Forlorn Martyr

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Ion
Communist

Forlorn Martyr

#1 Post by Ion »

Relax, not even close to the length of my RK post. Lots of point form to make life easy.

Forlorn Martyr has several problems. a) his most damaging spell is melee and requires him to be able to follow the unit between enemy troops, b) Polarize is only really useful at lower levels and c) his innate is mostly useless (compared to other heroes). Martyr is popular but I think he has several key disadvantages compared to other heroes. Streak is fantastic to facilitate his attack, but in order for the distance and cooldown to really become useful he needs it to be Level 3 minimum. The cooldown is really hefty at lower levels.

Are there any plans Yak, to alter his innate Charging/ If any and are you planning on changing it drastically or keeping it sort of near what it is now? I'll throw two ideas out to make two skills better while I wait to hear what happens to everyone's beloved Martyr.

Ion Surge
- Give it initial Int. based shock damage, reduce some of the damage it deals slightly to compensate. Awesome spell, Martyr has no HP = a bitch to go behind enemy lines. Often you see Martyr's banishing people but not being able to follow up. This ensures heroes sustain at least a little bit of damage.
Streak
- Awesome spell, but it takes three levels to get its cooldown reasonable. Distance isn't a problem. At Level 1 it has a cooldown of about 30 seconds. Half this, make it 15 seconds, stagger it for the next five levels to go down to 10. Reduce distance gain per level. Better to have it shorter and more evened out but be able to use it often.
Ion.

Furion
Resident
Resident

Re: Forlorn Martyr

#2 Post by Furion »

In my opinion streak is fine the way it is, because if you want to just spend one point then you just get a escape/follow spell for occasional usage. But if you want to use it more heavily then youll have to invest more points and thats good.

I am not sure how much that initiate dmg would help, might turn out soso.

The staying power, what you were concerned about, is not so much a problem once you take thunderstrike into account.
This spell really kicks ass if used properly (especially together with spire) it is an aoe full diesable, since units hit by it can neither hit you nor cast spells. If you time that spell right you can just stay within a bulk of enemies without getting much more than a scratch (the current bug might be problem though^^).

what i would really change is the dmg scaling of polarity.
I mean what you get for spending one skill point is okay even strong, you can pick out many 40 gold creeps or harrass heros well.
Though the improvement from spending 2-6 points is really not worth it, since the dmg it does on lvl 6 is pathetic (for spending 6 points).
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Forlorn Martyr

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Relax
We can't because you insist in wrecking all the good heros and thereby "socializing" EotA.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.