Hero Idea - High Inquisitor

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

Hero Idea - High Inquisitor

#1 Post by Setokaiva »

Xvareon

Xvareon is a very powerful demon who holds the rank of High Inquisitor among the ranks of the Fel Horde. He guides the demon hordes on numerous massacres throughout many worlds, purging all who are unclean in the eyes of Deinnov.

Model: Eredar Warlock/Archimonde
Strength - Medium-High
Agility - Low-Medium
Intelligence (Primary) - Medium-High

Innate - Bloodpact
Enchantment

The hero casts a simple but potent incantation on a target unit. If it is an enemy, Xvareon will charm it, making it follow him around and do his bidding. Limit of 3 x 0.1 level. If it is an allied unit, it is sacrificed, healing Xvareon for 105 x 27 level.
Talent: Demonic Embrace - Charmed units have a 15-30-45% chance to receive a beneficial mutation and become a Chaos creature. Units so enchanted receive a bonus of +5 Damage x 0.1 Strength, and their skin hardens for a bonus of +3 Armor x 0.4 Agility.

Spire of Sorrow
Conjuration

Xvareon raises a small obelisk from the ground in the target area. This obelisk will periodically summon tormented spirits that fly around, attacking random units for 23/35/43/51/60/72 damage each. After 2 attacks, the spirits disappear. The Spire has a spirit limit of 4/6/8/10/12/14 x0.3 Level.

Doombolt
Evocation

With some effort, the hero condenses a large amount of volatile energy into the form of a bolt or arrow, then hurls it at his intended target. Due to the nature of the projectile, it can only be thrown at short range - 300. Upon impact the target is damaged for 130/185/245/295/340/400 x1.8 Intelligence. The volatile energy violently explodes on contact, dealing half the normal damage it would normally do to units around the target.
Talent: Cohesion - The hero gains greater control over his Doombolts, allowing him to throw them from further distances without losing its potency. Increases the range of Doombolt by 100-200-300-400 per upgrade.

Dark Sphere
Abjuration

Xvareon calls upon the darkness that is his home to manifest itself around a target friendly hero. While in effect, Dark Sphere will grant 4-7-10-13-16-19% Magic resistance as well as refunding 8/12/16/20/24/28% of the mana used to cast spells.

Eldritch Symbol
Conjuration

Everywhere the Fel Horde goes, they leave a mark; whether it be a charred, blackened wasteland with blood-red skies, or a simple, diabolic rune on the ground. Xvareon has perfected this means of marking worlds and territories for future conquest. This spell plants a blood-red symbol on the ground, a reminder of the fate awaiting all who oppose him. This symbol will taint the ground around it, giving 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5/4 x 0.1 Strength HP regeneration to all friendlies nearby, and enhances Evocation damage done by allies around it by 2/3/4/5/6/7 x0.1 Level.
Talent: Black Omen - This mark is both a beacon of hope for Xvareon's allies and a symbol of doom for his enemies. Adds an aura that drains 1 x0.1 Level mana from enemies around it and gives it to the Symbol. The Symbol can then use this mana to power an aura that drains health from nearby enemy units. The symbol has 300 x7.2 Strength max mana; every 30 points of mana, adds 0.8 HP Drain.

=Genocide=
Enchantment
Channeled

Xvareon is High Inquisitor of the Fel Horde, who leads them on immunerable massacres across the universe. His power is absolute and his charisma undeniable. This spell, as long as its channeled, grants the following benefits to allied units in the area;
For every second channeled;
+0.4/0.6/0.8/1 damage
+0.5/0.7/0.9/1 armor
+1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.0% Attackspeed
+2/2.4/2.8/3.2/3.6% Movement speed
Lasts 30/35/40/45 x 1.0 Level seconds.
Talent: Indomitable Will - Xvareon has learned that even the greatest of hordes can be crushed by the parlor tricks of a wizard, so he has developed a way to permeate his allies with a mysterious substance that slightly nullifies the affects of magic. adds +1% magic resistance per second channeled.

And there you have it. One more idea for a Fel horde hero. feel free to critique all you like; i just hope i didn't do too badly on this :wink:

EDIT: Tweaked Bloodpact text.
EDIT: Redid Dark Sphere.
Last edited by Setokaiva on June 23rd, 2009, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Hero Idea - High Inquisitor

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I really like this hero, very unique and interesting. I take it this hero falls under the category of a pusher/sieger type?

A few thoughts though...

