Moderator: Mills

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Some concerns...

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

So it has come to my attention that certain hereos need either a) a boost in love b) a nerf in love, or c) some revamping, which I guess could be a combo of both.

My concerns include:

AM] First off, I have never been fond of this hero, except maybe in the old versions when her ethereal was overpowered. Now, it's meh, nothing special.
BP] He needs something more...basically the same argument as with the AM, though for seiging their is no one better.
Dryad] I hate this hero, she, imo, has nothing special to offer. Again, my cents.
Tyrant] eh, overall, well-balanced, though his shield is too powerful. A slight nerf needed. Even the AI is ridiculously hard to kill with just a skill orb and mana helm. With a tank build, this could easily get out of hand.
Oracle] Too week and limited.
Bane] A increase to Cuastic Breath is needed. Bane is severely lacking currently.
Harpy Queen] Swoop too powerful.
Defiler] Life drainwhatever too powerful. Ridiculous against strength heroes, and against harp is laughable.
TC] some form of either AoE or dmg dealing, to fight spawn.
Gravel] Animation talent deadly. Needs a nerf.

...hmm, think that's it for now, maybe a few more later.

Please post your own concerns, that way we can get a general consensus on which hereos need the nerf hammer. :P
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Ion
Communist

Re: Some concerns...

#2 Post by Ion »

AM] First off, I have never been fond of this hero, except maybe in the old versions when her ethereal was overpowered. Now, it's meh, nothing special.
BP] He needs something more...basically the same argument as with the AM, though for seiging their is no one better.
Dryad] I hate this hero, she, imo, has nothing special to offer. Again, my cents.
Tyrant] eh, overall, well-balanced, though his shield is too powerful. A slight nerf needed. Even the AI is ridiculously hard to kill with just a skill orb and mana helm. With a tank build, this could easily get out of hand.
Oracle] Too week and limited.
Bane] A increase to Cuastic Breath is needed. Bane is severely lacking currently.
Harpy Queen] Swoop too powerful.
Defiler] Life drainwhatever too powerful. Ridiculous against strength heroes, and against harp is laughable.
TC] some form of either AoE or dmg dealing, to fight spawn.
Gravel] Animation talent deadly. Needs a nerf.
I am bored, just got home and am tanked and not going to sleep for some time, so unfortunately I'm going to respond.

BP) Too long for this thread.
AC) Dryad kicks ass. You play mostly a PK style of game, something she lacks, but if you played online with us more you'd shift her stance. She has some great skills but does not rip shit apart like other heroes.
GT) There are other heroes (Plight, Neph and RK) which are much scarier then he is, I don't really think he's that bad.
Naga) She just has no health and Nemesis is underused (cause it's boring and doesn't do much anyway)
Bane) I don't think Caustic Breath needs a buff up unless it's a really small amount of range (like +50). I stand by what I said before, that a point-target Charge + Trample embedded in it would fix any AoE misgivings about Bane.
Def) Everyone knows his drain is ridix I think it's getting fixed.
TC) Yes. A revamp plz.
Gravel) Yes, but Gravel being OP'd in sieging also has a lot to do with the game mechanics in EotA and WC3 as it does some of the hilarious numbers in HotM.
Ion.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#3 Post by Kalrithus »

Ok here goes >>

[AM] - Fine, great all around hero with plenty of anti creep/tower/ and hero abilities (No changes needed imo)
[BP] - Backfire could use a serious buff or reworking, frankly there isn't enough to the ability that makes it truly worth taking over his other abilities.
[AC\aka Dryad] - An amazing hero who borders on OP =)
[GT] - Crystallized Mana talent giving far far more than you intended can make him immortal if you aren't quick enough, shield may have slightly too much HP at later levels, most of his abilities are frankly solid and good so no changes other than the tweaking mentioned before.
[HO] - I like her personally, build her for HP and she is amazing at lane support and pushing, Her ultimate being one of my favorites in the game. Also her debuff is probably one of the best, if not the best, anti-hero debuffs around.
[AR] - Bane is a monster built properly, only thing I can think of to help him is to increase the AoE on Acid Sheath because it won't even damage units in his melee range at times.
[GH] - Maybe increase the cooldown on Backlash, honestly have more issues with this than I do swoop since you can dodge swoop and depending on where you are at can get the GH to kill herself on creeps or towers.
[Defiler] - I personally don't mind this hero though he will probably get an overhaul, possibly increase cooldown on DP, If the enemy hero is a dispeller his damage is relegated to minimum unless hes maxxed out pestilence, even then his low HP makes him a prime target for hero killers. Overall fine imo
[TC] - Personally love this hero though the dispell I guess could be reworked, temporal blade + ebb makes a hero stupidly slow, great for siege support and defense.
[Colossus] - IMO needs nerfs, first to HotM which pretty much makes mobs 5-10x stronger than they would be normally and if there is no dispeller in the row makes them unstoppable. Next Shardlings are incredibly OP (imo) especially if Gravel has invested some crystal into armor and attack upgrades, these + HotM lead to a dead base quicklike.

Just a quick note of the heroes aformentioned

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#4 Post by Leek »

My opinion.

[AM] - Fine
[BP] - Backfire is being replaced, so until that's done, should be good. Phoenix's are getting leashed, so no problems there ether.
[ Dryad] - This hero is great, I'm sorry you don't know how to play her Dark.
[GT] - Pretty good, Cataclysm/Icy/Frozen are all pwn. If he gets his ult off its basically GG base. Shatter blows IMO, but that's more due to the hero (size, speed, etc) then the skill itself.
[Naga] - Decent hero, needs survivability (her heal isn't that good survivability) and she needs a really good escape move. Replace Elementals, they suck and are boring. The rest is good. Maybe some more talents? Ki and Innate are both 3rd rate skills to make it more interesting.
[AR] - Bane is a good hero, breath is fucking good, the damage is stupid. Good size too.
[Harpy] - Backlash needs a duration nerf IMO, maybe a CD one too. It's too damn good at denying heroes for 0 skill required. Fix swoop then she's good.
[Defiler] - Remove DP, the rest is good.
[TC] - Pwn hero if you know what your doing. Degen is a great PK move or fuck off skill. Usually I don't get it, heal+ebb = amazing pusher/sieger. Needs MOAR mana IMO.
[Colossus] - HotM needs a big nerf, Crumble needs to be buffed a lot (AoE, duration, -armor) or replaced. His ult isn't bad, but I rarely get it. Tremor is fucking amazing, maybe whip up a new graphic instead of a new skill. Less QQ'ing about the tremor graphic though, IMO. Rockslide is pwn.

That's about it.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

This hero is great, I'm sorry you don't know how to play her Dark.
Insults aren't needed, Leek. And it maybe the fact that I find her rather bland then her skills per say.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Yeah, his manners sure are low. He should have colored it blue.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Yeah, his manners sure are low. He should have colored it blue.
Or not posted it in the first place. :shock:

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#8 Post by Leek »

It wasn't meant as an insult, from reading your posts it seemed like you didn't know how to properly take advantage of dryads skills. And you have complained about her sucking/being underpowered.

Her skills aren't that bland IMO, a aoe knockback means some good placement, traps. NOthing like neph but not bland IMO.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Mills »

I am going to have to agree with Dark here, Dryad is a fairly weak hero. She needs some major buffs.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Kalrithus »

You are evil Tox... So evil

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by DarkNemesis »

He's just right =)

Mills
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Mills »

DarkNemesis wrote:He's just right =)
I always am.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

Hehehe

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#14 Post by Reaper »

damn it tox quit encouraging this shit
[Reaper]

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#15 Post by BustroQuick »

it's just so entertaining

Mills
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Mills »

Reaper wrote:damn it tox quit encouraging this shit
Encouraging what?

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by DarkNemesis »

The fact that dryad is atm sucky, perhaps?

Mills
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Mills »

DarkNemesis wrote:The fact that dryad is atm sucky, perhaps?
I can't wait until she gets buffed, might actually be fun to play then.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by DarkNemesis »

ToXiK wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:The fact that dryad is atm sucky, perhaps?
I can't wait until she gets buffed, might actually be fun to play then.
Mmhmm...

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#20 Post by BustroQuick »

I've heard rumors that Yak is going to make her into another flying hero actually

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Kalrithus »

That would be so uber 1337 Hax0r R0X0Rs Y0uR B0x0Rs DUDE!

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#22 Post by Tehw00tz »

I heard rumors that Yak is going to turn into a pterodactyl and fly off into the sunset so he doesn't have to deal with his shit.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:I heard rumors that Yak is going to turn into a pterodactyl and fly off into the sunset so he doesn't have to deal with his shit.
Lol, just lol...

And why would Yak make Dryad into a flying hero? The Elves need the flyer. Too, whenever there seems to be a rumor "flying" around, Yak always seems to slam it down quickly. So it seems unlikely, though I wouldn't mind seeing another flyer, for Elves or Orcs though! To keep balance!

Still....a perfect flying hero for the elves would be a druid-type hero, with a hawk or eagle shifting capability, now that would be imba, and imo, the coolest addition to EotA since Neph.

Casval
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Casval

#24 Post by Casval »

Might as well make the Glacial Tyrant fly. It has wings, after all. GOGO FLYING 5K HP AOE CASTER TANK

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by DarkNemesis »

Casval wrote:Might as well make the Glacial Tyrant fly. It has wings, after all. GOGO FLYING 5K HP AOE CASTER TANK
So hilarious