1.12c Tyrant/Eidolon Balance

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

1.12c Tyrant/Eidolon Balance

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Seeking comments, as I'm actually looking at working on 1.12d in the near future.

DarnYak

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Roflfax

Re: 1.12c Tyrant/Eidolon Balance

#2 Post by Kalrithus »

Tyrant is fairly balanced all around, Eido's shield could possibly use a small nerf as could the duration of spore cloud. Saw bases losing towers as early as 15 due to some use of sporecloud.
Just my 2 cents.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#3 Post by Sparda963 »

Keep it on topic please. I deleted your post btw. Yak only asked about the 2 heros.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Sparda963 wrote:Keep it on topic please. I deleted your post btw. Yak only asked about the 2 heros.
Actually, It was on topic. I was stating that Eidolon didn't need a buff. I'll post it again and would ask that you leave my posts alone. If you really wont to talk about staying on topic, I suggest looking at Jamn's and other people's posts. Thanks.

Blazing Priest can wipe bases by lvl 9. 15 isn't that low.

Besides, its seems like enough people don't like Spore Cloud anyway, no point in making it worse.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#5 Post by Discombobulator »

DarkNemesis wrote:
Sparda963 wrote:Keep it on topic please. I deleted your post btw. Yak only asked about the 2 heros.
Actually, It was on topic. I was stating that Eidolon didn't need a buff. I'll post it again and would ask that you leave my posts alone. If you really wont to talk about staying on topic, I suggest looking at Jamn's and other people's posts. Thanks.

Besides, its seems like enough people don't like Spore Cloud anyway, no point in making it worse.
Please don't try to derail this topic.
Kalrithus wrote:Tyrant is fairly balanced all around, Eido's shield could possibly use a small nerf as could the duration of spore cloud. Saw bases losing towers as early as 15 due to some use of sporecloud.
Just my 2 cents.
Agleed.
I'm this forum's MVP.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:

Where in his post did he say that Spore Cloud needed a buff?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by CryptLord1234 »

From what I've seen, Eidolon's shield could use a small reduction in amount healed, duration, or health regen, and, while this is a matter of opinion, I believe that Spore cloud could use a small buff to make it viable to put any points into.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kalrithus »

From what I've seen sporecloud is actually one of the better moves to get combined with wilting and shield, the sleepstun is amazing at higher levels and is an effective group CC, combined with it's long duration if you're not dispelling it your putting yourself at a severe handicap.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

Kalrithus wrote:From what I've seen sporecloud is actually one of the better moves to get combined with wilting and shield, the sleepstun is amazing at higher levels and is an effective group CC, combined with it's long duration if you're not dispelling it your putting yourself at a severe handicap.
I agree here. Eidolon is nuts with a high lvl cloud and a good push. I think a buff in both seed dmg and wilt wouldn't hurt, they both are pretty pathetic in dmg doing. At least when your lvling your skill rather evenly. Shield is fine, don't get it past lvl 2 anyway. Just my thoughts.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#10 Post by Reaper »

DarkNemesis wrote:Actually, It was on topic. I was stating that Eidolon didn't need a buff. I'll post it again and would ask that you leave my posts alone. If you really wont to talk about staying on topic, I suggest looking at Jamn's and other people's posts. Thanks.
Jamn wasn't the one derailing the thread here. You really need to quit mentioning other people every time you have to defend derailing a thread or flaming. Worry about yourself, and we will worry about others.

As for the tyrant, I have not played him yet. D:
[Reaper]

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Kalrithus »

Come by east if you can and I'll host a game so you can play him :)

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

Reaper wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:Actually, It was on topic. I was stating that Eidolon didn't need a buff. I'll post it again and would ask that you leave my posts alone. If you really wont to talk about staying on topic, I suggest looking at Jamn's and other people's posts. Thanks.
Jamn wasn't the one derailing the thread here. You really need to quit mentioning other people every time you have to defend derailing a thread or flaming. Worry about yourself, and we will worry about others.

As for the tyrant, I have not played him yet. D:
Since the last four posts have been about either Tyrant or Eidolon, I have to ask: can we get past this now and move on?

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#13 Post by Leek »

Right, antagonize the mod by being a complete moron :D

I'll agree that Tyrant is pretty well balanced. Though I tried stacking Str rings on him (like DN said) and it can get pretty good. I still think that a Orb of skill is worth it since it buffs his Ult by a massive amount.