Overall, this hero reminds me alot of the Lich, several of Xvarean's abilities preform similar stuff. Not a bad thing per say, every faction has a "universal?" hero. Anyways, spire of sorrow is probably your weakest spell. I would switch it with your ult and possibly replace it with a new one? Something along the lines of AoE or a unique ability that will really stand out. Again, Xvarean shares similarities with the Lich and even AM, maybe tweak the spells slightly and give him his own edge.

Maybe change the stats as well? they also mimic Incarnation's?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

I'm not trying to mimic the Lich. Rend Soul was a somewhat situational ability that killed a target unit in one shot, and ONLY if he had Mark of the Reaper on him would the damage spill over. Doombolt gets past that weakness but has much lower range; hence the need for an above average strength score to stay alive. Anyways, you might have something there; we could swap the Spire for Genocide. Either that or make a completely new ability; Let me know if you come up with anything.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by CryptLord1234 »

. . .I really don't see as to how this guy mimics the Lich. Rend Soul kills, Doombolt doesn't (Well, not all the time.) Rend Soul sometimes has an AoE effect, Doombolt always does. I could see attaching some kind of debuff to the Doombolt thing, just to secure it as a little more unique, but I think it's fine.

Spire of Sorrow does seem to be one of the weaker spells, but I don't think it needs replacing. Perhaps have it so that when a spirit dies, it makes a small explosion which deals damage or drains mana? Perhaps have nearby units that die instantly create a spirit for the obelisk? Or maybe give it an aura that hurts enemy units and/or heroes or helps allied units and/or heroes?

As for the whole stats-mimicking-another-hero thing, forget about it. When you're being as general as you are, you're going to end up similar to another hero.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Darkblade[RotN]

#5 Post by Darkblade »

Well, he and Lich are at least similar in that both can roflpwn Plight's Aberrations.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Setokaiva »

Indeed, the Lich is pretty much Plight's counter, and Plight is Time Clerics counter; or so i say anyway, after playing a game as TC vs. Plight. Massacre. Anyways, I like the idea of Spire of Sorrow turning dead units into spirits, but that seems a bit too similar to Dark Altar. I'll think of something, unless you do it first.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by mianmian »

TC dominates Plight. Ebb makes him move at near 0 speed. Her heal out heals most of his DPS and hes slow so its hard to escape Degen.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Setokaiva wrote:. . .I'll think of something, unless you do it first.
I just sit here and put ideas on the table; it's up to you to finalize it, it's your hero.

That having been said, the best alternative I see is having it so that when each spirit dies, it does a small AoE; doesn't need to do damage, but I think reducing the mana of enemy units hit, or possible a temporary attack power reduction, would very fit the idea of the "Spire of Sorrow" quite nicely.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Setokaiva »

The idea behind "Spire of Sorrow" is that Xvareon raises an obelisk from the ground, trapped within are countless souls who have died by violence; and any soul that dies by violence carries with it the anguish of its final moments. He can release them to attack enemies at will. Your idea seems interesting, but I still think the Spire needs to do damage of some kind, though... I'll keep thinking on it.

As for TC dominating Plight... No. Plight can just Shimmer or Stonegaze at any time to break her Degeneration or Echo, and she can barely do squat against the mega creeps that Plight keeps making. Plus, Plight doesn't have any debuffs or summons for Expire to dispel, making that useless. She can't Phase him either, because hes flying. As for Rapid Healing, its only prolonging the inevitable; Plight can outlast and outgun TC any day, as long as whoever is playing him is smart. I guess the same could be said for TC though in some cases.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#10 Post by Kalrithus »

Ebb is one of the better skills in the game, abbed units under the effects of ebb attack so slowly their hardly worth mentioning, also you can begin channeling while he's casting his ultimate, forcing him to break it off or take lots of damage, Its not difficult you just have to understand how to play her.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Setokaiva »

If the opportunity to attack Plight with TC is that situational, I'll stick with Lich.

Seriously. Plight just has too many ways to get out of TC's channel spells. He can dive to grab her, use shimmer to break them, stonegaze her to stop them, and all the time whittling away at her health and mana with big creeps and Terra Smash. Ebb is good but hardly worth worrying about because TC has absolutely NO significant killing power against anything BUT heroes. She is strictly support. If TC was laned with someone else against plight, then definitely, but not 1 on 1. No. Plight has too much of an advantage, and 3 channel-breakers to her 2 channel spells.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM