[FIXEDDefiler loses HP when Plagued Hero uses Healing Potion

Report bugs.
Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

[FIXEDDefiler loses HP when Plagued Hero uses Healing Potion

#1 Post by Waki_Miko »

I've noticed that when an enemy hero under the Devouring Plague effect uses a Potion of Greater Healing, the Defiler loses about as much HP as a result.
I'm not certain if this applies to other potions (i.e. Swashbuckler's Elixir etc.) or Instant Healing spells, or whether MP is also affected by Potion of Greater Mana consumption while under the Plague.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Defiler loses HP when Plagued Hero uses Healing Potion

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

I personally think that this should stay in the game. This sounds like a good enough counter to plague, considering how much people complain about it's nagging effects on their heroes.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

lol, the next time I see a Defiler throwing plague around I'm going to buy potions for everyone to take at the same moment just to see if we can heal him to death.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:lol, the next time I see a Defiler throwing plague around I'm going to buy potions for everyone to take at the same moment just to see if we can heal him to death.
Omg, that was so funny I almost cried. Heal him to death, lol, irony at its finest.

Defiler is really powerful. But I had no idea he took dmg from enemies healing. Is it just from bought heals? Or will the poor fool suddenly take a 2k dmg nuke from Scarab popping Life Wave? Now that I would like to see. :shock: :o

Its almost like a Shared Pain gone wrong, strange. In any event, I wouldn't worry about it too much, Defiler is close to impossible to kill teamed with a healer or a added Health Orb.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Did anyone ever try this and see if it works?

No apparent reason it should be happening.....unless...hrm..it might be possible, but only if ai's are using the potions. They can cast them in the middle of a damage event to avoid death (cheap, i know, but its blizzard's doing), which is why you can sometimes see double negative numbers fly out of heroes. I've put in a fix that should stop that possibility.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

You could give players the same with Bottled Fairies from Zelda. To be honest, I wouldn't mind the jar system implemented.