Scalable Gold Reward for Hero Kills

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Unrest
Wanderer
Wanderer

Scalable Gold Reward for Hero Kills

#1 Post by Unrest »

I imagine this has probably been considered by Yak at some point, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

The gold reward for a hero kill is always a static 400g, regardless of difficulty. An early working theory of mine suggests that providing slight increases in this bounty, based on level difference of the affecting hero, might make sense.

For example:
Level 15 hero makes the killing blow on a level 20 hero.
Gold reward: 400g base + 25g/level greater (125g) = 525g.

Perhaps even a small crystal bonus to the affecting hero, like 1 crystal per level greater.

(These values are only an example).

However, I'm also more of a casual player--I absolutely love EotA, but I'm not a hardcore, clan-quality player that seeks to expose every nuance of the game, so I'm not qualified to determine how unbalanced that system may become for the elite (due to item/equipment combinations that may make it easier to kill certain heroes, despite a level difference, etc.). I simply play for fun, often with friends, but sometimes solo--almost always human vs. AI. (occasionally human vs. human).

Anyway, just an idea, as it seems appropriate based on my casual playing habits.

Thanks,

Unrest

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#2 Post by Hammel »

I dont think it is such a good idea because level doesnt say too much about the power of a certain hero. Some heroes kill tons of units and level faster (DW) or simply don't need to go heal/regain mana (Tact, TC) and level faster than hero killers that change lanes often or chase heroes (esp. mining inf). Those hero-killers can also wreak havoc on lower levels when played by someone skilles. When outleveled because a player is simply not good enough at EotA, he wont kill a higher-leveled pro anyways, when the pro watches out and doesnt suicide.

-Ham

Unrest
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Unrest »

Good point, Hammel.

Thanks for the response!

Unrest

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

I agree with h4m, some heroes just have retarted leveling potential, Dryad and Shaman come to mind.

PK heroes are also as a rule lower level, since they hero chase/ambush more often :p

But a Dryad or DW or Shaman or Tact, can kill jsut as easily as a PK hero when they have a huge level advantage, this is espcially true earlier on, at later levels not so much.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Hammel »

Sometimes you also get outleveled even though you play great, dunno how though. Really scary, and another reason against it.

-Ham

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Hammel wrote:Sometimes you also get outleveled even though you play great, dunno how though. Really scary, and another reason against it.

-Ham
That'll have a lot to do with gameplay style as well as EXP bonus from energy.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

I actualy intend to play with gold rewards from hero kills, but definatly not for 1.11, 1.12 is fairly likely. I just haven't decided exactly how, beyond ai's will give significantly less gold.

I'll probably redo the bounty from unit kills at the same time, if for no othe rreason but to make units stop having coins fall out of them whenever they die even if its to red/blue.

DarnYak

Ion
Communist

#8 Post by Ion »

I don't mind the idea. A lot of people are flabbergastered when facing a Level 32 at Level 20, and it happens surprisingly often in this day and age.

A gold rewards bonus for doing certain things wouldn't be bad. I know, it sounds painfully familiar, but I think DotA does Double/Triple kills right. Killing two heroes in one round is a difficult thing for most players. The problem is, some two-heroes are much easier to slaughter then another two (Ice Spinner and DS fall quite quickly in comparison to Gravel/Bane).

Building on the idea, I don't think it would be a terrible idea to impliment an income system into EotA. Every x seconds/minutes, EotA would tally up your unit kills, hero kills, building kills, if he wanted to include assists, blah blah blah. Since Bears and Dragon Hawks don't give you gold, it would be nice for if you killed them you got some recognition.

But I don't mind Unrest's idea. Might do with a bit o' Yak tinkering, but the idea of giving more gold for a hero-kill is something that would be gratifying to a lot of people (rank-based pk'ing systems ftw).
Ion.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by mianmian »

I like your more vague take on it Ion, taking in a lot of thigns to make a new value, like what heroes etc.. would make it more balanced IMO

BTW: No spawn tower uits give gold/XP, none, at all! :p
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Hammel »

That is because Yak doesnt want to give one team a bonus for something they don't have themselves (Spawn towers that is).

-Ham

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by Ocean.dll »

Yeah, I've played AoS's before where the worst thing the other team has done is built spawn towers to fight me because I get gold and exp from the kills.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China