As for Eido.... Shield could probably have a nerf. Spore Cloud I'm mixed on; I hate the skill however I have seen some (Rofl) use it to great use and own shit easily.

On a side note, I talked to Tox about Eota balance (I'm sure your familiar with his opinion) and was curious if you had any opinion on this?

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well you don't have to be an ass about it :?

Also, I never said max str was a good idea. Dmg with str is. I.e: Warrior's Rings. I've found several of those make for a good combo of tanking and dps. I prefer the agility gloves myself, but that's goes hand and hand with dps'ing, doesn't it. Int is kinds pointless imo for Tyrant, i, like i said, do str/dmg or str/int mixed. Ultimate is still trash imo and Eidolon's spore cloud is amazing.

Those are my thoughts though.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Mmmh, about the Ultimate: Anyone know quite when this is supposed to be used? I find that if I use it on huge battles, someone shows up who AoEs EVERYTHING down and either allied front lines push forward, or the enemy routs my soldiers and destroys my tree. Isn't quite good to use against towers, as they own it quickly.

Perhaps instead of making the duration increase with talents, make it last 10 sec per phase and have the talents enable a button that allows you to move it to the next phase at 8/6/4 seconds? That way, the smart player has a bit of control over when his tree blows up. You can nuke it faster when the allied soldiers are dying, or get it to the spawn-lotsa-beetles phase to back them up. It would open up some interesting possibilities.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

The few times I did use it was during big sieges. The tower freeze is actually not half bad, but the low dmg and long casting time make you very vulnerable to nukes and other dmg in general. It is, imo, an inferior version if Grand Rune, which is very deadly and useful, unlike Tyrants ult.

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#17 Post by Leek »

He's talking about Eidolons Ult.

The main times I use it, and see it used is just outside a base on a push, at the edge of tower range. Here it can attack the towers and when it blows up it should take most of the defenders with it.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by DarkNemesis »

Well, it applies to both I guess. At least that's when I use it.

Siege_Lord
Wanderer
Wanderer

#19 Post by Siege_Lord »

I think Eidolon needs the shield heal nerfed a little more and spore cloud might need a duration cut. Entangling seed seems a little weak, but I haven't used it a whole lot.

Tyrant is fairly balanced aside from his ult stunning for so long. I realize it can be fairly easily disrupted, but if your lane doesn't have a disrupter or he has an ams potion it can be pretty ridiculous.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by DarkNemesis »

Siege_Lord wrote:I think Eidolon needs the shield heal nerfed a little more and spore cloud might need a duration cut. Entangling seed seems a little weak, but I haven't used it a whole lot.

Tyrant is fairly balanced aside from his ult stunning for so long. I realize it can be fairly easily disrupted, but if your lane doesn't have a disrupter or he has an ams potion it can be pretty ridiculous.
What is the deal with Tyrant's ult? Its trash imo, most of the time. Leave it. It is easier than shit to interrupt.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Kalrithus »

Again you make a fairly stupid and unlearned statement, do you even play online against real people or do you gib bots all day, I don't normally go after someone for stupid statements but this is getting inane. Tyrant's ultimate is far from trash, yes it can be easily interrupted, just like many others, but it does do high damage and the freeze/stun portion is incredibly useful for sieges. I agree that the ultimate is fine and should be left alone, but by no means is it bad.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by DarkNemesis »

Kalrithus wrote:Again you make a fairly stupid and unlearned statement, do you even play online against real people or do you gib bots all day, I don't normally go after someone for stupid statements but this is getting inane. Tyrant's ultimate is far from trash, yes it can be easily interrupted, just like many others, but it does do high damage and the freeze/stun portion is incredibly useful for sieges. I agree that the ultimate is fine and should be left alone, but by no means is it bad.
Actually, I play frequent LANS. Your move.

My LAN friends also agree with me, its not that great. Ok, maybe it doesn't totally suck, but its nowhere near as good as your claiming.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#23 Post by Tehw00tz »

Who the hell LANs EotA games?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:Who the hell LANs EotA games?
I've got a group of friends that do. Quite fun. One of the kids, Thermie, is a member of the forums, great EotA player, his brother is awesome as well.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by jamn455 »

They cannot be too awesome if you base the shitty ideas you post here based on your gameplay with them.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips