Moderator: Mills

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Time Cleric too weak

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Time Cleric needs some buffing imo. Don't get me wrong, she is one of my favorite heroes. It just seems shes sort of inferior all-around.

First off, her stats. Honestly, why is her Agi gain like almost par with Str? She's a Str hero. Tone AGi down and add a futher boost to Str, shes quite weak for a Tank. Second, she REALLY needs an AoE. I know I know, alot of heroes don't have em, well yeah, but those, by in large, tend to be the hero killers. Who gain huge amounts of gold anyway. Poor Cleric is stuck in the mud, with Echo and Degen not being instant cast nukes, makes things difficult. Oh yeah, that brings me to Echo. Add a Str modifier and reduce dmg to compensate. My thoughts anyway.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on March 7th, 2009, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Time Cleric too weak

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

TC has an AoE though.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

True, but not an AoE dmg spell. I think a minor AoE Dot would be great, or something like that.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Honestly, why is her Agi gain like almost par with Str?
Agility = speed. It's about the theme. Plus she's not suppose to be a tank, she's a well rounded hero.

Not saying i'm happy with her at the moment.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

What could be a nice tweak... Combine Degeneration and Echo as one move, of course balancing out the damage to make it balanced, where it would be during the channeling, the echo effect would be present, and of course releasing it would do damage (not applying the echo effect upon release). Not sure what'd be called. For an ultimate, where echo is no longer there there, could be a two things, a passive and active, the skill's name could be "Blades of Time." The passive, called "echo slash," would add a bounce to her attack equal to her damage (bounce would have very very short range). The casting ability, called "phase slash," would be like Wail, but a bit different, it would phase all units in path, then after units and after the phase is over, the units will have a chance to be killed by the ability (of course the chance would be a decently deal less than Wail in compromise for the added bounce).

The high agility gain she gets would be highly complimented with the ultimate. >_>

Or perhaps, the combined Echo + Degeneration as the ultimate, and add splash to the Degeneration effect. And have "Blades of Time" be a regular skill, where echo slash would do damage after the phase effect is over, and give it a Hazard Slash, Great Bow kind of cooldown. If Phase Slash were to be a damage skill instead, it'd be agility boosted.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Agility = speed. It's about the theme.
And what theme would that be, pray tell? Time. Ok, but I don't see what time has to do with speedish qualities.
she's a well rounded hero.
Well-rounded? I would beg to differ. She lacks any form if troop slaying ability, some tanking capabilities, hardly any hero-slaying potential. Hardly a troop supporter or even sieger. Now Shaman, hes well-rounded, she, not so much.
Plus she's not suppose to be a tank, shes well-rounded.
Well, considering shes Str-based (yes, even its a pussy strength), with a good heal and decent armor...
Not saying i'm happy with her at the moment.
Glad we agree. :)

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

Since were on the subject of TC, could someone give me an example of how you might play a typical TC? Including items bought (if any) how you spend crystal, and what skills you aim for?

Doing this might encourage me not to whine so much about her. :roll:

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

DarkNemesis wrote: Well-rounded? I would beg to differ. She lacks any form if troop slaying ability, some tanking capabilities, hardly any hero-slaying potential. Hardly a troop supporter or even sieger. Now Shaman, hes well-rounded, she, not so much.
She is propably the best support hero in the game, AoE slow that even affects buildings, can take out enemy heroes for some time with Phase, one of the strongest nukes in the game if know how to play her, a heal with an instant part for critical situations, and Echo is a skill you may want to work as a team for.
And the situational dispel.

Well, considering shes Str-based (yes, even its a pussy strength), with a good heal and decent armor...
Not every Str hero is a tank, primary attribute is based on the way a hero attacks. Magic attack = Int, Bow = Agi, Melee = Str for a general guideline.
Since were on the subject of TC, could someone give me an example of how you might play a typical TC? Including items bought (if any) how you spend crystal, and what skills you aim for?
The most used way is propably Degeneration primary, Ebb secondary, boost Degen damage as high as possible. Get as close as possible to the enemy, cast Ebb, nuke them. Heal as tertiary skill I guess.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

She is propably the best support hero in the game, AoE slow that even affects buildings, can take out enemy heroes for some time with Phase, one of the strongest nukes in the game if know how to play her, a heal with an instant part for critical situations, and Echo is a skill you may want to work as a team for.
And the situational dispel.
Support for other heroes, yes, troop, nah. I like to place support heroes into two sections: 1) Troop Support, and 2) Hero support. As far as hero support goes, your absolutely right, there is no better!

Added: Did a single game to test some theories and must admit, Echo is quite powerful. Her stats are fine for the most part, though a small AoE would be nice. :|

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

DarkNemesis wrote:Since were on the subject of TC, could someone give me an example of how you might play a typical TC? Including items bought (if any) how you spend crystal, and what skills you aim for?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=372
lawl how does i borwse forms?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:Since were on the subject of TC, could someone give me an example of how you might play a typical TC? Including items bought (if any) how you spend crystal, and what skills you aim for?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=372
lawl how does i borwse forms?
I was wanting several opinions on the hero, not just yours thank you.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

What a troll.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#13 Post by Leek »

Just want to say if you aren't racking up PKs with degen your a fucking tool.

