Moderator: Mills

Leek
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Leek

Re: Sorrow Liege

#26 Post by Leek »

I'd also like to say that AM with talented Haunt is probably better then Rue at sieging.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#27 Post by DarkNemesis »

Haunt requires a high lvl to really do anything spectacular, alone that is. And the ghosts mainly tank other units. Granted, a great talent to a less than great ability. But definitely not a Rue at seiging.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Ion
Communist

#28 Post by Ion »

Imho. Rue is really good at staying alive and at moving troops around more then he is base-sieging. He's good at indirectly causing base sieges, but he has no effective instant AoE nukes and he relies on hero harassment to prevent his own troops from dying.

I wouldn't say he's a terrible sieger, since Bastion-porting lots of units into bases, using order attack and his flexible auras can be very helpful on sieges. If you were to leave him alone, or you had no AoE at all like him (he has like 'indirect AoE') then you'd probably lose out. However, he's no Gravel or Bane when it comes to tackling a base.
Ion.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#29 Post by Leek »

Yes, Ion, I'm not saying Rue is bad, just that he isn't top 3 and there are probably half a dozen heroes better then him.

Now Dark, your only looking at 1 skill. A haunt AM will probably have her Ult (short CD, good at stopping the counter-push before it starts, and timed with mercs doubles the length of a siege), then most likely has some IB and Cloud, effectively countering defending heroes. Random skeletons to get in the way are ok I guess.

Now Wraiths and Haunt do two things that are incredibly important in sieges. 1. stops a tower attacking, towers are basically what stops sieges, you get rid of em, you've won the siege. And 2. kills creeps that draw the attacks of your sides spawns. Ghosts killing these faster = more time for creeps to just bash on towers = less towers = better at siege'ing.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#30 Post by DarkNemesis »

stops a tower attacking
Wait, they stop the towers from attacking? I thought they only dealt DoT dmg? My bad, I guess. That's what I get for only playing AM like 4 times in my life, oh well. :(

Agreed, Haunt is a great sieging ability.

While I agree with most of what your saying (other than the fact that you think Rue isn't a good sieger) you seem to be solely focusing on spawn alone, and assuming a siege is over when they die. Don't get me wrong, spawn is absolutely vital for effective sieges, granted, but I can name a handful of the heros that can hold there ground while reinforcements come (provided other heros aren't there, but that totally different), and Rue is one of them. His high armor, attack, and spells (dmg reduct aura and duty talent) allow him to take massive amounts of punishment. And even with a simple +5 Knight's, he isn't going anywhere soon.

My whole point Leek, is that Rue is great at sieging, and while maybe (maybe) not best, but very high up there, BP is probably the most deadly sieger (imho) in EotA, hes a different story though :P

You have to understand something: his ultimate. That is the key here, its such a badass ability in so many ways. That if used right, is what grantees a successful seige. Too the talent is also incredible, and expensive. Good luck in those sieges!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#31 Post by Leek »

(other than the fact that you think Rue isn't a good sieger)
I never said he wasn't, his -dmg aura is quite good (like I've said). I'm just saying he isn't in the top 3. Top 10 maybe, maybe not, I'm too lazy to make a list while typing this post.

Yes haunt stops a towe attacking.

I dunno, I never get his Ult, I don't really like it tbh. I'd rather get other things. Now I know its good for siege'ing just becase you can steal pushes from other lanes, keeping pressure on the base, confusing the other team and generally pissing them off. However I dislike this since it can screw over other lanes pretty easily IMO.

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#32 Post by Waki_Miko »

Leek wrote:However I dislike this since it can screw over other lanes pretty easily IMO.
With great power comes great responsibility. :D

Regarding the Ulti, I think its role as an 'Anywhere Fountain' (With Malignant Chapel Talent) helps to support sieges, hence one of the reasons Rue doesn't do badly in sieges (What I didn't know was that his Decreptitude reduces building attack).

But yes, I second the opinion that Rue isn't in the Top-3 best siegers, though he's definitely above average:
Quickly off my mind, I believe Arcane Mistress, Blazing Priest, Colossus, Glacial Tyrant, Putrid Eidolon, Acid Reaver, Tactician, Arcane Archer, Infiltrator, Arboreal Crusader, Scarab all outperform the Sorrow Liege in siegeing. Incarnation too, if there're no heroes nearby to destroy that Dark Altar.

Can't really say much more about Rue, with an imminent change to Mortal Strike (or am I mistaken?) in the next version.