Change Race selection

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Change Race selection

#1 Post by Perhaps »

Yes yes, I know it can be annoying to shift initial triggers that effect the long run things to be decided later on, but you got the buffer of already having in-game voting to squeeze it into.

Anyways, most will say "well the reason you're saying this, is because you can't figure out how to make it so players can choose their race in the lobby," well that is true in a way, but it's not the only reason, it's "tip of the iceburg" or "the straw that broke the camel's back" whichever analogy you prefer.

I had actually considered bringing it up before, just for some reason haven't. The original reason for suggesting in-game selection of race, is because explaining to people how the race selection is actually a race voting system, explaining that it takes more votes of a race kind than any other race kind and having more than the other team of that race kind, with on top of that when random applies (like tie for the same race). This way people KNOW that the vote is actually working via a display and actually seeing the options for voting.

With all kinds of things being added and modes or whatnot, having in-game race selection would offer having more than four factions (unlikely, but you never know, Fel Horde happened).

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Change Race selection

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

If it were possible, I wouldn't be opposed. The only thing I would worry about is extra work it would take re-triggering.

: )
- Luftwaffles

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by CryptLord1234 »

It does sound like a bit of a hassle, but I would support changing it to an in-game vote.

However, I do wonder about what would be worse: People leaving their race choice as random, and eventually learning they can influence it, or pretty much everybody new saying, "What's this race do? What does that race do? What's the difference? Should I choose Elven Battalion / United Creeps / Fel Orcs / Grim Brigade?"
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Rockness
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Rockness
Ignastio

#4 Post by Rockness »

I like this idea, can't be any worse than people not knowing which map to pick.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by mianmian »

I dislike this. It only seems to be a problem on the bots.

I don't think we really need another menu or another vote. Enough pubs and people bitch about waiting for the game to start as it is.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower