Moderator: Mills

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: 1.12c Tyrant/Eidolon Balance

#26 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:They cannot be too awesome if you base the shitty ideas you post here based on your gameplay with them.
Right, as opposed to your "Kart Raider" idea. :wink:

Ideas have little or nothing to do with gameplay.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#27 Post by jamn455 »

I can tell you didn't even read my hero idea, because you don't even know what it is.

Ideas on balance have something to do with gameplay, a pretty big something.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#28 Post by DarkNemesis »

If your referring to this balance thread, then my suggestions are more than decent. Its just your dumbass troll side kicking in, Jamn. :wink:
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#29 Post by Discombobulator »

Replace "LAN" with "imaginary".
I'm this forum's MVP.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#30 Post by DarkNemesis »

Discombobulator wrote:Replace "LAN" with "imaginary".
How about replacing the current mods with new and competent ones so stuff like this is deleted and punished. I noticed Reaper didn't hesitate in editing my post, which, strangely enough, only asked people to remain on topic, and was somehow labeled as a threat. But whatever.

Quit stirring the coals, Discom. Seriously.

Ion
Communist

#31 Post by Ion »

Coal stirring is highly inappropriate at this time. We need to spend less, not more.

I like the exploding mushrooms and I still have not tried the Tyrant. I have heard complaints that Rune Shell is becoming universal and is "totally gay" in all-heroes.

Discuss.
Ion.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#32 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tyrants Ice shield and Eidolon's Fungal armor are nowhere near as buff as Rune Shield. I personally don't bother upgrading them to high levels anyway, no point to when you've got better skills like Spore Cloud or Shatter. Plus, those shields are for Tanking, and while Tyrant can Tank, I find Dmg to be highly effective on him. All the slows/stuns, ya know.

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#33 Post by Waki_Miko »

I think Putrid Eidolon's Fungal Armor HP regen should either be made temporary, or perhaps scaled according to how much remaining damage it can still tank.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#34 Post by Perhaps »

Another possibility, is up the amount the shield absorbs, and give a bit of a decrease on the shield's health.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#35 Post by DarnYak »

Perhaps wrote:Another possibility, is up the amount the shield absorbs, and give a bit of a decrease on the shield's health.
This was the original plan, but i felt that was both stronger and too close to plain rune shell. The current version works something like a healing salve with a bonus shield effect. I have thought of making the effect taper off, but I'm not sure I want to. Part of the tactics to maximize it is to use it when it'll stay up quite a while, and part of the tactics to minimize it is to hit it hard to break it as soon as possible to prevent healing.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#36 Post by Perhaps »

Between this and the Ascendant thread, I remembered to point something out, though not 100% sure on it however, something to look into, unless it's on purpose. The sleep affect of the shield, I believe cancels out Ravenous Dive, the picking up part. It's just something I've seen something twice, ravenous dive after me, then getting to me and being set asleep, it could be my misinterpretation of Ravenous Dive's range limit was reach JUST before me as a coincidence, then I got attacked immediately after. It happened twice though, so coincidental is of course questionable as well. I never taken the time to reduplicate it, since it would require two people testing and multiple dice rolls, so I never bothered. Since you know the triggers, I figure you may know.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Post by DarnYak »

Definitely happening. It drains health extremely fast, and each of those is a tiny damage effect which has a chance to proc the sleep. Will fix.

DarnYak

Ragnarokz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#38 Post by Ragnarokz »

I've made a unique build with the Tyrant, and I have to say, late game.... I'm impossible to kill. Maybe mid game... Anyways, after accumulating enough crystals and gold, you can get strong enough to take on all the enemy heros at once... provided they don't have to many offensive magic spells. The tyrant in my opinion should have a magic weakness of some sort... Then again, dragons seem to cut through armor.

I'lll leave a replay if you want to look at it, this shows how powerful I've become late game... It's scary -_-`...
Attachments
1 hour 30 mins... lo.w3g
(729.96 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#39 Post by Dekar »

Please give a short description of items / skill build / upgrades. I dont think anybody wants to see 90 minute of noob smashing with 6 +5 items and 50 hero upgrades. It also allows everyone not watching it to take part in the discussion.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#40 Post by DarkNemesis »

Ragnarokz wrote:I've made a unique build with the Tyrant, and I have to say, late game.... I'm impossible to kill. Maybe mid game... Anyways, after accumulating enough crystals and gold, you can get strong enough to take on all the enemy heros at once... provided they don't have to many offensive magic spells. The tyrant in my opinion should have a magic weakness of some sort... Then again, dragons seem to cut through armor.

