Emberwraith

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
mianmian
Addict
Addict

Emberwraith

#1 Post by mianmian »

Alright, this is just something I'm throwing out there.

Emberwraith without Pyroclasm can't do a whole lot. I wanted to try the build, mostly I just stalled lanes (Flare) until Corona came up and then I could push.

Most heroes have multiple good usefull skills that allow multiple builds. Ember however seems to have 1 required skill (Pyro) and a bunch of good supporting skills.

Any way this could be shook up? Maybe a slight revamp like TC and Grav?
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Emberwraith

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I have agree here, Ember can be quite frustrating?

Usually I max Cuaterize and Pyro, nuking any buffing heros while pushing like he does so well. Alternative move is maxing Flare, in which case I stack dmg and melee most things. Its in those cases I find him to be lacking...
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

Emberwraith is a strength based caster hero with short range, so he'll have to fight more like a warrior than a caster. the upside is that he has a lot more health than a typical caster does. Emberwraith lacks hero killing power, as his Pyroclasm is easily dodgeable and you can just close in with him to negate his Corona. Ember needs someone else to kill heroes for him while hes out obliterating spawns and towers with his heavy damage spells. He can help kill heroes as long as someone is around to provide the damage, but the only way i could see him actually making a kill is simply attacking; he has a high damage to begin with, and weapon upgrades at the altar raise it considerably. On the other hand, though, if you can get flare high enough its usually enough time stunned to cast a Pyroclasm or get close.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by mianmian »

Setokaiva wrote:Emberwraith is a strength based caster hero with short range, so he'll have to fight more like a warrior than a caster. the upside is that he has a lot more health than a typical caster does. Emberwraith lacks hero killing power, as his Pyroclasm is easily dodgeable and you can just close in with him to negate his Corona. Ember needs someone else to kill heroes for him while hes out obliterating spawns and towers with his heavy damage spells. He can help kill heroes as long as someone is around to provide the damage, but the only way i could see him actually making a kill is simply attacking; he has a high damage to begin with, and weapon upgrades at the altar raise it considerably. On the other hand, though, if you can get flare high enough its usually enough time stunned to cast a Pyroclasm or get close.
Your missing the point of my post :p

The point was that without Pyroclasm, Ember doesn't really have a whole lot going for him (just Hold and Corona). This kinda pigeon holes him into gettting Pyro and your choice of support skill. It makes playing him less interesting since your basically always going to have to take the same build to be effective.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

The point was that without Pyroclasm, Ember doesn't really have a whole lot going for him (just Hold and Corona). This kinda pigeon holes him into gettting Pyro and your choice of support skill. It makes playing him less interesting since your basically always going to have to take the same build to be effective.
Couldn't have said it better myself

And as for killing heroes? Meh, if your against alot of buffs he becomes scary or with a heavy dmg build and flare. Those are, however, hugely situational games, and for the most part, as main stated, Ember is quite pigeon held by a certain build.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#6 Post by Setokaiva »

Pyroclasm is worthless to get in the start, because of its inferior damage, not to mention 6 seconds spent channeling where your a sitting duck. Pyroclasm only starts getting useful in the later levels, especially when you learn the Molten Rage talent to cut casting time by up to 1.5 seconds. I always take Smolder as a starter and use it to help my wave and myself while I just use auto attack to last hit. My point is, Emberwraith only becomes dangerous later on -- he can become dangerous as a support hero killer far sooner, however.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM