Fatal Error

Report bugs.
phisix
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fatal Error

#1 Post by phisix »

Hey I sometimes get a fatal error when I play EotA. This comes up after the game has been going on for a while.

war3 fatal error instruction at 0x6F4694....
memory cannot be read

or something like that. I did not type the whole thing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fatal Error

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Post the file from the logs directory (based on date/time). A list of heroes in game doesn't hurt either. Sometimes I can get information out of them, but lately all of them haven't helped diagnose anything.

If it says it ran out of memory, don't bother, it provides no information to help me fix that.

There's no way for you to fix it on your end, its usualy a bug with a blizzard skill getting used in a certain way.

I know Emberwraith's smolder skill has caused a crash for me, but I haven't figured out why yet.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

On multiple occasions, while it could only be coincidental, but I've seen it crash upon a fatal hit on a hero. If it isn't a coincidence, could it perhaps be that it doesn't like a negative value or a null value for a function?

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

phisix wrote:Hey I sometimes get a fatal error when I play EotA. This comes up after the game has been going on for a while.

memory cannot be read

or something like that. I did not type the whole thing. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I get it sometimes too, and know several of my friends who have the same issue. I think it might be the crack version or something, the only reasonable deduction I can think of. Just remember to save your games occasionally, for me, it really isn't that bad.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by CryptLord1234 »

phisix wrote:Hey I sometimes get a fatal error when I play EotA. This comes up after the game has been going on for a while.

memory cannot be read

Well, first off, if you're asking for help, it generally helps to give us all the information. But no big deal.

As it is, there're occasional crashes in the map, which Yak mentioned. The important part is: Do you know what you do to make it crash? And can you do it again? That way, Yak knows what's going on and can look at and fix it, hopefully.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#6 Post by Waki_Miko »

I know I always get a fatal error (100% of the time) after around 15-30 minutes when the Incarnation is present on Kedge's or Candleburg. This doesn't seem to happen for several other people i've checked with, so it may only be me who experiences the Incarnation crash.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

Hmm, maybe this is an UD issue? I've seen similar complaints about Ember on those maps, I think.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.