My Battlecraft-AoS hybrid map

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

My Battlecraft-AoS hybrid map

#1 Post by Perhaps »

Since this is the EotA forum, I can assume what AoS genre is. However, the Battlecraft genre may not be known.

Battlecraft, like an AoS the gameplay takes place upon a lane or additional lanes depending on player count. A player's base is at the end of a lane, and the objectives which is probably obviouse is to take your opponent out on the other end by purchase units, via an equal flow economy, that will automatically head to the opposing player's base.

What will be the Battlecraft aspect of the map?

The Battlecraft aspect of the game will be that the computer slot of an AoS will be played by a player. Like Battlecraft, you won't be able to directly control the units. Again like Battlecraft and similar to Rockin Arthus, there will be global effects of course costing a type of resource(uprage resource, batch resource, or another resource). Global Effects unlike Rockin Arthus will be at the tip of the player's finger so to speak.

Unlike Battlecraft you won't be able to choose to spawn units when ever you like, you would control what each batch of spawn will spawn. Each batch you will have a set amount of points you get to spend on units to be spawned for the next batch.

Upgrades will be controlled by the Battlecraft role.

There are other ideas I have for it, that I'm not sure if I'll incorperate or not, or I don't know how to incorperate. I'm not sure yet how I'll implement base and structure replacement and placement yet.

The idea of having Standard Bearers every batch spawn, that players like Gloomreap Mire would gain control selecting them, and the Standard Bearer would have skills, that would issue commands to surrounding force. There's another idea for Standard Bearer, same concept, issuing commands to neighboring units, however it would be controled by the computer player, by clicking a full map ranged skill which would be the command, then you select the Standard Bearer at the group of units you want to control, but it would cost a resource. Some command ideas I have for Standard Bearers: Scatter (Fearing Allied Units for a very short duration), Move in (similar to control tower, with the move to point being the Standard Bearer), and combat modes (Auras, that would be switched), such Assault which would give mild attack speed and move speed, Combat which would give defense and thorns, Defensive which would lower allied run speed but increase range damage and give evasion.

Okay, what about the heroes?
First discussing skills, all heroes will come with all their skills, there will be no skill points, raising skills will be managed by getting lumber (custom resource name unplanned) per level. You will spend that resource on Talents (Like 1.12 EotA) to boost specific aspects of a skill, such as cooldown, which would be the ONLY way to raise a skill level, but skill level increase will only change cooldown growth. This is in attempts to remove one point wonder syndrome, and two skill syndrome, or put otherwise skill selection elitism. I also plan on using the Nyphalim-like aspect to allow more skills per hero, probably 12 per hero, by having a skill dedicated to swap between two skill sets pf 6 (12 slots - 5 defaults - 1 Swap = 6 skills). Due to annoying skill limitations this could mean a smaller hero selection, but on the flip side the heroes you do play would be more interesting.

As far as items, I'm considering doing consumables only and make hero growth mostly reliant on spending leveling resource. But if I do perminent items, I'm not going to use barbaric recipes. More than likely I'd use the direct upgrades system like EotA uses.

What is the objective?
Destroy

What kind of control or attainment is in the map?
Don't know yet, but there will be definitely something in there that will promote out of base playing, since I'm the type of person who can't stand games that demote offense, however I can't stand relentless spam, so control in the map is what I would say is the most delicate fiber of the map.

What will be the name of the map?
So far I don't really have a name planned yet. Something that's not so flashy like Defense of the Ancient, Eve of the Apocalype, Aeon of Strife, Advent of the Zenith, I may go with a basic name I thought of "Macro-Micro AoS." Reason why I'm, considering such a simplistic name is for a higher chance that players will join it. When a player who hasn't played EotA before looks at it and sees "Eve of The Apocalypse," and thinks "that could be an RPG, and AoS, a Hero Arena, or a Tower Defense, forget it, I'm going to play something I'm familure with."

Of course there are some things I left out, but I guess such things would be seen in later developement!

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

Re: My Battlecraft-AoS hybrid map

#2 Post by Kibiyama »

98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.