Considering new addition: "Temporary" Health

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Considering new addition: "Temporary" Health

#1 Post by DarnYak »

So I was struck by an idea of adding "temporary" health. This would work by healing the hero by X, but losing X over the following (10?) seconds. During this time, any damage taken goes off the temporary hit points first, so if you get 100 temp hp, and take 50 damage, you'd end at you're starting life. An alternate way to look at it is to consider it a damage shield that depleates rapidly, except this would actually work off the health bar.

The main purpose of this would be for skills that tend to put the hero in danger, to take the edge off the amount of damage they take. Primary example would be Bane's charge. He'd charge in, have a bit of temp hit points because he's certain to be taking hits, and does his thing. But it's not a perma heal, so it doesn't help his long term survivability so much. Swoop might be another one that gets it (although not so strong).

Thoughts? A better name wouldn't hurt either.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Considering new addition: "Temporary" Health

#2 Post by Perhaps »

It would be nice, it could be scalar based on hero. I've considered bringing this up as an item actually, but I canceled the post and said "fuck it" half way posting. I'd say it's worth a shot. Since it's a good way to allow for a cheaper potions while not being something that can just be gobbled. But a question I have, can they be dispelled? If so that would be a nice way to encourage dispel skills while making in the fray heroes more tolerable.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

Gogo kamikaze melee Inf. :D

It would propably benefit melee heroes most, to allow for some more aggressive early game and rarely for new builds. But on the wrong skills/heroes/amounts it could turn into a balance nightmare.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

Pills
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Gogo kamikaze melee Inf. :D

It would propably benefit melee heroes most, to allow for some more aggressive early game and rarely for new builds. But on the wrong skills/heroes/amounts it could turn into a balance nightmare.
Yea I realize that. Inf is one of the hero's i thought about giving it too, but at the same time she's kind of a bad example because she can get in and out of battle so easily. Similar case for swashy. This would be more for heroes that need to stay in combat for more extended periods to be effective really. Tyrant and RK would be examples except they have real shields. TC might be a decent example, although she has a self heal. BP might get one with his skill replacement, Neph would be a good canidate too.

DarnYak