Tormented Ogre Magi

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

Tormented Ogre Magi

#1 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Tormented Ogre Magi

Kouzlo the ogre magi was captured by satyrs and forced to focus his intelligence and talent to darker deeds. Kouzlo has survived untold tortures.

Name: Kouzlo (Magic in Czech, my third use of google translate for lack of imagination)
Model: 255/200/200 colored Ogre Magi
Strength (Main): Medium
Agility: Low
Intelligence (Spell Main): High
Range: Melee

Innate: Channeled Strength (switch) (10 second cooldown to switch) (avg mana to switch) While enabled, Kouzlo gets 700 additional attack range at the cost of using damage/10 mana per attack.

1: Flame Vortex (passive/active/stack/switch) (no cooldown) (avg mana to drop) Each time Kouzlo is attacked his anger grows inside him. A Vortex of Swirling flame builds up around him giving stack% chance to damage attacking units with perpendicular knockback. When activated the vortex drops and Kouzlo's stack level is reduced to 0. While dropped flame vortex is replaced with a flame pickup ability. Kouzlo cannot begin adding stack again until he picks up the vortex. Once picked up, flame vortex ability is returned with a stack of 0.

2: Mass Bloodlust (active area) (45 s cd) (avg to high mana) +15% attack speed for units in an area lasting 15 seconds. If a unit under the effects of mass bloodlust kills an enemy the effect starts over at 15 seconds for it. When a unit loses its buff, Kouzlo gains it for 10 seconds.

3: Breath of Soulburn (active target) (30 s cd) (avg to high mana) Target unit and (up to ability level) units around it are effected by a storm of soulburn. If any of said units have mana Kouzlo will steal a small amount (10+intelligence/2?), else Target is given soulburn (silenced, DoT, and reduced attack damage)

4: Charming Extinction (passive/switched active) (20 s cd) (avg to high mana) Whenever a nonhero unit dies to Kouzlo, its spirit is contained within his staff. the passive ability is switched to an active, which can be casted to summon a reincarnation of the killed unit for his own team. If after 10 seconds Kouzlo does not use the ability it is switched back to charming extinction, ready to trap another soul.

Ultimate: Rage (active) (300 s cd) (high mana) Kouzlo is silenced for 60 seconds. His attack speed is increased by (75+intelligence/10?)%; this effect is reduced every 3 seconds until the silence wears off. Channeled Strength does not cost mana during this time, however Kouzlo can only be ranged for the first 30 seconds. For the second 30 seconds Kouzlo feels dizzy and misses 45% of the time. When the silence wears off Kouzlo casts a powerful buff on himself that lasts up to 240 seconds (ends when rage cd is up):
A: Lifesteal: Kouzlo steals (intelligence/10)?% of each of the damage he deals.
B: Marathon Man: Kouzlo gets 522 movement speed whenever he's attacked with less than 25% hp.
C: Grasp: Attacking a unit with Channeled Strength enabled has a chance to pull it back towards Kouzlo.
D: Brilliance: Attacking at melee range adds (damage+intelligence)/2 mana to Kouzlo. Attacking with Channeled Strength enabled deals additional damage.

Talents:
Professional Wield: Kouzlo gains a chance to regain all mana spent on his staff after using Channeled Strength (average mana cost given back)
Violent Vortex: Knockback strength of Flame Vortex has a chance to be doubled.
Bloodlust Return: When Kouzlo gains bloodlust because of an allies loss of said buff, he has a chance to gain an additional 5% attack speed as well as the buff lasting 20 instead of 10 seconds.
Promisary Soulburn: Breath of Soulburn will soulburn enemies even if they do have mana.
Frightening Extinction: Units killed by charmed units from Charming Extinction trap souls for Kouzlo if Kouzlo doesn't already have a trapped soul.
Raging Dependence: The Attack Speed Buff Kouzlo receives wears down every 6 seconds instead of 3, But while coming down Kouzlo will miss 55% of attacks instead of 45.
I miss EotA :(

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Matt1965

Re: Tormented Ogre Magi

#2 Post by Matt1965 »

i like your innate, just a switch from melee to ranged. good micro potential

After you explained i do like the vortex its just confusing and weird...

Soulburn looks good except it seems unless u get that talent it sucks vs heroes and most units dont have mana.

Charmed extinction is another wierd spell. just doesnt seem worth the high mana cost for a simple footman or archer.

Rage is just cool.

wield.. just more mana back
violent vortex.. more kb
bloodlust return.. a buff of a buff :P
i like the soulburn one alot
extinction is ok? seems pointless when hed already almost always have a soul.
raging dependence is good.

overall a good hero. just a tad confusing...

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ditto what Matt said.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#4 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Now that you mention it I think charmed extinction isn't very good the way it is since it's only really good when people buy the good units like magnataur and such.

What if it had a chance to double the amount of returned units, and a smaller chance to triple them; then replace the talent with a talent that increases those chances?
I miss EotA :(

Matt1965
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Matt1965

#5 Post by Matt1965 »

Sounds like it would make the spell more usefull since you dont want to do any kind of stacking souls for better units deal.
i like it