Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

New Fountain Locations (Stormwail)

#1 Post by Rockness »

I didn't see another thread about these so I figured I would get it going.

I liked the fountains better when they were near the middle outposts for several reasons:

Firstly, when a middle outpost is being sieged, it is no longer an effective way to heal, the next closest spot used to be the fountain, now it's about twice as far, this can be highly detrimental when the enemy is pushing and you need to re-up & get back in the fight quickly.
Secondly, after a middle outpost is gone the side which has it pushed gains the benefit of a fountain closer to the main enemy base, I liked it this way, a proper reward for winning the longest lane in my opinion.
Thirdly, there are already fountains in the hills (by the north/south obelisks) which are fairly close to the north/rock or the south/inn.
Lastly, the fountains being so close to the inn/rock outposts are a detriment to defenders who have enemies healing up at their doorstep while the defenders are unable to do the same due to enemy proximity, otherwise they have it pushed to where the south or north fountain is roughly the same distance from the fight.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: New Fountain Locations (Stormwail)

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I agree, move the fountains back to where they were.

To be honest though, I really don't care too much either way, but meh, since were making a thread on it thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#3 Post by Kalrithus »

Other Thread at
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1258
Or in Next Version, you'll see it if you look.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

I would merge it but I think this is a big enough deal to get its own thread in balance.
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Noone else agrees?

DarnYak

Casval
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Casval

#6 Post by Casval »

I like the new locations. They're somewhat obscure, which is nice. I find that it's fairly easy to get two workers there and set up two towers and a siege gen before anyone realizes what's going on. The old locations were just a bit too much out of the way, especially since you had to go up a winding path to get there.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by mianmian »

I miss the old locations, I used them all the time. They were easy to get to from the side-mid paths. The new ones aren't that bad however. I'm still undecided about my final decision though.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

I still haven't used them yet, and I barely used the old ones. I don't know
[Reaper]

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#9 Post by Discombobulator »

I like them.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Strychnyne »

I miss the old ones, I frequent them as Swash. Anyone who can move around the terrain should get some fine use. It's a great place to chace a hero to from Inn and get a kill. I'm not usually up for putting stuff back exactly where it came from (usually the change has a really good reason for it), but I vote put 'em back.

Casval
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Casval

#11 Post by Casval »

Shifting the subject slightly, i find that the north/south fountains are now becoming a hassle. Because of the addition of north/south obelisks, fighting over them is quite annoying. Often an enemy will go and beat on an OCT, then walk 5 seconds to the fountain and heal up. This is made even worse if it's a flying hero that doesn't need to cross a river or cliff. I can't see any real advantages to having the fountain so close to the obelisk other than prolonged obelisk fights, which deprive both parties of experience.

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Darkblade[RotN]

#12 Post by Darkblade »

I'd also like to echo the previous statement that they are really really useful to enemies assaulting the bases just past them. You're stuck in your base defending and they get to go heal up and keep coming at you.