Moderator: Mills

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: 1.12c Tyrant/Eidolon Balance

#51 Post by Tehw00tz »

I watched that replay and stopped halfway through. If you excepted your hero to not seem amazingly hard to kill while he is level 51 and the enemy's Fenris is level 25 you've got problems. This build doesn't really seem that out of hand, you just bought a Plate Helm, some armor, and armor upgrades. Honestly if I knew the people you were playing against and maybe if they were competent players I would consider the build to be good, but it just seems that a bunch of noobs couldn't take down a mediocre tank. I didn't care to watch to the end because... I really just didn't want to.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#52 Post by DarnYak »

Similar comments to wootz on the replay. Bad game to use...the rk was like level 7 while you were 32. Entire team was severely outleveled and feeding. However, it did have its interesting points (gloom games usualy dont last that long, and some interest in the ability to tank lanes with significant spawn towers opposing, might be useful for situation whre people are behind on cores)

I also have to add that the health being restored by runes does seem a lot higher then intended. Not sure if this is a bug or just needing a nerf (I'm inclined to say bug, because it seems like it only restores 20 mana but gives 600 health).

That said, props for trying to find an uncommon build and sharing it.

DarnYak

Ragnarokz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#53 Post by Ragnarokz »

Not done yet... I looked at another replay....

In these screenshots, my Frigid blast isn't maxed (roughly level 3,4,or 5) and I only have 2 levels in talent absorption.

Hmm only 111 mana

I'll just break that leftover mana

And get more mana then he had with 1 shard!

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#54 Post by Waki_Miko »

I'll have to say that the replay doesn't really reflect on game balance issues rather than your outclassing everyone on the other team.
Just about every leaver actually played worse than the AI. For most of the game, you outleveled everyone on the other team by about 40-50 levels. I think the Glacial Tyrant isn't the only hero that can survive a solo battle with hopelessly outleveled heroes.

Also, I believe that I have just witnessed the most depressing Rune Knight play ever.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#55 Post by DarkNemesis »

An AI RK is never that great.

Similar comments to DarnYak. Realistically, your build shouldn't have been that overpowered. 130 armor is not going to help you I'm afriad against the Rk's mana rune and Spider's lances and frost lord guys. And to be honest, Ragnarokz, a Magic Robe + a health orb would have been a better choice for tanking if you really wanted to dominate against mutliple heros.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#56 Post by Tehw00tz »

Can you explain those screen shots better? I really don't understand what the point of them is.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#57 Post by DarnYak »

Tehw00tz wrote:Can you explain those screen shots better? I really don't understand what the point of them is.
It was just proof that something is really buggy with crystalized mana.

DarnYak

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#58 Post by BustroQuick »

Nothing too major, but I'd prefer if the sleep from Spore Cloud was actually sleep and not a stun (ergo making you wake up when hit by, say, Attack of Opportunity), as it's kind of confusing when you expect it to have one effect and it has another.

Though if all sleep in EotA is like this, I'm completely ignorant and this should be disregarded.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#59 Post by Kalrithus »

To add to the above sleepstun is highly annoying and should have an even shorter duration on heroes than it does now IMO, its not uncommon for a hero to get chain sleepsunned from 100% -0% even with 2-3k hp =(

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Darkblade[RotN]

#60 Post by Darkblade »

Yes, that happened to my hero several times one game. I'd get sleep/stunned 3 times walking through a cloud... didn't even need an infiltrator there to kill me, Eidolon and mobs could do it. An actual sleep effect or lesser stun vs. heroes would be nice on the cloud. That's the only thing I'd say needs fixing much... perhaps tweaks with Eidolon's fungal armor but meh, it's not terribly bad. If you level that up a bunch then you aren't upping something else like Wilt or Cloud which is probably more helpful than the extra 2-4 points in Fungal Armor.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#61 Post by Luftwaffles »

Eido is just too pwn atm.
- Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#62 Post by Luftwaffles »

Are you serious.

At Level 6, Spore Cloud reduces evocation damage by 54%, reduces the chance to hit in the cloud by 60%, gives a % chance to stun per second, gives nearby units invisibility and lasts 40+ seconds.

Smoke Cloud gives 75% and is only supposed to effect ranged...

