ki blitz not quite overpowered enough

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

ki blitz not quite overpowered enough

#1 Post by Ikaika »

so, yeah, adding ki strike almost got it there but it only does about 800 damage per second to the enemy army while you're healing about 5000 health per second to your own, imo, make another talent that says "99.9% chance to kill any unit hit with a bolt from ki strike" that would perfect balance it so a pure int high oracle could kill armies without trying at the same time as they were healing their army to full while they were pushing. just my opinion.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: ki blitz not quite overpowered enough

#2 Post by jamn455 »

If your example was true, then I would say you had a point, but its not.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by Ikaika »

orly? kk, lets see, simple math. w咠hen I have my int maxed, stack int items, and Ki blitz maxed, I get around ~1100 healing per second to five different targets, that's 5 X 1100 = 5500 healing per second

Ki Strike is a 30% chance (maxed) to cause an orb that does half damage as it would do healing to an enemy in range of the spell.

this means 5500 X .3 = 1650 / 2 = 825 damage per second to every target in range.

sorry, but yeah, the example is true. thanks.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

If you played against a real team there is no way you'd get your intel maxed and have stacked int items.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by jamn455 »

I'll see how that 1k heal per second would help when the infiltrator comes at your back or harpy nets and swoops you for all of your life. There are too many things in the game that are able to stop channeling spells to call any of them imbalanced. With a maxed intel oracle, I would be more afraid of the geyser that would come at me than ki strike.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Tehw00tz wrote:If you played against a real team there is no way you'd get your intel maxed and have stacked int items.
Eh, I've got it up pretty high in balanced games pretty fast. I don't buy any consumables, and normally only up the item when I have enough money for 4 or 5 levels but...It is possible to get it up high, although this was 1.11 that I did that.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Ikaika »

Tehw00tz wrote:If you played against a real team there is no way you'd get your intel maxed and have stacked int items.
when are there ever any games with people that know how to play? h�onestly, EotA is rather dead and I don't know why. iꕘt's an amazing map, but no one plays it because they play Defense of the Suckass, for some stupid reason, it's an extremely uncreative, boring, repetitive map.

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#8 Post by Ikaika »

jamn455 wrote:I'll see how that 1k heal per second would help when the infiltrator comes at your back or harpy nets and swoops you for all of your life. There are too many things in the game that are able to stop channeling spells to call any of them imbalanced. With a maxed intel oracle, I would be more afraid of the geyser that would come at me than ki strike.

I doubt that either of them are going to go that far back to stop the spell. have you seen the range of ki blitz by chance?

not to mention, when you stack int, you have an easy 500-600 hit standard attack with zen archery. I just poor my points into weapons upgrades after I get my int maxed and watch them drop like flies, then I use my geyser that rips everything to shreds in one hit, because it does something around 1100 damage with stacked int while I'm shooting them with my 500-600 arrows and they have no where to go becase geyser is right behind them?

oh then I'll use ki blitz when my health is low to full heal myself while ki strike with its 1589716 range slaps them a few times

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Storamin »

Ikaika wrote:
when are there ever any games with people that know how to play? h�onestly, EotA is rather dead and I don't know why. iꕘt's an amazing map, but no one plays it because they play Defense of the Suckass, for some stupid reason, it's an extremely uncreative, boring, repetitive map.
the game is five years old...

not even that many DOTA games are around.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

Playing against equals can lead to really really long games, that personally make me want to gouge my eyes out, especially on Candleburg. In long games it's not uncommon for decked out heroes to exist. Such retardedly long sessions to some extent gives me a sympathy to the concept of public smashing.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by Storamin »

yet another reason why pub stomps are the way to go.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Soulbourne »

I'm inclined to disagree, but I like even games.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#13 Post by Reaper »

Ikaika wrote:orly? kk, lets see, simple math. w咠hen I have my int maxed, stack int items, and Ki blitz maxed, I get around ~1100 healing per second to five different targets, that's 5 X 1100 = 5500 healing per second

Ki Strike is a 30% chance (maxed) to cause an orb that does half damage as it would do healing to an enemy in range of the spell.

this means 5500 X .3 = 1650 / 2 = 825 damage per second to every target in range.

