Hero Suggestion: WM-114 SiegeLord and Gnome Ace

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Ion
Communist

Hero Suggestion: WM-114 SiegeLord and Gnome Ace

#1 Post by Ion »

Hero names: Dwarven Battletank and Gyrocopter
Character names: WM-114 SiegeLord and Gnome Ace
Models: Steam Engine and Gyrocopter

Despite lacking in extensive field-testing the WM-114 SiegeLord is still the premier Battletank put into production. Faster, larger and with an arsenal far more extensive then its Goblin and other Dwarf models, the WM-114 SiegeLord has a full-time crew of 14 Dwarves. Armed with MAMASCAN-Peacekeeper Missiles and equipped with four Ion Thrusters, the WM-114 SiegeLord is both mobile and sturdy. The recent war over the artifact has given the Dwarves the opportunity they've needed to test their creation more fully. In order to properly monitor the tank and its battle capacity however they have also deployed Gnome Ace; a famous Gnomish Gyrocopter fighter pilot, to accompany and direct the tank from the skies. The Dwarven development team has also put their MCCs (Mobile Command Centers) into use and have deployed them across the battlefield to provide logistics to the SiegeLord and maximize on-field success.

A hero tribute to Siege_Lord- he has some already but this really puts the icing on the cake imo. and it fits! (at least I think so...)

Came up with this a few hours ago. Sorry for posting so many (if you think they suck). Siege has tribute but it seems fitting to make up a fun tank hero. Not really sure what race this could go with; I'm thinking Elves or maybe even Neutral, whatever Yak feels like. Gnome Ace needs AI but is flying and acts like the AA's Fam (except, well you'll read the changes as you scroll down). Gnome Ace should follow the SiegeLord around as it kicks ass.

Intended to be a strong versatile tank that specializes in crowd-control and mobility (despite its size).

Things to know about this hero before I get into skills:
- When you select this hero, in addition to your altar there should be an "MCC HQ" beside your altar (some sort of tower). This building serves no purpose other then to activate certain abilites for the WM-114 SiegeLord. The WM-114 still can have an altar.
- Gnome Ace is a free familiar that always spawns with the SiegeLord. If GnomeAce is killed, the SiegeLord shouldn't take any damage but the crew should become heavily demoralized, be silenced for a fair duration (4-8s perhaps) and have reduced move/attack speed and damage (by %). After a certain amount of time (can be determined by Yak) at the MCC HQ another Gnome Ace will be available for deployment. When spawned, it'd be cool if it flew across the map to wherever the SiegeLord is.
- Lots of SiegeLord's abilities are semi-talents and can be augmented by base-activatables. Keep this in mind.
- The SiegeLord has no health regeneration (if possible). Instead, he uses MMCs. MMCs are buildable by a special specific worker unit for the SiegeLord (perhaps even Gnome Ace, iono). MMCs can either just have an aura of healing for mechanic units, can deploy little workers that come out and heal SiegeLord or what have you. The workers should be buildable at the Command Center for a portion of SiegeLord's mana (if possible) or I guess gold or something. That's my idea anyway, if you guys have better...

