Mass dragons overpowered?

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Furion
Resident
Resident

Mass dragons overpowered?

#1 Post by Furion »

Okay, here we have a game, where i could push control to roughly 50% in our favour during mid and early game, but then mass dragons seemed to break down every lane and i was struggeling to get our team back into the game.

The hero control "evolution" also had some impact but im unsure on how much of the game turn it made ...

So has anyone else noticed this?
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Mass dragons overpowered?

#2 Post by Perhaps »

I've already discussed about the strength of flyers in Candleburg, and it has been problematic even in Stormwail, but at least it was a bit more managable there. "Just get priests/tricksters/lost souls" some certain people would say, har. It gets to the point where equal numbers of their counters hardly even dent them. It's all a matter of stacked damage, thillies! One reason why they're so good, is because of the intense line damage, they kill what's in their wake before any reasonable damage can happen. Hell in masses, they smash druids, and duids period I find overpowered. In Battlecraft on Starcraft the concept would be called "overkill defense," only that it applies as an overkill offense in AoS.

One best way to put them in Starcraft terms, Flyers = Battlecruisers.
Shitty as one, gods when a group.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Furion »

except you get 15 BC's struck by a single plague X_x

and well hero like aeromancess can rip even through dragons, especiall if they cluster up

but sometimes they just overwhelm everything

on another occasion they get stuck fighting two archers while 2 tower shoot them out of the sky

-Artanis

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Well, we tested dragons vs priests on candle.

After a push, a counterpush with dragon support ( ~11 dragons ) was initiated. The dragons flew infront ( now dont tell me they dont do that in normal cases, they take shortcuts because they fly. Also they have a shorter range than ranged units which they prefer to attack, so they ususally end up infront of the melee ground after a second of combat ). They got totally raped by the priests sent to counter them ( again around 11 with one wave support ), sheeping everything ( oh how unexpected ~~ ).
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

It depends on the resistance along the way, if there's a decent flow of units, they'll be held in order via aggro. And also stated before, EVEN IF, the other team is forced to hold out for priests, dragons do destruction along their push, priests tickle on along their push, also there's those few used AoE dispels. But for how and where dragons go depends on what your force has, and what their force has, it's a timing thing. Timing spawns is a Battlecraft application.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#6 Post by jamn455 »

Well when unit upgrades are put back into the game, priests will be a better resistance against them if you upgrade mind flay, but other than that priests are a luck of the draw counter as of now.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

I would say that ugprades have a major impact of the balance. United Creep army doesn't have squat against druids and ghasts without upgrades. It makes Gloomreap as United Creep actually a nice sight even though the worker system is broken.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#8 Post by Furion »

just as you say upgrades,
-remember dragons /w frozen breath and 5 attack upgrades?

-Artanis