pBOS Objective Inquiry

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

pBOS Objective Inquiry

#1 Post by Perhaps »

I'm in a tie up with what I'm going to go with for winning objetives. There are two possibilities I'm considering between. First, before going anyfurther, if you have seen the terrain preview thread, you will know that there's four bases for each side. With the given layout, the lane flow for outside lanes have a two spawn coverage, while the middle lanes have a three spawn coverage. Needless to say the outside bases will be more vunerable than the middle bases, which is my considerations for the objectives I will list.

The first objective I have in mind, is to kill all bases, and as I have planned bases should be easy to replace however doing a good chunk into economy. Replacing middle bases will have a harder impact than outside bases. Essencially the method to win would be to pretty much fully deplete and overwhelm/overpower the other side. It would more than likely result in longer games than the second objective, it would also require a more long run type of planning and long term wits. Though probably longer games, theoretically sealing the other team's fate should be able to be achieved soon, but not always, it should have a higher variance for it up and down.

The second objective I have in mind, is to simply kill any one of the middle bases. Outside bases will be replacable, and like the first objetive they will do a good chunk into the economy. The method to win would still be deplete the other team to some extent, however not on as big of a scale as the first objective, more than anything it will be to overwhelm/overpower. The point of finalizing a kill should be faster than the first objective, and will more than likely be short team planning and short term wits.

Realistically, yet theoretical, both objectives will have a common scenario of being the same result. To with with second objective it's more than likely you'll need to wipe out both side bases to knock off one of the middle bases. One-sided wrapping in the First Objective could very well be or often the sealing fate for victory.

Which do you think I should go with, and why?

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

Re: pBOS Objective Inquiry

#2 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Nobody cares.
This is a community based around DarnYak's map, not yours. Very few of us would probably play your map, and much fewer would enjoy it. Maybe if it was one topic about your map, but three is just more than necessary.
Backwards E's are badass

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

A few showed interest. Also, don't flatter yourself, this isn't the only place I'm discussing at.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Backdooring a middle base ftw?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

I'm not really opposed to backdooring as long as it's equally accessable to both teams and that you have a reasonable chance to lose doing it. However, since there's so much damn space in the backs of the bases I didn't feel like winging more natural barrier. So shortly after I submitted the picture I added fencing to block out players going around the base, I also added a river coming from the outside of the map connecting to the bottom of the lake's right section. I don't really have any plans to do flyers other than for flowing army. If I happen to put in controlable air, I'll just put int pathing blockers for air.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#6 Post by Soulbourne »

Is it possible to have a command that allows you to set which objective you want, leaving it to the makers preference?
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

I could, but I'm not a big fan of game setting options for maps. A custom in a custom is kind of like a mirror in a mirror to me.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

ABD: It's in off-topic who really gives a shit?
[Reaper]

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Thats cool. I had an idea for a game myself so I'm gonna put it in here to conserve space.

You have a hero, and the hero can level by killing units. Units can be anything like other heroes gnolls, orcs, humans, or weird shaped polygons that should acid out of their eyes. Yes out of their eyes, or what looks like eyes at least. I'm still deciding whether the polygons should be able to see or not.

Anyway to win you need to make your hero level up to level 10. Level 10 comes after level 11, it's like a countdown of levels except it starts at level 12. And you can hire more heroes to help your hero out, the only bad thing about these heroes is that
1) they cost money to hire :(
2) once they die you have to rehire them :(

If you're killed in the game you lose.
At the end of the game you have to fight a random level 20 hero by yourself and the person who defeats him the fastest wins!
Anyway, in conclusion through beta testing my game is fun to play with friends and if you like games on warcraft you should play mine because mine is the most fun.

:mrgreen:
Backwards E's are badass

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Kibiyama »

I'd play it.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I haven't even gotten to the terrain yet.
Backwards E's are badass

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

If you want I can draw you up a good terrain for your map man, it seems like it will work very nicely.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#13 Post by Reaper »

put in a skill that gives you a 1% chance to win the game on attack
[Reaper]

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by jamn455 »

And the same skill gives a 5% chance to lose the game on attack.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

You guys are brilliant.
Backwards E's are badass

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#16 Post by Dekar »

What happens when win and lose trigger on the same attack?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#17 Post by Reaper »

That triggers a paradox, so the paging file will slowly build up until the computer locks up. However, the game will start spawning awesome items everywhere so the player won't notice
[Reaper]