Battle.net 2.0

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Battle.net 2.0

#1 Post by Tehw00tz »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/907/907450p1.html
Diablo III community web site DIII.net has compiled a list of reportedly confirmed features that will appear in Blizzard's new and improved multiplayer service, Battle.net 2.0. The site pulled information out of the 2008 Leipzig Games Convention, official Blizzard web sites, and more. The list of features is posted below:

Automatic/Anonymous Matchmaking Support

Excellent Ping Support

Avatar/Icons to represent yourself

Achievements

In-Game Voice Chat

Hack-Free Security

Clan Support

Automated Tournaments

Friends/Ignore Lists

eSport Support

I've heard this might become a monthly charging service, hopefully that rumor is false.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Battle.net 2.0

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

With the exception of being billed monthly for this (I already pay you for WoW, Blizzard), excellent. More than excellent. . .

". . .About damn time."
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Jesus Christ you replied to this thread fast
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by CryptLord1234 »

So did you. I was about to get off, actually, when I saw "Huh. New post in General Discussion. Let's check it out."
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

Same here

I think that makes us brothers or something
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

With exception of voice chat support (which could be supported by the game clients without that), it sounds like a bunch of useless garble.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by Tehw00tz »

Anti-hacking system sounds useless?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

It wouldn't if it was surefire. -_-

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#9 Post by Tehw00tz »

Steam's VAC system seems to work well enough, if you play any of their games. Hopefully it will be just as effective
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Leek
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Leek

#10 Post by Leek »

I like the idea behind achievements. Not really important but I think its cool.

Also, I heard that in Bnet 2.0 they're going to make it so instead of a D3 "account" you have a Blizzard "account" and keep it for all the new games they release, so same account for SC2 and whatever else they make.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

Tehw00tz wrote:Steam's VAC system seems to work well enough, if you play any of their games. Hopefully it will be just as effective
I could run AHK for Natural-Selection and Day of Defeat: Source, in which I could very well make a pixel scan algorithm to function as an auto-aim.
Leek wrote:I like the idea behind achievements. Not really important but I think its cool.
X-Box 360 shows how retarded and elitist people get over such stupid crap. Why would we want to reduplicate that?
Leek wrote:Also, I heard that in Bnet 2.0 they're going to make it so instead of a D3 "account" you have a Blizzard "account" and keep it for all the new games they release, so same account for SC2 and whatever else they make.
Which is really isn't as innovating as you may think. That would be what they already did from, Diablo 1, Starcraft, Diablo II, Warcraft II BNE, until Warcraft III. But it's not unlike Blizzard to take an older feature they've used then calling it new.

I enjoy most of Blizzard's games. But they're not a company I would take their word for. For example, "Diablo II is unhackable" har har har, I laughed at that when I saw it before it came out, and I was ever right to do so. "Releasing features" that already exist... I have no immediate examples, but Blizzard literally released a patch that announced a bunch of "added features" that were features already in the game, only like two things were new from it. They've also stated that "refreshing doesn't work," which is a bunch of bullshit, not only does refreshing get you a higher frequency of joins beyond that of a coincidence, if you close open an only slot too fast YOU WILL GET TEMP BANNED OF BATTLE.NET, which means it's obviously sending packets over Battle.net. Though I suppose some of those features that already exist, they would have to state it's going to have, because they have a tendency to take out useful features like the ability to ban people from the game rather than kicking over and over or using a third party tool that kicks over and over, or a message showing if the host has left, or you got kicked, or you got banned. Or their promise of making "skill diversity" in Diablo II with synergies, but all I found is now I have to put 80 points into a skill instead of 20 or 40.

To sum it up, it's not something that excites or makes me hopeful.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

Do you have to be a negative faggot about everything that comes out?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#13 Post by Tehw00tz »

Nobody cares about Natural Selection and Day of Defeat

Nobody.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by Perhaps »

Tehw00tz wrote:Nobody cares about Natural Selection and Day of Defeat.
Way to go Captain Irrelevant. Natural-Selection and Day of Defeat run through steam, which uses VAC. Which means it would apply the same to Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike/C.S:S., har har.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#15 Post by Tehw00tz »

Yes, but none of them are popular enough to warrant enough work from Valve to update the VAC to detect hacks for those games. They have DLC to work on for TF2 and L4D

And again, who gives a fuck about DoD:S and Natural Selection. Tell me when you can run hacks undetectable in a game released in the last year then I'll pay attention to your points.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by Perhaps »

Even though VAC2 isn't game specific, or rather global for source games. Or rather requires no client side updates. Which means "they don't care about DoD:S" is still irrelevant. Which again means it should work the same way. But right now I guess we're at a stand still, since I'm not willing to put money into Team Fortress 2, and if I actually get L4D it'll be on X-Box 360.

And why am I even going on about this? Even so AHK is substantially older than your mythical "Day of Defeat: Sources last update before discontinued", that alone is a red flag.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Kibiyama »

Perhaps wrote:I could run AHK for Natural-Selection and Day of Defeat: Source, in which I could very well make a pixel scan algorithm to function as an auto-aim.
Good luck reading from video memory and applying a complicated heuristic like that in realtime using a non-compiled non-language like AHK of all things. Faggot.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Storamin »

I'm getting a big "faggot" vibe from this thread...

and I was unaware that Battle.net 2.0 could be that.

Emufarmers
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Emufarmers

#19 Post by Emufarmers »

Battle.net already has this.
Excellent Ping Support
Achievements
:|
In-Game Voice Chat
Yay.
Hack-Free Security
Don't matched games already have this?
Clan Support
Automated Tournaments
Friends/Ignore Lists
eSport Support
wat
Tehw00tz wrote:Tell me when you can run hacks undetectable in a game released in the last year then I'll pay attention to your points.
I've seen speedhacks on TF2. Only once or twice, but that's still enough to make me say they're clearly not impossible.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#20 Post by DarkNemesis »

Emufarmers wrote:
Excellent Ping Support
Achievements
:|
In-Game Voice Chat
Yay.
Hack-Free Security
Don't matched games already have this?
Clan Support
Automated Tournaments
Friends/Ignore Lists
eSport Support
wat
Tehw00tz wrote:Tell me when you can run hacks undetectable in a game released in the last year then I'll pay attention to your points.
I've seen speedhacks on TF2. Only once or twice, but that's still enough to make me say they're clearly not impossible.
I know this isn't suppose to be funny, but it was.

Hilarious.

x12 (battle.net already has this.)

LOl
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#21 Post by jamn455 »

Actually, there are no Ignore lists. You can squelch someone, but that wears of when they log off, or you log off.
There are no Avatars or icons to represent yourself, there are their ladder icons, but that hardly counts.
If you call cd-key banning people for 3 days for using hacks, hack-free security, then I guess its already implemented.

VAC doesn't ban people as soon as they use a hack. Just realize that the next day when you are like LOL I IZ GUNNA KILL SUM NUBS WIT MY HACKS, your steam-id will be banned.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by Perhaps »

Run of the mill programmers have made heuristics more complex than that for CAE Plat design.

Compiled/Interpreted for such a thing, I would say is irrelevant unless you're an elitist twat.

Also, it wouldn't even have to be real-time either, calling it when necessary would work just fine.

In any case rather something is to be made with it or not, just shows a hole period. Now take into consideration this isn't Valve we're talking about, we're talking about Blizzard who claimed to have an uncheatable game (Diablo II, I don't know why this isn't getting through...), additionally applying Tehw00tz's "noone cares about X", World of Warcraft is plentifully cheated, and what makes you think Starcraft II and Diablo III will be a special case when they won't be nearly as popular, and more than likely won't make them more money from their time to their release to their "end" as World of Warcraft will.

I'll tell you what, when I see the feature, "-Countdown disengages when someone leaves," then I'll be jumping with joy.

And I'm with Emu about the "Excellent ping support." That statement is ambiguous as a priest. Though I'm willing to wager it's probably just the ability to view your ping (even though ping varies because it is between sources, so I'm assuming you to battle.net or vice versa) while trying to make it look like "we fixed lag".

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by DarkNemesis »

Storamin wrote:I'm getting a big "faggot" vibe from this thread...

When Jamn is a prevalent poster, on any thread, it usually means there will be a universal 'faggot' vibe, from one person or another...

I think its EotA that does that.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by CryptLord1234 »

DarkNemesis wrote:

When Jamn is a prevalent poster, on any thread, it usually means there will be a universal 'faggot' vibe, from one person or another...
Of course, there's a rather high correlation between his posting and your posting. Jamn has good points. You have good points. Put the two of you together? EotA forum's flint and tinder, and the entire forum is gasoline-soaked paper.

And about B.net 2.0, I look forward to it, even though B.net currently already has most of what 2.0 has as well. At least a change in how things look, at most a decent improvement.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by DarkNemesis »

CryptLord1234 wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:

Of course, there's a rather high correlation between his posting and your posting. Jamn has good points. You have good points. Put the two of you together? EotA forum's flint and tinder, and the entire forum is gasoline-soaked paper.

And about B.net 2.0, I look forward to it, even though B.net currently already has most of what 2.0 has as well. At least a change in how things look, at most a decent improvement.
This is hilarious, and very true! :lol: :lol:

Kodos to CryptLord!!! :)