Talent Suggestions (Ion's)

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Talent Suggestions (Ion's)

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

I have a head-cold and nothing else to do so don't hate by my many posts -.- Played some heroes recently (all Elven Batallion) and thought of some talent ideas I'd put up for criticism. Feel free to bash away (these are suggestions remember though not demands).

Arcane Archer
- Regenerate: (Summon Familiar): "Gives AA's Familiar an auto-cast Heal spell which prioritizes the AA. This would be a high cost spell and could be upgraded 2-3 times perhaps. You could restrict it to only being available if Summon Familiar is levelled up to Level 4." This is because while the AA has Ethereal Heal (and can heal her Fam) Fam cannot heal AA.
- Spellbind: (Summon Familiar): "Gives the Familiar passive spell resistance, intended for multiple upgrades." Fam often gets targeted for spells because she'll destroy the AA when it dies, but a small amount of bonus spell resistance would just be a nice bonus for an aggressive AA. Also increases the value of the talent that directs damage to the Fam from the AA (which is already not bad).
- Deep Freeze (Ice Wall): "Gives a % chance that when attacked by a melee unit, the unit will be frozen for (x seconds for units, y seconds for heroes) and take damage over time. I was thinking maybe 2-3 upgrades."

Blazing Priest
- Purging Fire (Flame of the Devout): "Makes it so that units who enter within a short distance of the Flame of the Devout either: a) Take damage over time or b) Have a % chance per second spent in range to catch on fire and then take damage over the time (which looks cooler in my head)." The Blazing Priest doesn't need more damage but it would be good for a more aggressive BP playstyle.

Infiltrator
- Set Us Up the Bomb (Drop Mine (or w/e)): I was thinking this would give the Infiltrator an activatable item in her inventory. When actived, the item changes her Mine skill so it reduces the cooldown by x (intended to make the cooldown really fast). When de-activated brings back the normal skill. The drawback is that when she uses the item, there is a % chance the Mines will be duds (cause she didn't take the time to place them properly), meaning they don't go off, go off on a really long delay, etc. If the item was destroyed, it could perhaps be bought back through a command or something, or it would become available at shop, would appear at her altar at base, etc. This would come with a compliment talent below.
- Goblin-crafted Mines: Decreases the % chance that a Mine will be a dud when dropped while using under the effects of the item in Set Us Up the Bomb.

The point of these two talents are a high-risk/high-reward scenario. Obviously, the chance of getting a dud mine should be pretty high (even with talent upgrades) and the point of the spell is to basically rather then strategically placing mines properly, you just throw them out everywhere and hope (and perhaps it works out).

All for now : |
- Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Talent Suggestions (Ion's)

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

bump
- Luftwaffles

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

I like all of them!

And yes, BP needs something in the way of dmg.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#4 Post by Discombobulator »

derp
I'm this forum's MVP.

ayn-m00k
Wanderer
Wanderer