Ebb = isanely strong.

She is more of a caster then well-rounded I find.

I'll agree taht she has no AoE ability, little tank ability. However if she gets AoE, I can see that shit getting out of hand quickly.

Her heal is also stupid good.

This isn't to say she is perfect, far from it. However sticking AoE spawn killing on every hero isn't the way to go.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by Perhaps »

Leek wrote:Just want to say if you aren't racking up PKs with degen your a fucking tool.
Don't you mean if you're racking up player kills, your opponents are fucking tools? Or perhaps, you're a tool for not racking in kills from those tools, if so, that's not really something worth measuring upon.

Ebb is so-so. It's best feature is that it actually effects towers. You got to look at its prime function against army, which is slowing attack speed, which I hope is intended for reducing the damage of enemy attacks. Thing is, you may think "AoE is solid damage," but in reality they give the affliction 'death' to units which applies a 100% damage reduction towards their attack and spells. With Soul Binder, Divine Wizard, Infiltrator, Aeromancess, and Rune Knight, there's enough AoE heroes that you'll never need her for extra AoE.

Rapid Healing is good, but compared to Ethereal Healing, it's childs play, though I will say it does have the ability to heal herself with it, that ethereal healing doesn't offer, but Arcane Archer is range oriented and can prevent the need to do so anyways. Then there's also Rune Shell, which can be used exactly like a heal, except you can actually "heal" over your max health with a stacking limit of one, but that can of course be applied to multiple heroes.

She is a "decent" hero, that's for sure, but the problem is when you weigh her with all the other heroes, the only thought that comes to mind is "meh." Along with that, she's in a category of what I call "fall behind heroes." While her skills are all nice in concept, she falls behind and is overwhelmed and overpowered where those perks and advantages don't matter so much.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

I'll agree taht she has no AoE ability, little tank ability. However if she gets AoE, I can see that shit getting out of hand quickly.
How can something get out of hand when, overall, it's inferior to something else? Also, I said a small AoE. Nothing huge.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by jamn455 »

Oftentimes the Elves are the winning team in EotA because of their number of AoE skills, I do not think that we need to give them more of an advantage when playing against other races, especially undead which is gimp compared to the Elves when it comes to killing units.

Giving Time Cleric an AoE skill may be needed later, but as is, I believe that more of a focus needs to be on giving Undead more skills to be able to compete with the other races, rather than giving Elves and Creeps more of an ability to dominate a game against Undead.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by DarkNemesis »

especially undead which is gimp compared to the Elves when it comes to killing units.
And the 'gimp' part being what...Ember's Corona, Pyroclasm, or Cauterize for that matter? Or Garg's Hell's Fury or TS. Or Oracle's Geyser :shock: Or Neph's Meteors and Retaliate? Even Rue's Forlorn AoE thing is comparable to some Elven AoE's. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to attack, but some of your claims are slightly wrongish.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#18 Post by jamn455 »

I know from experience that when the time comes, Undead can not stand its ground with other races. Yes, undead has a few AoE skills, but they are inferior to others. Most Undead AoE skills can be avoided by just using your eyes.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by Tehw00tz »

Just for shits and giggs I'm going to start keeping a track record on UD for all maps and races.

More ontopic though, TC is fine. Some of her moves could use a little buff, maybe tweaking the multipliers around a bit, a full remake is not needed at all. I'll agree at times TC can be seemingly useless, but she is situational.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by Perhaps »

jamn455 wrote:I know from experience that when the time comes, Undead can not stand its ground with other races. Yes, undead has a few AoE skills, but they are inferior to others. Most Undead AoE skills can be avoided by just using your eyes.
I've been saying that about Undead for a long time. What Undead initially had going for them that somewhat made up for their lacking AoE was their heals, that took a huge hit, because Yak went through a phase of listening to the likes of "imba rigged" sayers. I suppose Wilting has stepped Undead up in the AoE category though.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by DarkNemesis »

I think Eidolon altogether has done this.

And I don't think its necessarily true to say they are hugely inferior when it comes to AoE's. The ones they do have border very closely on overpowered: Neph's Meteor rockets, Corona, Plague, Hell's fury, Retaliate. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on March 11th, 2009, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#22 Post by Reaper »

Hell's furry haha
[Reaper]

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by DarkNemesis »

Reaper wrote:Hell's furry haha
Lol, ops. That's what you get when I'm sick. :roll:

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#24 Post by Leek »

Basically what jamn said DarkNemesis. Elves already have the best AoE, they really really don't need more.

As for UD, ya they're nto so hot compared to other races. Nagas heal used to be ridiculously good, its not anymore. If UD are good at anything it seems like me to be PK'ing.

AoE/Siege/Pushing are lacking. Eido was a big step to fixing this, but over they're still poor compared to other races.