Major bug with spawns

Report bugs.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Major bug with spawns

#1 Post by DarnYak »

I'm quite amazed this has never been noticed.

There's a little known aspect of the spawn system added....a very long time ago, that is was added to try and promote taking larger risks with spawn towers by placing them in front bases instead of back bases. Specificly, non-front bases can only support 2/3rds the amount of spawn waves a front base can (thus in a standard game, dropping 3 knight towers in a front base would peak out at 9 knights, but dropping themin a back base would only peak at 6).

The bug: This system is only functional for red team.

Given most players in my experience drop towers furthest back, this gives blue a serious pushing advantage. The exception being Gloomreap, as every base is considered a front base there. And games where a full 3 spawns rarely build up, but even then you can have reinforcmeent spawns on the way where red wouldn't spawn any.

A secondary bug is that this doesn't seem to work properly for the back red outpost on rock lane.

Just fyi, no I dont' know if i'm going to fix the system or scrap it entirely becuase noone watches it anyway.

DarnYak

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Major bug with spawns

#2 Post by Reaper »

You should at least balance it so that it won't matter if no one knows
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Major bug with spawns

#3 Post by Perhaps »

The additional cap doesn't really make much of a difference. When on defense you're only going to see one out of those three. When on offense, you won't see that third until after the push has ended, that or staticially there'll be one dying, then one replaced.

I always place at the front base because I want the sooner reinforcements. I also feel if I lose the middle, I'm screwed anyways. So I may as well increase the chance of survival of it.

What I may suggest if anything, is increasing the spawn time of front bases while decreasing the spawn time of the back bases.