I'lll leave a replay if you want to look at it, this shows how powerful I've become late game... It's scary -_-`...
Lol. Your not alone. He does become quite powerful. But not overpowered. As you pointed out. Offensive magic dealers tend to take him out quick. And I could think, off the top of my head, a few comboes on the elves side that would make Tyrant appear totally trash. :roll: The Wizard and Aero to me would be near impossible for poor Tyrant to deal with. :( Far too much dmg for a hero that slow and clunky. The thing that is really freaky about tyrant is his Shatter abiltiy. Some people think the abilty is horrible, I think its his best. The -25 armor is unbelievable against weak heros. That, combined with a Str/Attack build (my preferred choice) is ridiculous.

for me, Crystal goes into Strength and Attack.
Talents go into the mana egg thingy and one into the dmg reduction shield.
Skills: Shatter and Cataclysm are always picked first. I don't get his ult so that adds a few more to other skills. 2-4 points into shield, and 2ish into health stones.
Items: Kinda depends. Overall though, its strength, dmg, and some agility (for shatter and shield). Skill orb is a must have. Always get that. Rogue gloves are great too, the heavy agility makes you quite fast. And any number of warriors rings. That's my build.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on March 14th, 2009, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ion
Communist

#41 Post by Ion »

The only thing that needs to be fixed on the Tyrant is Avalanche, it's absurd but very useful for getting him unstuck (it's the range that's the problem it goes so damn far).

I don't think any "one build" is going to simply "combo" a hero. You can't mix and match and call it a game, this isn't chess, there's so many variables in the game that any one player can be effective with a fair few heroes (some I have no faith in).

That said, I still have yet to play an RK/Eido/Tyrant-team game, which I would like to test at some point.
Ion.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#42 Post by Dekar »

Is the hp/mana heal from frozen mana in this version buggy resulting in all this "ololol im imba" stuff?

edit:
1.12c
-The talent that lets crystalized mana restore mana is bugged. It restores far too much mana. I think I saw it restoring over 100% of the heal value instead of the 30% it should.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Ragnarokz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#43 Post by Ragnarokz »

Ragnarokz wrote:I've made a unique build with the Tyrant, and I have to say, late game.... I'm impossible to kill. Maybe mid game... Anyways, after accumulating enough crystals and gold, you can get strong enough to take on all the enemy heros at once... provided they don't have to many offensive magic spells. The tyrant in my opinion should have a magic weakness of some sort... Then again, dragons seem to cut through armor.

Well here's my build and what I used.

Items: Knights Armor, Plate helmet = Extreme amounts of armor.
Skill build: Frigid blast (max), Icy Barrier(max), Arctic Cataclysm, Deep Freeze.
Upgrades: Absorption talent and the impenetrable defense talents, after that I got only armor and attribute upgrades.

With the absorption talent and my massive armor, I'm able to recover my health and mana quite easily when I use Frigid blast and collect the ice pieces. This allows me to stay in the lane more and let's me accumulate exp and gold. Not only am I a tank, but when I freeze the enemy heros to trap them, and use my ult, I normally kill them off... However, I normally seem to be getting back a lot of mana once I get the absorption talent from those ice shards... I think about the same ammount of mana as the heros lose...

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#44 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Is the hp/mana heal from frozen mana in this version buggy resulting in all this "ololol im imba" stuff?

edit:
1.12c
-The talent that lets crystalized mana restore mana is bugged. It restores far too much mana. I think I saw it restoring over 100% of the heal value instead of the 30% it should.
To my knoloedge, the mana/health stones weren't bugged. Seem to be working fine.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#45 Post by jamn455 »

To my knowledge, your knowledge is usually wrong.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#46 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:To my knowledge, your knowledge is usually wrong.
That's why you think Dryad is wonderful while Yak has acknowledged she needs a buff. Yea, your knowledge is great. You think the worst hero in the game is by far one of the best. :lol:

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#47 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:
jamn455 wrote:To my knowledge, your knowledge is usually wrong.
That's why you think Dryad is wonderful while Yak has acknowledged she needs a buff. Yea, your knowledge is great. You think the worst hero in the game is by far one of the best. :lol:
To my knowledge, your knowledge is usually wrong.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#48 Post by Perhaps »

お前達は破家だ

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#49 Post by jamn455 »

破 house which are you

That is the translation I get.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#50 Post by Perhaps »

Which is why you can't trust translators Japanese. >_>

お前達は破家だ = omae tachi wa baka da