Lysarna Darkweaver--Shadow Cleric [Fel Orcs]

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Lysarna Darkweaver--Shadow Cleric [Fel Orcs]

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Since Ghim kinda bit the dust I thought I'd try another one. Too, with all the rejects and even feedback, I'm hoping to score a hit here. And the Orcs need more heros!

Lysarna Darkweaver
Shadow Cleric

Faction: Fel Orcs

Stats
Strength 20 (2.40)
Int 24 (2.35)
Agi 15 (1.7)

Attack 45-53
Armor 16

[Innate] Expose
Stuns a target enemy hero based upon their current health, applying a MS reduction to DC as well. 25% HP and under; 3 sec stun/-35% MS decrease; 35% HP and under 2 sec stun/-25% MS decrease; 50% HP and under 1 sec stun/ -15 MS decrease.
[Talent] Time will tell
Reduces the MS reduction from Expose by 2% (3 upgrades) and applies and small (Str) DoT to heros OVER 50% health. Dealing x (Str) dmg per sec for 12 sec. Units UNDER 50% health are not affected.

Inversed Healing
Feeds off of the weakness of other heros, returning x (Int) health over 15 sec to the hero based upon their current health. Enemy heros with less HP heal more over a slower amount of time, while ones with higher current health return less at a quicker regen rate.
[Talent] Corruption
Takes x percent of IH and applies it as a DoT to the enemy heros, dmging them for the healed amount of that time. DoT does not alter based upon healing potency, and deals the standard amount of dmg over the applied time.

Dark Cohesion
Places a debuff on a target enemy hero, reducing attack, armor and Int by x%. While affected, any dmg dealt to that hero will be spread out in an AoE, dmging nearby units. Also removes any buffs and healing effect applied. If cast on Lysarna, creates a wall of energy that soaks (small) dmg and converts it into mana for the hero, as well as granting Lysarna 20 armor for x sec.

Unreserved Mystification
If attacked, takes x percent of the dmg dealt and returns it as health, but steals MS equal to x% of the total health restored. For example, if nuked by Scarab for 700 dmg, returns say 350 as health and steals 10% of the health returned and applies it to current MS. 350/10=35. -35% MS reduction.

Ultimate Shift
Allows Lysarna to shift dimensions, traveling from Agi to Str to Int at her fancy. Gains 15% increase to evo spells and a 200% mana regen with Int-shift. Gains 25% increased MS and AS while in Agi-shift, as well as 20 additional armor, and 15% spell dmg reduction, 200 hp, and a 6 HP regen while in Str-shift. Cost x mana per cycle, lasts y sec.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on April 22nd, 2009, 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Lysarna Darkweaver--Shadow Cleric [Fel Orcs]

#2 Post by Dekar »

Why would you want to heal enemy heroes?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Waki_Miko »

DarkNemesis wrote:Faction: Fel Orcs
DarkNemesis wrote:Killed during one of the epic battle, she was later raised from the dead to fight for the scourge. Now she serves them with the utmost cunning and treachery, inverting and twisting the once righteous craft she was taught into dark magics.
So, which is it?

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Why would you want to heal enemy heroes?
Please quote where I said this.
So, which is it?
You obviously read the history, so that should be apparent. Fel Orcs. You'll notice I said "Killed and risen by the scourge". :shock:

So thoughts...?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#5 Post by Reaper »

Dark Cohesion is actually pretty cool

The other skills are meh
[Reaper]

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#6 Post by Kalrithus »

Actually Dark you said " she was later raised from the dead to fight for the scourge" so if she's fighting for them and " Now she serves them with the utmost cunning and treachery, inverting and twisting the once righteous craft she was taught into dark magics" then how is she working for the fel orcs? Also not to belabor the point but keep in mind Warcraft lore =/= EotA lore.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Kalrithus »

Anyways her ultimate seems pretty cool, although it reminds me alot of DotA morphling just with added benefits. Most of your abilities seem based around healing and debuffs, and while this is neat I don't see this being a practical hero as is, if you could give us an idea of what you see the role of the hero as.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well, aren't the Orcs/Fel Orcs all part of the same team as far as serving the BL? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Too, I think Dekar was confusing two separate races rather than respective factions.

I know I'm playing with fire here by trying to implement both lores, but I had to come up with a story. If you've got anything creative, love to hear it though :) I do like the cohesion I made between this Cleric and TC, buts that's me. :|
Dark Cohesion is actually pretty cool

The other skills are meh
Really? Hmm, I thought for sure DC would get the most flack, it being simpler and dispelling ability. Your views of my suggestions seem to be more encouraging Reager, does this mean I may have some viable suggestions, perhaps? :P :D :o

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

Kalrithus wrote:Anyways her ultimate seems pretty cool, although it reminds me alot of DotA morphling just with added benefits. Most of your abilities seem based around healing and debuffs, and while this is neat I don't see this being a practical hero as is, if you could give us an idea of what you see the role of the hero as.
Ha, to be honest with you Morphing crossed my mind while thinking up this skill. However, I didn't get the inspiration from him, truly. It just fits the theme well, that's all.

Hmm, yes. She was intended to be a mass dispeller/healer, with small AoE and good grounds for a Tank build (heals and good Str-ladder). Imagine Alexander, TC, and a bit of Witch Doctor mashed into one hero and you've got Lysarna. Her weakness, as you may have already noted, are lack of troop support/buffs, seiging, and direct hero killing potential. Again, she, due to her many AoE's/Heals, is like RK and TC combined.

The theme is mainly Darkness with hints of TC themes (time, healing, warping) ingrained in as well. If your making connections to her and TC, then its suppose to be that way, as they are, after all, Time Clerics! :P

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

DarkNemesis wrote: Inversed Healing
Feeds off of the weakness of other heros, returning x (Int) health over 15 sec to the hero based upon their current health. Enemy heros with less HP heal more over a slower amount of time, while ones with higher current health return less at a quicker regen rate.
Very unclear sentence structure.

Too, I think Dekar was confusing two separate races rather than respective factions.
Please quote where I said this.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#11 Post by Leek »

Fel Orcs and the Grim Brigade aren't allies in Twilight (only in Exodus out of necessity).

Also, there is no Scourge in Eota, it doesn't exist. The undead faction is called the Grim Brigade, please get the lore correct.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

I give up. Write your own damn lore then.

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#13 Post by Leek »

If your making a hero for Eota it should at least fit Eota lore, which was written by Yak. Put some effort into it please.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

Actually, I did. And since you seem to know more about EotA lore, I revert you back to the second part of my previous post:

Write your own damn lore, ty.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Kalrithus »

If you really are going to say
DarkNemesis wrote:I give up.
Then please don't burden others with your abandoned brainchild. If you are going to go through the trouble of actually thinking up a hero and all its abilities, you should at least see it through and take the time to complete it properly. This includes an accurate background if you chose to include one. Some of us, myself included, just arn't creative enough at times to think up stuff like that so we tend to leave it out and instead end up burdening others with it. Although more often than not that will tend to lead to rejection of the idea out of hand due to its incomplete status. Failing to do so and putting off your frustration on others who may point out your mistake, is in reality doing yourself more of a disservice than anything.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

Lol, I laughed when I read your post.

Ya know, that part were you say "If you choose" Well, I'm choosing not to.

The irony!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

I am confused... How does being a Fel Orc Shadow Cleric make her ultimate fit her in any way?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well her theme is darkness, and inverting things, for lack of a better term. More of a warp/twisted/darkness theme I guess.