O______________________________________________________________________________________________________________o
Last edited by Luftwaffles on June 4th, 2009, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Luftwaffles

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#63 Post by DarnYak »

At Level 6, Spore Cloud reduces evocation damage by 54%, reduces the chance to hit in the cloud by 60%, gives a % chance to stun per second, gives nearby units invisibility and lasts 80 seconds.
That happens when all the testing feed back was "spore cloud sucks" ;P

DarnYak

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#64 Post by Luftwaffles »

I was totally wrong about the duration iono why I wrote 80, but it does last around 40 even if you don't pump int.
- Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#65 Post by Luftwaffles »

Also Wilting's Int mod is absolutely insane.

At Level 30, with 10 Int upgrades (rather high) I do 180 damage overall with Wilt at Level 1. If I were to level this up to Level 2 I would do somewhere around 230.

Fungal Shield absorbs 355 + 1.55x Int at Level 6 and Regenerates 21 + 0.16 of the units health per second..

. . .

In terms of what that actually does, with my Int (at 99) that adds 508.45 HP and if I take one minute's regeneration into account, I'm adding 2210.4 HP (that's how much HP is going to be regen'd per second). I didn't have enough time to see if the Regen stops at any point; I hope it does. Oh, this skill at Level 6 also gives a 45% chance the attacker "falls asleep" (gets stunned).
- Luftwaffles

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#66 Post by Kalrithus »

The sleep from the shield is not sleepstun iirc, so it breaks on damage, also late game the shield falls off really easy and if only useful in conjunction with the spore cloud invisibility to escape from strong hero killers.

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#67 Post by Luftwaffles »

I don't think you realize the point is while it is true post-Level 40 it is not that hard to break down a shield, and it is perhaps more likely the shield would be at Level 3-4. However, the point is in conjunction with all his other abilities this spell is $$$. If you are able to get a shell on a person for 10 seconds they're going to heal almost 250-300 HP in addition to blocking the next 300.

o_O
- Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#68 Post by Luftwaffles »

At Level 28 with max level Wilt and 99 Int, I am doing 635 damage with Wilt over the 4s it takes to cast.

On the other hand, Mian- who is playing Bane, has his instant nuke doing 605 damage with 176 Str. I think Wilt's cooldown is maybe 4-6s longer then Caustic, but at the same time the parity in damage and the disparity in ability modifiers in each of our situations is like...

o_____o
- Luftwaffles

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#69 Post by mianmian »

I actually had 246 str, not 176.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Ion
Communist

#70 Post by Ion »

At that time we compared you only had 176 xD when you went over 250 finally Caustic beat Wilt lol
Ion.

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor

#71 Post by Darkblade »

I'd say Eidolon is a bit more powerful than I previously stated after playing with him a couple of times. Fungal Armor you only really need 3-4 points in before it's gold. Cloud is really amazing both offensively and defensively. Can't really comment on Wilt much, because I'd usually level it up after 4 points in Armor and max Cloud. It definitely rapes a set of mobs easy end game, but leveling up I'm not sure about it's effectiveness really.

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#72 Post by Luftwaffles »

It definitely rapes a set of mobs easy end game, but leveling up I'm not sure about it's effectiveness really.
It maxes out at around 4 Int., which is a much higher modifier then you normally see on abilities, which makes it pwn.
- Luftwaffles

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor

#73 Post by Darkblade »

Luftwaffles wrote:
It definitely rapes a set of mobs easy end game, but leveling up I'm not sure about it's effectiveness really.
It maxes out at around 4 Int., which is a much higher modifier then you normally see on abilities, which makes it pwn.
When it's maxed out of course. I was talking about when you're leveling it up.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#74 Post by mianmian »

At level 5 the modifier is 3.4xInt. That is still insanely good.

Besides, you get it maxed at level 26. Doesn't take that long.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Darkblade
Visitor
Visitor

#75 Post by Darkblade »

mianmian wrote:At level 5 the modifier is 3.4xInt. That is still insanely good.

Besides, you get it maxed at level 26. Doesn't take that long.
Can get it maxed at 26... I much prefer getting cloud maxed first, and a couple of points in Fungal Armor is practically a must have. And at level 26 your int shouldn't be too horrendous anyways... it just comes down to the AoE part of the spell.