Sorrow Liege

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Warskull
Visitor
Visitor

Sorrow Liege

#1 Post by Warskull »

This hero seems pretty overpowered at the moment. A large part of it seems to be his health regen, it just seemed insane around the 20 mark.

I think he may be bugged and somehow getting an unholy aura health regen bonus from his speed aura (which I have up most of the time.) At times my health just seemed to regen incredibly fast.

A replay is attached if you want to view it.

I basically max mortal strike and the aura, getting the minions usually to about 4-5 (neglecting ult.) I grab some attack/defense upgrade, but mostly focus on strength. I gear towards +damage and +strength (rings of battle seem to work incredibly well on him.)

Basically, he's really setting off my imbalance detector.
Attachments
EotA1.12c-SorrowLiege_OP.w3g
(512.86 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Sorrow Liege

#2 Post by Reaper »

He is definitely my favorite hero for tanking. I posted an excellent replay somewhere where I maxed my level defending against all the outposts attacking main base.

He's tough to kill, but I don't think he's really too much of a threat otherwise.
[Reaper]

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

The HP regeneration was propably just due to Eidolon's shield.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by Perhaps »

I hardly gave Sorrow Liege the shield. I mostly kept my own shield up, and gave it to people near death, which more than often was the Incarnation. Sorrow Liege does get uber life regen when decked with str. But I do vaguely remember accidentally giving Sorrow Liege the shield a few times within the frame by frame madness, with his already uber regen with Eidolon's int pumped shield, could result in crazy life regen.

I'd also like to note that the game played like it was a slide show and I DID NOT get a single point into Purtrid Eidolon's Ultimate.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Perhaps wrote:I'd also like to note that the game played like it was a slide show and I DID NOT get a single point into Purtrid Eidolon's Ultimate.
Was this with EotA-HB? The game dies when peopel are downloading in another hosted game. I need to get sparda to turn it off completely.

DarnYak

Ion
Communist

#6 Post by Ion »

Yeah it's pretty funny when the bot hosts 2 at a time. Suddenly everything begins to freeze every 2s and the screen becomes filled with 'OMG', 'LAGWTF', 'HOLLY SHIT WTH!!??????'

Reborn and I played a game though where it lagged and no one said anything. Not a single pub complained in all chat o_O (reb says pink complained but I dun believe him). That was something special!
Ion.

Warskull
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Warskull »

DarnYak wrote:
Perhaps wrote:I'd also like to note that the game played like it was a slide show and I DID NOT get a single point into Purtrid Eidolon's Ultimate.
Was this with EotA-HB? The game dies when peopel are downloading in another hosted game. I need to get sparda to turn it off completely.

DarnYak
It was an EotA-HB game, but this was specifically due to one player lagging like nuts. Once the player left it was fine.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

Nothing really changed with brown being gone, other than no longer having a lag box. In which case, I preferred it because there would be something to pause it during it, instead "SURPRISE" health gone.

Warskull
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Warskull »

Found it, mortal strike does more than it says.

It is doing about 3x the displayed amount. The actual amount is intended to do could probably use a small buff, obviously the extreme over damage needs to end.

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#10 Post by Leek »

I'll test this later, I know it seemed to me to be doing a bit more damage then it should but x3? No way, because then I would be doing like 2k Nukes and I know I haven't gotten anywhere near that.

I usually do roughly 600dmg at levesl 30+, level 6 MS and +40 bonus STR.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#11 Post by DarkNemesis »

Leek wrote:I'll test this later, I know it seemed to me to be doing a bit more damage then it should but x3? No way, because then I would be doing like 2k Nukes and I know I haven't gotten anywhere near that.

I usually do roughly 600dmg at levesl 30+, level 6 MS and +40 bonus STR.
To me, this isn't OP.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by Waki_Miko »

I think Mortal Strike does more damage because it's some kind of autocast, thus Sorrow Liege's melee damage is added to it.
I haven't actually observed 3x damage, however.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by Leek »

That is exactly what happens Waki_Miko.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

Reaper wrote:He is definitely my favorite hero for tanking. I posted an excellent replay somewhere where I maxed my level defending against all the outposts attacking main base.

He's tough to kill, but I don't think he's really too much of a threat otherwise.
And the fact that he's arguably the best seiger in the game. At the very least, within the top 3.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Leek »

BP, Eidolon, Tyrant, Tact, AA are all better siegers.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

Not a chance in hell, sorry leek.

BP and Eidolon, maybe. And notice I said top three, leaving a slot open :wink:

Leek
Resident
Resident

#17 Post by Leek »

Thats why I mentioned more then 3 you moron, to prove that he isn't in the top 3.

Hell, now that I think about it, I'd even add Bane as a better sieger then Rue. Tyrant, Tact and AA are all better then Rue as well.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by DarkNemesis »

Have you even played Rue against bases?

Between Shadow Bastion, Guard, and Crown, its plain ridiculous. That, combined with his insane HP regen, high attack, high armor, and massive amounts of dmg reduction, comon.

And btw, why the hell are you getting so pissed? Moron? Idiot? Fucking? Ease up Leek, geez.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by Reaper »

The insults aren't necessary

Rue is not a good sieger, mostly because he can't really damage bases. Living long doesn't really matter if your units all die. Ice Spinner has very low health, but sieges much better due to blizzard being amazing.
[Reaper]

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by DarkNemesis »

Rue is not a good sieger, mostly because he can't really damage bases. Living long doesn't really matter if your units all die. Ice Spinner has very low health, but sieges much better due to blizzard being amazing.
Actually, he does. His attack is high, and I way I play him (attack and str build) makes for some imba DPSing. And your forgetting his Ult, Guard, Crown. :wink:

And Blizzard is trash without spawn. Rue however, only requires his skills to trash bases.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by Reaper »

No, I wasn't forgetting anything
[Reaper]

Leek
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by Leek »

Your right, sorry for the insults they weren't needed. However trying to converse with you is like bashing your head into a brick wall sometimes.

See, the way you make it out your super high level, have tons of items and all kinds of shit. Every hero is great with those kinds of parameters.

Consistently good (and yes ever better in your parameters) heroes that actually do what Siegers do, kill towers are better siegers. Yes Rue can out-tank most heroes, no he cannot out-siege them. You seem to be getting the two confused.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by DarkNemesis »

Are you talking to me or Reaper :?

I'm gonna assume myself, since your speaking directly about Rue. Which is what we were "talking" about...

A few things:

First, I didn't mention buying him mass amounts of gear, you did. And that gear on any hero won't make them imba, that's why EotA has so many selections, because some things are FAR better on certain heros.

Second, the gear wouldn't make him much better at seiging, its mainly used for Tanking. Unless you buy only dmg. Rue's spells are really what make him great. Base kill your spawns? Reinforce more with ult! Need some extra base-killing power? Use guard and pop dmg reduct on crown. Want the spawn to focus on towers? drop a fear. You see Leek (and Reaper) 75% of his skills directly affect sieging, and in a good way. To say hes not a good seiger is well, kinds erroneous, and simply not true. Now Im not denying other heros are good as well (even better) but Rue has the stand-alone power most other seigers lack. In fact, hes the only seiger I can think of that only requires his skills to lvl a base. So give him some credit :P

Third, no, I'm not confusing the two.

Fourth, I would argue your last comment. TC with a Tank build and lvl 6 heal is impossible to kill. Come to think of it, if you geared all the Tanks equally (same items) I would argue TC as the top. Side note though.

Leek
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by Leek »

Actually, he does. His attack is high, and I way I play him (attack and str build) makes for some imba DPSing.
So your saying in your "build" you don't get items? If so, my point stands and Rue isn't that great a Sieger.

If you do get items, my point still stands and Rue isn't better then anyone else.

His best siege move is the -dmg aura for towers, not the DPS one.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by DarkNemesis »

Leek wrote:
Actually, he does. His attack is high, and I way I play him (attack and str build) makes for some imba DPSing.
So your saying in your "build" you don't get items? If so, my point stands and Rue isn't that great a Sieger.

If you do get items, my point still stands and Rue isn't better then anyone else.

His best siege move is the -dmg aura for towers, not the DPS one.
No, no, you misread my post. I do get him items, but I'm saying its his raw skills and himself that make him great for seiging. The items mainly keep him alive, while providing some aid for base-killing.

I agree totally with your last sentence, and have stated such like five times now.