I'll let you make a couple of assumptions, primarily that you could actually get 1100 healing per second in a real game, or that it matters at that point.

In this case the Ki Strike talent has a 30% chance to do 550 damage to an enemy each second if I recall correctly, so about 165 damage per second average.

The amount of damage dealt to enemies is minuscule, and might grab you a kill here and there, permitting an enemy hero doesn't stop your channeling (any good player will). The healing only really helps against troops, not heroes. For any enemy AoE hero, with as much int as the oracle has in your scenario (let's say Divine Wizard), they will deal enough damage to kill your troops at full health. DW can take out an entire spawn of troops with 300 int and holy strike, thus making your healing efforts pointless.

Ki Blitz is still my favorite skill in EotA, and Ki Strike makes it awesome. However, if anything, this skill needs to be improved.
[Reaper]

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

Reaper wrote:
Ikaika wrote:orly? kk, lets see, simple math. w咠hen I have my int maxed, stack int items, and Ki blitz maxed, I get around ~1100 healing per second to five different targets, that's 5 X 1100 = 5500 healing per second

I'll let you make a couple of assumptions, primarily that you could actually get 1100 healing per second in a real game, or that it matters at that point.

In this case the Ki Strike talent has a 30% chance to do 550 damage to an enemy each second if I recall correctly, so about 165 damage per second average.

The amount of damage dealt to enemies is minuscule, and might grab you a kill here and there, permitting an enemy hero doesn't stop your channeling (any good player will). The healing only really helps against troops, not heroes. For any enemy AoE hero, with as much int as the oracle has in your scenario (let's say Divine Wizard), they will deal enough damage to kill your troops at full health. DW can take out an entire spawn of troops with 300 int and holy strike, thus making your healing efforts pointless.

Ki Blitz is still my favorite skill in EotA, and Ki Strike makes it awesome. However, if anything, this skill needs to be improved.
I agree with Reaper, Ki Blitz is nowhere near overpowered (I personally think Shammy's heal is better overall, especially coupled with his ult or gravels heart of the mountain) and with Ki Strike, it slightly improves it, make it hit harder and nerf Geyzer imo.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Elreth »

anyone seems overpowered if they have their pick of maxed out stats/items

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by CryptLord1234 »

I don't know why.

You don't know why? Look at the quality of the responses here. The community SUCKS, and likes to host games where they beat the s*** out of anyone who wants to try the game. Those who don't pub stomp play LAN games with house rules, which, y'know, are LAN. Not B-net.

/retreats into corner before he gets flamed.
Last edited by CryptLord1234 on December 15th, 2008, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

Nobody plays EotA anymore, and I pity anybody who still does play EotA, because it is dead.

It is dead, just like Chris Farley, it was fun for a little bit, but now its gone and nobody cares.
Line 'em up.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Storamin »

jamn455 wrote:Nobody plays EotA anymore, and I pity anybody who still does play EotA, because it is dead.

It is dead, just like Chris Farley, it was fun for a little bit, but now its gone and nobody cares.
it died because playing with Perhap's mom was so much more fun.

i recommend yall try it out sometime.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#19 Post by Reaper »

EotA was dead once before, if I recall
[Reaper]

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Soulbourne »

I would gladly host by request...but first I'd need to know when to get on, and second they'd need to whisper me or meet me in public room since someone set the bot to autoban me if I got on.

But, I have excessive amounts of unassigned free time...and I mean excessive.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by DarnYak »

Reaper wrote:EotA was dead once before, if I recall
Before i wasn't quite as buried by RL as I am now. It also doesn't help i can't really test it because i'm a behind a firewall i have no control over.

I'm hoping to get out another version over xmas, but I have no idea if i can. I should probably compile a list of necessary fixes that are making people hate 1.12.

DarnYak