Now on to the good stuff...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Request Operation (Innate)
A spellbook (you can tell I love these...) full of commands for Gnome Ace. There should be a deliberate delay between this commands. The commands I'm thinking of are simple like 'Attack', 'Retreat to', 'Back to base' but one of the SiegeLord's abilities (read below) is to augment some of these possibilities. The point is Gnome Ace is independent and shoots at things etc. but you can make 'requests' to do certain things.
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disengage the MAMASCAN Peacekeeper Missile Pod (MAMASCAN-MPMP or colloquially 'M2P2'), (Normal skill)
- AoE, target. The MAMASCAN-MMP is an all purpose experimental missile pod fired off the main base of the WM-114 Siegelord. Shoots some bomb projectile into the air which blows up. After a fraction of a second from the area where it blew up a bunch of Cluster Rocket missiles should reign all hell down on the target area (Int. based damage, slows units caught in the missile just momentarily). It should take a second or two to cast (so is interruptable).
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Activate the Ion Thrusters (Normal skill)
- Non-target stomp. Name is coincidental, not trying to be self-centered just actually works out. If I can slip it in though all the better : ). Activating Ion Thrusters takes two seconds and if possible, some smoke should appear at the bottom of the SiegeLord (as if it's getting ready for liftoff). Then yes, it really should lift off! Ion Thrusters in my perfect world makes the SiegeLord lift off the ground, going progressively higher (until it reaches a certain height) cap'd at some point (determinable by Yak).
- The spell drains mana over time. If Ion Thrusters are deactivated and the SiegeLord reaches a certain height threshold, the SiegeLord should fall. Upon 're-entry' it slams into the ground, letting a huge Thunderclap that deals Str. based damage. Units in the direct vicinity of the SiegeLord's collision should take the most and be stunned, those on the outside take only portions of it and are slowed. In addition, the SiegeLord should take some damage.
- In addition, there should be a command at the MMC HQ to 'peacefully' reduce the height of the SiegeLord. When activated it reduces the height of the SiegeLord while the Ion Thrusters are engaged (instead of raising it). This is needed because the SiegeLord only deals the clap damage after a certain threshold of height is reached (and the higher he goes the more damage he should deal). Reducing his height will get you below the threshold (but still drain mana) and you won't take any damage.
Steamroller (Normal skill)
Single-point, target (line-spell)
- Passively increases the WM-114's armor (like Scarab) and reduces the amount of damage taken (no Thorns Aura though) to some level. Should be rather high given he has no life regeneration.
- Kind of like a 'ground swoop'. The increased damage resistance is explained to make the hull more reinforced to be able to perform this awesome move. Streamroller takes is also interruptable (partially channelled) and smoke should come out of the back of the SiegeLord when cast.
- After channeling is finished, there should be an explosion behind the SiegeLord and the SiegeLord roars forward to wherever the target is. Units caught in the SiegeLord's path are brushed aside unless they hit a 'sweetspot' near the front of the SiegeLord. In this case they're pushed forward along with the SiegeLord and take damage over time. If the SiegeLord hits a wall or obstacle (trees and units included) while 'pushing' a unit forward, then the unit should take extra damage. Damage should be based on Str. for units and the Str. of the target hero for heroes (just to spice things up).
Integrated Command (Normal skill)
'Passive'
- This is like AA's Fam ability in it gives Gnome Ace more abilities. However, these abilities should also become available in the SiegeLord's innate. This is to say, the abilities below that I describe should be 'castable' by the SiegeLord, which gives a command to Gnome Ace to use the skill on a certain point. If possible, Gnome Ace should come back for some of the skills (will note which)...

Overload Thrusters (LVL1)
- Greatly increases Gnome Ace's attack and movement speed but he loses health over time (good for retreating).
Barrage (LVL2)
- AoE target; causes Gnome Ace to quickly attack an area with his machine gun, dealing (attack + Agi.) damage to all units in the area. The point is it's his normal attack and he's just firing really fast in an area.
Supply Drop (LVL3)
- Drops a crate of supplies at the target area. The crate should contain x-y random items (consumables, Cluster Rockets, nets etc.) and should all pop out when the crate is broken.
Skimfire (LVL4)
- No-target. Gnome Ace dips and goes low to the ground. He gets Critical Strike for the duration of the spell and has greatly increased damage.
Dive Bomb (LVL5)
- Like Swoop sort of. Gnome Ace flies close to the ground and drops small bombs behind him. The bombs should fall slowly and when they blow up, should deal Int. based damage to units.
Deploy Oil Cartidges (LVL6)
- When the Megayak is called for by the SiegeLord, Gnome Ace should fire (point, target AoE) several missiles. When they strike units they spread oil on them (as a buff?). When the MegaYak goes off (read below) units that are drenched in oil are set on fire and take additional damage over time.
Call for the MegaYak
- Exclamation mark over both Gnome Ace; long channeling for SiegeLord.
- After the channeling the SiegeLord should fire a flare in the air (a flare at the MMC HQ should also come up). If he has at least one point in it and mana, the SiegeLord immediately engages his thrusters.
- After (x) seconds, if there is a nuke graphic that is suitable, one should fly up from the MMC HQ. If not, we'll have to figure something out. **EDIT: Any sort of sheep/yak/penguin graphic might be better if it was just really fat (have a bit of fire under it to look like it's getting propelled). I'm rooting for Penguin cause it's the right shape.
- Some missile, bomb, sheep, yak, penguin etc. should fall down slowly on the target area (take maybe 2-3 seconds?) At the end there should be a massive explosion that deals a large amount of AoE damage (comparable to Grand Rune but perhaps a bit less). A bit of magical fallout that deals damage over time to units in the area should be present as well.

Potential talents should be controllable by the MMC HQ. In the same way that the Loremaster 'activates' spells, the MMC HQ could 'activate' certain talents (that have been upgraded at the altar) that alter spells in certain ways.

So to clarify, you can get an 'Extra Missile Pod' talent which adds the possibility (some %) that when casting M3P one of the following (see below) missiles will show up during casting. To activate which missile you want to see show up, you go to the MMC HQ and 'activate' whichever one you feel like. Then cast and leave it up to chance.

Some ideas I have regarding the M3P are...
- 'Equip M-461 Firebirds' (for the M3P): Loads 'Firebird' missiles into the M3P which set the ground on fire and incinerate units caught in them.
- 'Equip M-464 Articunos' (for the M3P): Loads 'Articuno' missiles into the M3P which have a chance of freezing units (come on, Pokemon was the shit back in the day and it just sounds bad-ass =P)
- 'Equip M-472 Thrashers' (for the M3P): Loads 'Thrasher' missiles into the M3P which have a larger AoE then normal and deal Str. based damage.

More later. Anyway, to recap:

- The SiegeLord would be versatile; with a flying hero he'd have a lot of good support and be a good tank.
- Ion Thrusters actually isn't meant to deal damage, it's first and formost to get him out of being stuck (Siege Engine is a phat model...) This way he can't just get hemmed into places, and it rewards him for getting/keeping some mana.
- Has some good crowd control spells, a lot of explosions (too many perhaps? feel free to critique and offer alternatives).
- Semi-controllable Fam.

With regards to HP/MP regen, I think I mentioned it before the SiegeLord (or the Gnome Ace) shouldn't regen health. I'll add he shouldn't regen mana either. However he should have higher then normal health and I think despite it not being 'realistic', he should be able to carry normal items (I guess, what else are we gonna do?). However, I don't really have a fantastic mechanic for this atm. Suggestions on what to do with this would be much appreciated (if we're not willing to have another SB like hero or regen isn't touchable I can accept it).

Comments welcome!
Last edited by Ion on April 12th, 2009, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Hero Suggestion: WM-114 SiegeLord and Gnome Ace

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Holy shit, Ion, your on a role! Actually, this is a good with Orcs needing new heros in all. But could you see this guy on their faction? I'll comment later, (Busy) since your concepts are usually large and complex. I'm sure it will have some good merits though, as DarnYak has even liked alot of your ideas. Later.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#3 Post by Setokaiva »

Lol, this is a very unique and interesting hero... I really like the idea of a tank and a helicopter both fighting together, it'd be almost like having Arcane Archer's Familiar around except you could tell it what to do. But you do know that we already have tanks as a spawn tower thing, right?
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Strychnyne »

if there is a nuke graphic that is suitable
Best names ever dude. You gotta change 'em.
But you do know that we already have tanks as a spawn tower thing, right?
Hey Seto... I've got to ask. Is your name from Yu-Gi-Oh, but with a typo?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#5 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Taking a closer look at this:

The concept is totally ridiculous, how the hell are you suppose to play this guy? And I still don't get the double models? Aka Siege Engine and Flying Machine or whatnot?

Really, were you serious when you posted this, or just felt like wasting all that time and space. And really, this is EotA, can we get over the MC$-A&DTDT BS? This is not a concept from Mission Impossible, it is EotA, a fantasy (wc3 based) Aeon Strife map, as the forum puts it.

And yes, as only Yak could make it, thankfully.

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#6 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Sounds like a cool idea, but there's way too much shit!

I think if the ace was owned by ur team, so the only way to control him is with the tank, and then make its spells usable through the tanks spell book, he could be really fun.
I miss EotA :(

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#7 Post by Luftwaffles »

Yeah I'm glad you brought attention back to it though.
- Luftwaffles

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#8 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

Woh didn't realize this was an old necro'd post. My b.
I miss EotA :(