General Balance Discussion

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

General Balance Discussion

#1 Post by Dekar »

The buffed elemental summons of the Dread Shaman are really, really powerful now. Theres nothing wrong with it except that you can mass them in a safe place. The easiest solution for this problem this would be adding a duration to them and all other summons. This would allow them to still have an impact on the combat they were created at ehile preventing mass summoing and building focusing with them to take down a base. A 2 minute duration for example should be enough to push a whole lane with it while preventing extreme amounts of saved summons.

Other possible balancing issues:

Meltwater Elementals should be at least as powerful as DS elementals.
Incarnations nuke felt a bit underpowered. While I had some levels less than Harp, it dealt less than 400 damage vs 700+ dmg Swoop ( 1100hp ), even though it has a rather low range and high cooldown. If someone could post their experience with it ( even in 1.12, it wasnt changed in 1.12b ).
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Balance Discussion

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Comparing anything to swoop doesn't seem fair imo. Its either grossly overpowered or extremely underpowered, somehow never near right.

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

Rend Soul does need a boost in dmg however, imo.

Maybe not so much as say, the beta version for undead, were I remember it doing a ridiculous amount even without Intelligence or Evocation boosts.

A slight increase in the AoE effect with MOTR couldn't hurt either. Having an Int-based hero lacking any substantial AoE dmg spells is just unorthodox to EotA.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#4 Post by Dekar »

Go and nerf swoop a bit harder for the next test version, if you overdo it people may at least play some Bladerain builds. :P

Well, it would take 3-4 hits with Rend Soul to kill the "weak" Harpy, so I thought I mention it at least.

Another balance issue:

Meteor Rain lvl 5 with ~lvl2 fire talent could take away over half of a burrow tower's hp. They should deal reduced damage to buildings. At the moment they seem to deal full -s damage, have a rather short cooldown and may hit nearby towers, too.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Go and nerf swoop a bit harder for the next test version, if you overdo it people may at least play some Bladerain builds. :P

Well, it would take 3-4 hits with Rend Soul to kill the "weak" Harpy, so I thought I mention it at least.

Another balance issue:

Meteor Rain lvl 5 with ~lvl2 fire talent could take away over half of a burrow tower's hp. They should deal reduced damage to buildings. At the moment they seem to deal full -s damage, have a rather short cooldown and may hit nearby towers, too.
Exactly, vs. one swoop from Harpy.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Went to look over Rend Soul again. It goes from a hard hitting, long cooldown nuke at level 1 to a medium hitting, fast cooldown nuke at level 6. You can cast RS twice in the time you can swoop once. Its also dirt cheap for mana cost.

I upped the range, other then that I can't see any major issues. Lich is going to get an overhaul eventually, so the spell's likely to change more drasticly in the future.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#7 Post by Dekar »

Oh, with all the new uber summons.

I dont recall any significant buffs to Fenny's ultimate ( in fact I dont even remember its name because nobody ever uses it sadly :cry: ).

If we compare the crystal cost of elemental binding with buying skillpoints, add some bonus for being an ultimate and not having several totems as additonal effect with the summons produced, I think Fenny's ultimate is in for a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE buff.

I want more damage, more duration, more wolves, more size of the wolves, more abilities of the wolves, more AoE of the skill! :o

SAVE THE WOLVES!

edit: No need to talk about it, Yak is going to change the skill.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:Oh, with all the new uber summons.

I dont recall any significant buffs to Fenny's ultimate ( in fact I dont even remember its name because nobody ever uses it sadly :cry: ).

If we compare the crystal cost of elemental binding with buying skillpoints, add some bonus for being an ultimate and not having several totems as additonal effect with the summons produced, I think Fenny's ultimate is in for a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE buff.

I want more damage, more duration, more wolves, more size of the wolves, more abilities of the wolves, more AoE of the skill! :o

SAVE THE WOLVES!

edit: No need to talk about it, Yak is going to change the skill.
His talent thingy already adds more duration.

Leave it how it is, we don't need fenny to murder spawn like he does heroes. He's a hero-killing hero, not a troop killer. Just my 2 cents.

Plus elemental binding is far too expensive for its use.

20 crystal is nuts, how about like 12 or 14.

Leek
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Leek

#9 Post by Leek »

You've obviously never seen someone abuse Elemental Binding, its stupid good even with its price.

While I admit you have something of a point about Fenny's ult, I doubt it would really make a huge difference, especially if Yak changes it.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Shaman's elementals have a 45s duration now
Meteor Rain was doing twice the intended damage to buildings

DarnYak