemesis »

What if you had the rocks turn into golems or something? With Choas dmg and spell immunity? That would go nicely with the fel orc theme and be uber cool at the same time. Just a thought.

@ Dekar: Have you ever submitted a hero idea? Becuase I'd love to see what you classify as good.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#11 Post by Dekar »

As I was involved in creating another AoS map, there arent many ideas of me floating around on this forum.

What is on this forum is a very old Phoenix Warrior, who was created before I gathered most of my hero developing experience and and a kinda brainstormed murloc hero in the lareg murloc hero thread. The murloc ideas were posted because I felt that not all directions of this hero were explored, with people too much focusing on water and stuff, so I limited myself to other skills.
Feel free to take a look at them, but any "bad" comment on them will gladly be ignored.

For a more recent and freely developed idea you can take a look at CLICK ME.
Featherbomb and Pounce are original ideas by me as well as the pet.
The pet ( wolf or something ) should have acted like this: Stays near you like familiar and basically mirrors your attack, attack move and move orders. It has certain skills which are activated through certain action though, e.g. if rightclicking an enemy with the wolf 500 or less units away, it will leap to the target and stun it for a short moment. If you get attacked it has a chance to cast taunt. Etc.
Numbers in the post were preleminary without gameplay experience and were actually changed for test games, the other skills were created through input of the main map maker and community members.

There arent many complete hero ideas of me around, as I rather made up single skills for existing heroes missing a skill or replacing old ones. Or made "co-productions".
Here is an old idea: http://forum.esnation.com/showthread.ph ... post381172
The hero was slightly changed over time, but the skills itself are more or less in their original form.

And please note that this map follows slightly different guidelines for heroes due to a different gameplay.

And just because I dont say anything to some skills doesnt mean I dont like them.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Dekar wrote:Meteor Distress is already in EotA as Meteor Swarm on Arcane Archer.

Giving him no mana regeneration and no innate that regenerates mana is a really, really bad idea.
Except with meteor swarm the effect doesn't hit the ground and stay there, effectively blocking like ice wall and dealing dot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#13 Post by Dekar »

They have a talent to set the ground on fire dealing damage over time. Its a 1:1 copy with some pathment blocker added.

I dont say its a bad skill mechanic wise, but if someone doesnt post hero ideas just for fun he should make his skills unique ( animation and for bonus points mechanic wise ).

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

he should make his skills unique
Ok, let's discuss unique shall we:

Cure Wounds/Close Wounds/Rapid Healing

Mortal Strike/Demoralizing Blow/Shred/Lunge/etc...

Tangle Weed/Grasping Treant/Entangling Seed

Point made.

This is NOT by any means to degrade Yak or EotA, but what I am trying to get across is that you will have some similar abilities, and (get ready, this is the shocking part)that's ok, because it isn't really possible to think of a totally unique spell for every hero. It's called inspiration. Please learn the difference Dekar.

The basic concept of Matt's idea is unique enough imo. Now if your talking about it being bland, meh, not all abilities are wonders. And Coke realizes this ideas aren't perfect, that's what he put them up for others to view and add to.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 11th, 2009, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#15 Post by Matt1965 »

Honestly the pathing blocker is 90% of what i consider makes that spell awesome. i dont care about the shitty dot on it or the damage. its suppose to break up troops and make barricades.
just my opinion...
which is also why i dont want to make them turn into anything first because that is exactly what rain of chaos is (the campaign spell or w/e) and the units would either be useless as units or overpowered.
But i DO see your point on not making brood his innitiate ability and u have a very good point, But then i need to change wicked eye because as a spell its very underpowered i think.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I don't think you'd need to change anything. Just change the amount of armor it takes away.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#17 Post by Matt1965 »

Siege Caster

Range: 900
Hero has no mana regen but a high max mana.

Innate ability: Brood (active channeling)(no cooldown)(no mana) Hero meditates to regenerate mana at a rate of (1+intelligence/100)(*2 each second.), but cannot
move or attack while channeling. (so if hero has intelligence of 110 he gets 1+(1.1). so 2.1,4.2,8.8,ect. its an increasing ammount each second.)

1: Forceful obedience: (active aoe like breath of fire)(30 second cooldown)(high mana) Magically forces 50% of the enemies
caught in the attack to fight for the siege caster for (ability level*3) seconds.

2: Wicked eye - (active)(30 seconds cooldown)(very low mana) Places a ward that reveals inv and 500 sight range.
lasts 30 seconds. (invisible)the eye is able to decent vulnerable spots on enemy units, lowering their armor (the eye has faerie
fire spell that costs 3 mana, and regens 1 mana per second, with a
max of 3 mana and lasts 4 seconds and reduces armor by (ability level*3+intelligence/15))

to anything that touches them. (flaming rock with immolation.the rocks should be large to create obstacles.)

Talents:
All seeing eye: the wicked eye can detect vulnerable spots on multiple enemies at once. (increases mana regen of ward by 1)
Complete conversion: increases % charmed by forceful obedience by 20%.
State of mind: The rate in which brood increases is raised by 1. (1,3,9,27,ect)
Let it rain: increases meteors dropped by meteor distress by 1.
Last edited by Matt1965 on July 11th, 2009, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by DarkNemesis »

Wait, which ability takes away armor? I checked but didn't see anything. Think I may have missed something...

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#19 Post by Matt1965 »

the wicked eye.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by DarkNemesis »

Oh, well how much armor are we talking about lost then?

And matt, you don't have to keep reposting the suggestion each time you edit it, I don't mind, but the trolls around here are merceless. Just a warning man.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on July 11th, 2009, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#21 Post by Matt1965 »

read the spell, its a very high amount but it only lasts 4 seconds and he recasts every 3 seconds.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by DarkNemesis »

Hmm, well it may be a little high, and too, after a certain amount it's rather pointless unless your talking against heroes. Maybe ad some other effect?

How about this:

Golem Corruption?
Gives an x percent chance for a unit within the AoE to become petrified, rendering it useless for y seconds. Should the affected unit die under that effect, it will turn into a choas golem and fight for (hero name here)...

Thoughts?

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#23 Post by Matt1965 »

Sounds like an interesting spell, to replace wicked eye? i have been thinking of replacing it. idk, i just like the idea of having some sight because my heroes large range.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well, not nessesarily, maybe to cut the rather harsh effects of that spell, your talking like what, -50 armor? That's a bit heavy imo. The point was to add a difference twist on it. It's your hero, do what you like, if you think Wicked Eye needs to go, then go for it.

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor

#25 Post by Matt1965 »

woah how did you get 50?
2: Wicked eye - (active)(30 seconds cooldown)(very low mana) Places a ward that reveals inv and 500 sight range.
fire spell that costs 3 mana, and regens 1 mana per second, with a
max of 3 mana and lasts 4 seconds and reduces armor by (ability level*3+intelligence/15))

even at high levels that like.. 9+10
and thats with ability lvl 3 and 150 int.

And i see your point im just arguing with myself about it atm :P