Tacticians Ultimate

Report bugs.
Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Tacticians Ultimate

#26 Post by Ikaika »

god that shit is complicated... my brain hurts just from skimming it... and I've recently been taking c++ and java classes:/ why is it so bad

...maybe that's why I'm failing *cough*

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#27 Post by Waki_Miko »

Ikaika wrote:god that shit is complicated... my brain hurts just from skimming it... and I've recently been taking c++ and java classes:/ why is it so bad

...maybe that's why I'm failing *cough*
I'll keep this very short, as it's not relevant to the topic:

I recommend reading the following books, if you're not confident with logic:
Program Construction - Calculating Implementations from Specifications by Roland Backhouse - This is more focused on Computer Science
How to Solve it by George Polya - General Problem Solving book I recommend reading
The Art and Craft of Problem Solving by Paul Zeitz - General Problem Solving too

If your University Library doesn't have these books, do put in a request for them (at least for George Polya's book - it's useful in not just CS-related stuff).

I wish you all the best in your studies.

(PS: If replying to this, do create a new topic in off-topic section, or I will be hated for off-topic clutter :))

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#28 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Have you considered, when a hero acquires a target, smart clicks, or attack orders an enemy unit, create a trigger with "unit is damaged/attacked" event, then destroy the trigger when the hero no longer is to attack the unit, or that unit dies? It'd still require that you check for every time that unit gets hit that the hero is hitting, but it's only one unit a time to be checked.
Correct me if I'm wrong (And I probably am) but wouldn't that require a check each time it's hit? In the grand scheme of things, that strikes me as a helluva lot of comparisons.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.