Eidolon Discussion

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Leek
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Leek

Eidolon Discussion

#1 Post by Leek »

Ok, just to make the topic since I did one for the Tyrant.

As far as I can tell, his Ultimate (Rotting Ancients) needs a bit of a change. With their unlimited lifespan, thousands of HP and fortified armor they are extremely hard to kill. They also out-range towers so can sit and snipe towers.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Eidolon Discussion

#2 Post by Dekar »

You can even buff them with garg and grant them auras like martyrs. :lol:
In addition they have a very low priority as buildings, so they get targeted only when everything else is dead.

In our game we had 2-3 around the bridge on rock sieging the right outpost, and even though Ion disced, they did not get killed in the course of the game. Aditionally there were like 15-20 beetles with siege dmg walking around them.

edit: Oh my, his innate is so imba when its not getting destroyed immediately. And it has so much hp on hero lvl 1, melees basically cant kill it.

I had like 15-18 of his innate and 3-4 treants out, spammed spore cloud on everything and stood near the towers all the time thanks to his shield. Massive locust plague and basically unlimited hp/mana for me. Was a 1on1 to test though.
Haunt is a good counter for his ultimate.

edit2:

And here comes the first abuse:

Cast it on the mountain near towers, thanks to their very high regeneration they will survive forever.
Protip: Build siege gens.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eidolon Discussion

#3 Post by DarnYak »

I just want to say the ult was never planned to be final. When making it, I decided the basic tree could have so many things wrong with it that i wanted to see how it worked out in actual play before I spent time adding to it.

Currently, the plan is to nerf the tree's defense quite a bit. It will also be limited to 40 seconds duration. During the duration, it slowly gets new shit (ie, at 5 seconds it gets 3 beetles, at 10s it gets the aura, etc. something every 5 seconds or so), untill it finally completely rots at 40 seconds, exploding. I'm also going to make it into a real building, the current non rotating thing is refusing to cooperate and rather pissing me off.

More feedback on it is still welcome though.

DarnYak