Bug Compilation

Report bugs.
LordDamage
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bug Compilation

#1 Post by LordDamage »

I've been playing EotA for a heck of a long time, mostly solo due to the fact that my Router will not allow me to host games online.

Over this time I've found a heck of a lot of bugs also, so here's a mass compilation of all the ones I've found:

Textual:
[Work in Progress]1) All buff/debuff descriptions terminate at a comma. Any commas in a spell buff immediatly ends the tooltip, and these need to be replaced with semi-colons, as with Blizzard-standard spells. There are many examples of this, such as the flying undead hero's unit buff ability just stopping dead at "...it has increased health". Presumably it was supposed to say "increased health, damage and has gained extra abilities" or something to that nature.
[Fixed]2) The "Mark of the Reaper" is still showing it to be Faerie Fire under the tooltip buff description.
[Work in Progress]3) Various abilities are not being displayed on the "-s" command. This includes but isn't limited to, the Hazard Slash on the Rune Knight and quite a few of Invarhem's spells. The flying undead hero's dive spell also wrongly displays "Ravenous Dive damage: 80%" (or 100%, or 120% etc) - showing that it's representing the wrong value of the spell.

AI:
1) The undead flying hero only uses his ultimate ability at the moment, though I'm guessing as the undead are new, that his AI is probably not fully completed yet.
2) The Invarhem's ability to make a hero become enemies with its allies causes the heroes to attack that affected unit, as intended. However, after the buff has gone, the heroes will continue to attack that hero until death. (This happened on the canbleburg map... had half my AI allies trying to kill another AI who was regenning at the base building for well into 10 minutes).
3) The Aeromancess doesn't use that line-AoE spell? Well, it's not a bug I suppose seeing as she loves to use that single-target hold spell, but really, she could do with the AoE for once.
[Intended]4) Requiem, the soul hero for the Elves, regenerates mana normally when controlled by an AI. Though for some reason I think this might've been intentional.

Spells:
[Fixed]1) The Wolf hero's Dreamrun occassionally makes him run clean out of the playable game area, and never actually return. This has happened on Kedge's Landing, Candleburg and Stormwail Peak. I'm presuming this may also happen on Gloomreap Mire, as there's nothing particularly special about the maps in terms of coding for that ability.
[Not enough information]2) Invarhem's Black Globe ability when used by an AI on another AI once erroneously created a Black Globe item on the floor. On picking it up, the item was permanently stuck in my inventory. This has only happened once however. This can't be AI specific, would need more details behind it
[Fixed]3) Invarhem's money stealing ability has never actually yielded me any money, always saying "-$0" out of the opponent. This may be because AIs pool their money to player slots, but they do have money at some point, and I have never actually got any.
[Need more info]4) Abilities which create dummy invisible units to cast on mutliple targets for AoE effects, such as Nightmare and Mockery, are not always deleting the Dummy units. This is leading to the dummy units being left behind, and the AI being able to control them to continuously spam the chicken polymorph / sleep spell over and over again well after the original ability was cast. Perhaps giving the dummy units a mana bar which doesn't replenish and a mana cost on the dummy spell or an extortiante cooldown could solve this erroneous behaviour.
[Intended]5) The Skeletons summoned by the Gravebind ability when augemented by Quietus' ultimate skill are never removed. They last indefinitely and cannot move, but can be killed though.

Spawns:
[Expected]1) If the unit spawn rate is set anywhere below 10 seconds, this typically causes a gamecrash with "There is not enough memory to process this command" in an error message after around 45 minutes of gameplay, usually after some crippling framerate slump (less than 1fps) around 2-3 minutes beforehand. This is not a computer issue, as I have played this game on 3 different machines with the same results regardless. Don't ye just hate memory leaks?
[Expected]2) When spawnrates are lowered to a much smaller value, say 10 seconds, the number of tower captains spawned on the Kedge's landing map can make one of the towers require so much damage to take over it's a little rediculous. I had to once lower the health of one down to around 50% before it became neutral, and that took a heck of a long time. I also suggest making the towers regenerate their health after a capture, as they typically get destroyed in longer fights.

Well, that's my compilation, I'll probably remember more as I play it again, so I'll be back later to update any additional ones I find.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Bug Compilation

#2 Post by Reaper »

Just making sure, are you playing v1.11e?
[Reaper]

LordDamage
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by LordDamage »

Reaper777 wrote:Just making sure, are you playing v1.11e?
Yep, got the new gloomite mines etc. so I'm presuming that it's up to date.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#4 Post by Soulbourne »

If you go into clan eota channel on east and idle, recently theres been a lot of games being hosted via there....also occasionally on Europe too...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#5 Post by Reaper »

Yes, I host rather often in the 'Clan Eota' East channel
[Reaper]

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Great post, not all bugs but lots I know i can fix, thanks.

DarnYak

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Nothing like having most all in one post.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Abilities which create dummy invisible units to cast on mutliple targets for AoE effects, such as Nightmare and Mockery, are not always deleting the Dummy units. This is leading to the dummy units being left behind, and the AI being able to control them to continuously spam the chicken polymorph / sleep spell over and over again well after the original ability was cast. Perhaps giving the dummy units a mana bar which doesn't replenish and a mana cost on the dummy spell or an extortiante cooldown could solve this erroneous behaviour.
I need a list of spells where these are happening. The dummy casters already have negative mana regen (they should run out in under a second), but I may have accidently left some with 0 mana cost. That, or the dummy casters are somehow getting mana back (shouldn't be possible even with things like mana tide), so a replay with details would be helpful. The two examples you gave (nightmare and mockery) both have they're proper mana cost, so I need more info.

DarnYak

LordDamage
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by LordDamage »

DarnYak wrote:
Abilities which create dummy invisible units to cast on mutliple targets for AoE effects, such as Nightmare and Mockery, are not always deleting the Dummy units. This is leading to the dummy units being left behind, and the AI being able to control them to continuously spam the chicken polymorph / sleep spell over and over again well after the original ability was cast. Perhaps giving the dummy units a mana bar which doesn't replenish and a mana cost on the dummy spell or an extortiante cooldown could solve this erroneous behaviour.
I need a list of spells where these are happening. The dummy casters already have negative mana regen (they should run out in under a second), but I may have accidently left some with 0 mana cost. That, or the dummy casters are somehow getting mana back (shouldn't be possible even with things like mana tide), so a replay with details would be helpful. The two examples you gave (nightmare and mockery) both have they're proper mana cost, so I need more info.

DarnYak
I'll try and recreate the same conditions it happened under and make a replay. Essentially, this only happened when an AI hero used the ability, and there is a large amount of units on the map at once, Mockery and Nightmare seem to be the most common ones that cause it, but I do seem to remember there being another one.

On the Invarhem's Black Globe ability bug, I understand that the bug is probably not AI specific. To be as exact as I can, an Enemy AI Invarhem used the Black Globe ability to lock out one of my ally Tactictian hero's items. The tactitian had an orb of battle +2, and 3 healing potions. On using the ability, the Tactitian received the reduced armour debuff and a black globe item spawned at her feet, instead of in her inventory instead of one of her current items. The black globe did not despawn after around 5 minutes or so, afterwhich I picked the item up, and it was unsellable/droppable etc. Like I said, this has only ever happened once.