Glacial Tyrant Discussion

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Leek
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Leek

Glacial Tyrant Discussion

#1 Post by Leek »

Since he's really just a test, I figure this is a good place for this topic.

First my rundown of his skills.

Innate - Avalanche

Awsome skill, can clear a path to/away from something. Stops you getting stuck. Excellent

Frozen Cataclysm

Good AoE nuke. Damage is strong, good aoe, very wide. Nothing much left to say. Probably his best skill. Did 470ish damage in my high 30s at level 6.

Icy Shell

Basically RK shell Lite. Only shields 50% of damage. While this helps out in tanking its still vastly inferior to the RK version. At the moment the immolation effect doesn't work, so maybe that will help even things out.

Shatter

I think this skill is out of place. Its a melee range Nuke, but the Tyrant is super slow, super fat (bit bigger then Grav) so its almost impossible to set up a hit with this thing. Its damage isn't that hot atm (worse than Cataclsym) so its terribly sub-par. The -armor aura is cool, but too hard to set off. Currently his worst skill.

Mana Freeze (forget the name)

Good skill, stops channeling and movement, but only for a fraction of a second. The mana crystals that get thrown about give other heroes mana, but heal the Tyrant. I found this a little odd. Personally I found that it giving mana (or both!) would make this a much better skill. Definetly a good skill, must have for at least one point.

Deep Freeze - Ultimate

As far as I can tell this move is GR that stuns (freezes) units that survive being hit. It does decent damage (at level two it did roughly 600-700). As far as things go its a good ult, it channels faster than GR but has a lower radius, so I guess it works out fine.

Overall this hero is very similar to the RK, giving it an almost rehashed feel. The Tyrant can stand on his own too feet though, he is more of an AoE'er then then RK.

On a final note, he is a Tyrant and has no gender (as far as we know).

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Glacial Tyrant Discussion

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

I'm confused, is this some hero you made and tested on w3 or something?

You sound like you've played him or what-have-you.

Also, you cutting close to the bone by saying he's basically a rip-off of the Rune Knight, which is highly regarded (by myself at least) amongst the EotA heroes. I'm not saying its bad to get inspiration from here, but you seem to go ten steps further. This could lead to rampant flaming by members such as Jamn.

Overall, your ideas are about as good as Jamn's cart raider idea, actually far better imo, but that's not saying much. Sorry.

You'll have some potential, some. Try thinking a little less traditional. A giant frozen dude is appealing, I'll grant you that. But what your proposing a close to a direct rip-off of the rock giant and rune knight. Sorry I couldn't have been more help, you just didn't give me anything to back you up.

Good luck though!!!!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Shortling
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Shortling »

I am amused.
Less is more.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

I don't even know what to say to this, mostly because its so funny.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

I like him.

With Avalanche you can get units together/trap heroes to kill them with Frozen Cataclysm ( powerful! ), freeze them and/or use shatter. Actually the only time I managed to get shatter hits because either it doesnt work on unfreezed targets or every hero running away is too fast out of range or it has no cooldown but I didnt see a number flying . Crystalized mana creation is quite random number wise.

Deep Freeze seems to be ok, long stun time for units I guess.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Leek
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by Leek »

Thank you for your concerns Dark Nemesis. I have played this hero.

Also, Asmigdor the Glacial Tyrant uses the Pit Lord model.

I like him too Dek but I think he needs more work than Rothwyn atm. (Aside from obvious tooltip junk) Your right about shatter not having damage text but it does work if you can get close enough.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#7 Post by Tehw00tz »

Frozen Cataclysm needs to do way less damage, at like level 23 I was one hitting entire waves, unless that was intended. I do remember that the immolation effect on ice barrier was doing damage though, I think.

I can't stop laughing at DarkNemesis
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by jamn455 »

The only thing funnier is the fact that it is an inside joke among everyone in Clan EotA.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Leek
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Leek »

Tehw00tz wrote:Frozen Cataclysm needs to do way less damage, at like level 23 I was one hitting entire waves, unless that was intended. I do remember that the immolation effect on ice barrier was doing damage though, I think.

I can't stop laughing at DarkNemesis
Hmm you probably had a lot of items, and were VS UD.

Immolation is working, however it does less damage then the tooltip says (about 40% of what it says).

I did notice something though, for Deep Freeze the damage and radius are based off int, and the cast time is based off agility. So stacking agility will let you cast the spell super fast.

Deep Freeze and Cataclysm are both evocation spells. Deep Freeze hits buildings, but Cataclysm doesn't.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

I had a level +1 wizards robe and I was facing Fel Orcs. The Tyrant was level.. 23-25
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Leek
Resident
Resident

#11 Post by Leek »

Tehw00tz wrote:I had a level +1 wizards robe and I was facing Fel Orcs. The Tyrant was level.. 23-25
The lowest HP mob vs Orcs are casters with 470. you probably had level 5 Cataclysm. I have problems seeing you doing that much damage. At level 36, with +5 orb +1 crystal staff and + 4 talisman I'm only doing 700 damage (ya a lot, but that would mean I only got +230ish damage from 44int and 1.1 multiplier).

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by Tehw00tz »

It was level 3 or 4 at the most, I was trying to level everything equally to get a better test for everything.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:I had a level +1 wizards robe and I was facing Fel Orcs. The Tyrant was level.. 23-25
I believe its called Sorcerer's robes.

Laugh.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by jamn455 »

OH SNAP!
Line 'em up.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#15 Post by Tehw00tz »

DarkNemesis wrote:

Laugh.
[2:55:42 PM] <DarnYak> "No,its Robes,with a capital R"
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:

Laugh.
lol.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:
Tehw00tz wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:

Laugh.
lol.
Yeah, lol at you.
Line 'em up.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by DarkNemesis »

So you couldn't come up with a fresh comeback...had to steal mine eh?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by DarnYak »

Tehw00tz wrote:Frozen Cataclysm needs to do way less damage, at like level 23 I was one hitting entire waves, unless that was intended. I do remember that the immolation effect on ice barrier was doing damage though, I think.
Yea, comparing it to other spells its on the high side for just about everything except caustic breath. Which probably needs its own nerf. Most new spells just get random numbers typed in till i see how they feel.

And dispelling some misinformation: His collision size is the same as RK or Grav, and his movement speed is slightly faster then both.

Btw, as amused as I am, if you guys don't stop spamming posts and making it hard for me to find real info i'm going to have to start deleting shit. Find another thread to fight in.

DarnYak

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:So you couldn't come up with a fresh comeback...had to steal mine eh?
Wow... lol is not a comeback. I was just expressing what we are all doing when we see that you have made a post.
Line 'em up.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:So you couldn't come up with a fresh comeback...had to steal mine eh?
Wow... lol is not a comeback. I was just expressing what we are all doing when we see that you have made a post.
Response then. The point is you took what I said. Since your too dumb to think up your own.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#22 Post by jamn455 »

I will sleep on it, and "response" later.

I think the hero looks fine, especially since its my named hero class.
Line 'em up.