Fixing dispels - yet another idea

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Fixing dispels - yet another idea

#1 Post by Dekar »

I cant remember having that idea discussed before, so I present the easy way to make dispels useful:
Note: Older dispels are being left as is untill I replace/upgrade those spells completely, this is primarilly for talents and probably the items. Existing dispel skills are planned to be remade in order to make them have utility that isn't dependant on what skills your opponents pick and if they decide to use them or not
You could just add a buffing unit to each wave. :shock:

Discuss or whatever it is what you people do on this forum.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

Re: Fixing dispels - yet another idea

#2 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Yeah, but the buff has to be worth dispelling, yet not be overpowered at the same time.

Not a terrible idea, though, all in all.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

Like fitting through a arrow loop with a slightly muscular build? Possible, painful but...

That's a question about how hard it would be to balance the buff of the buffer.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by Perhaps »

A deduction of the current stats, with that same amount replaced with a buff. However, in the scheme of things that makes dispel a permanent d-buff on army units, unless perhaps there's a system that reactivates the lost buffs after a period of time. Dummy buffs could be applied, though giving off an unfitting feel. Though it would be cool to have a system to be put in that at each spawn location you can choose and change what buff is applied to the batch when it spawns.