Test versions public ?

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Konnar
Regular
Regular

Test versions public ?

#1 Post by Konnar »

Hey people its me the whore :D
Just a suggestion, how about making test versions public ? Given most of the games hosted pubicly are by members of this community anyways, and the map needs an update, badly. With so much new content, isn't it worth the 1.11 name ? It's just a number, its not like ninjas are going to flip out and make your computer commit seppuku once you release 1.11 haha

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by mianmian »

Because releasing a version as buggy as test6, gives a really bad impression to the public. Half the skills dont work in test6, and there;s no balance on UD

I know we all want to play test6 and UD, but there are reasons :P

Some pubbies, well, channel regulars got to play test6 :)
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#3 Post by Hammel »

I suppose we found most bugs, T7 will show the ones we didnt have yet, or Yak didnt fix properly (and the ones we didnt post), and then there MIGHT be a T8, showing everything works fine, and then the pubs can play the full release. I mean we got it all now, and one week more or less won't save/kill the pubbies.

While we know that it is just a test-map, downloading pubbies will not know it and never play that bugged map agian, as mian pointed out.

-Ham

Ion
Communist

#4 Post by Ion »

We should at some point release a test because that'll get more people playing again.

Would stir everyone up to start up Test7 and find the Undead on their team. I was quite shocked when it happened to me, let alone a pubby who'd been considering playing the Inf. or that "wolf-guy" for the zillionth. time today.

Or maybe they'd even be dissapointed they couldn't play the Warden. =(
Ion.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

Ya, I know, I remember that game, our whole team was like OMFG, YAK! WTF OMFG

Then a few minutes later the other team was like OMFG YAK!, WTF OMFG!

And Yak was like... lol @ u nubs :p
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Hammel »

Don't forget Dek's sig, 1 day before T6 ^^. And yeah, pubbies would be scared if I come as Nephi and own their asses :/ Well, now they've got a reason to be pissed, so why not?

-Ham

Furion
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Furion »

attract them with 1.10 it has enough content with obelisks spawn towers and heros to keep some, who is new to the map busy for a while....
so they can get he new stuff some weeks later

if they play a test version they wont mention whats new, because they dont know what was there before and what not

also it happened to me that some pubby asked me what an old version (played 1.10) this is, heros dont even have talents
Ya, I know, I remember that game, our whole team was like OMFG, YAK! WTF OMFG

Then a few minutes later the other team was like OMFG YAK!, WTF OMFG!

And Yak was like... lol @ u nubs :p
i dont have to understand that, do i?
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by mianmian »

dont have to understand that, do i?
no, you dont :p

People rarely do anyway :p

What I would do to see the smug look on Yaks face while we were loading :p
-Lithium flower

Furion
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Furion »

hum why?
what did he do to you?
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

He didn't exactly tell us that UD was a valid race.
He didn't exactly tell us that a certain hero had half his abilties broken(or didn't know)

[quote=mianmian]Because releasing a version as buggy as test6, gives a really bad impression to the public. Half the skills dont work in test6, and there;s no balance on UD

I know we all want to play test6 and UD, but there are reasons

Some pubbies, well, channel regulars got to play test6 [/quote]
I fully agree.

To releasing T6 public, if you hang around the channel long enough or join the clan, we could trust you with the map, but believe me, releasing so a buggy map as T6 would give EotA a very bad impression.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Hrm. Any chance on the UD spawns changing stats for the actual release? If not, I gotta become a channel regular and get my hands on T6 so I can complete my (mentioned in the web page area) Spawn Tower unit guide.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Hammel »

Since UD spawns still need to be balanced, releasing the stats wouldnt be too good imo, also they don't have talents atm.

Just this much:

Tank: Abomination
Ranged: Fire Spawn
Caster: Umm... Void Walker (called Lost Soul)
Siege: Meat Wagon
Air: Frost Wyrm
Special: Ghasts (spawn Zombies when unit is killed short after their attack...), also they got some tanking powers (1200 hp), apart from the massing zombies. Dunno whether zombies also give "Zombie Disease"

-Ham

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Right, which is why I asked. :?
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Hammel »

Btw: the ghasts are large blue zombies, the zombie-spawns are smaller and have the normal zombie model, brown and stuff.

-Ham

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

Hammel wrote:Dunno whether zombies also give "Zombie Disease"
They do

DarnYak

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Hammel »

Atm I am wondering... can you dispel zombies (like Arach spawns and pets)? If yes: LOL... TC is going to use the ghasts against the enemy heroes... want to see a 1 minute Slowing Blade? (together with Ebb she can hit again and again)... LOL. You just have to dispel 20 zombies...

No, seriously, is it possible?

Ohh, and before I forget it: AoE buffs/debuffs are a great target to dispell because the effect may be huge (see above, or think of Treant creating 20 faeries through that), whereas some summons (Mind Fog, Mana Surge, Mana Storm, etc.) nearly don't give anything at all... 4 seconds of slowing blade? Useless. Can you change that somehow? And along with that, decrease the power of dispells? (in case you keep them at all)

-Ham

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Eh, on the buff/debuff topic, The dispels'd really, really screw the buff-er over, since they remove only POSITIVE buffs, leaving the negative ones. Think of the DW, making a longer-lasting Fire Golem (Or Treant and A bunch o' fairies, w/e) against weakened troops.

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Hammel »

Well, Dispels remove negative buffs from allies... ^^ So they also hurt debuffers and summoners (of course)

Ohh, and the amount of buffs removed only changes the duration of the Fire Elemental, not the power ;) Power is done via skill level. And the Elemental ist strong enough to take out a whole army, it is more like some support.

Same for Treant, just that the amount of faeries changes, power via level. But since they deal magic damage, most buffs won't make them more powerful. Just like the Elemental, they are too weak themselves.

AC Dispel: No additional effect on summons, on other units it is ruinatious, -18 armor on level 6... together with units that is powerful, but AC should be able to kill them by herself, too... think of Gale and Tangleweed.

TC Dispel: Power via skill level, Duration of the Blade via amount of buffs/units killed/removed, slow duration set... well, not much to say about it. It is fun to catch a (de+)buffing gravel with this, Ebb and Degen on Level 6 with mass int/evoc damage... GG Grav. He is slow anyways and double-slowed, he will get owned by Degen.

-Ham