Goblin Generators

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Goblin Generators

#1 Post by Perhaps »

So I came up with the whacky idea of having Goblin Generators, which would have the same principle as regular generators...

So far I have some generators they could upgrade to, for an idea...

First, would be "Productions Generator"
Placed in the radius of the base, you could decrease or increase the spawn time of batches.

Second, would be "Developement Generator," which would increase the mana rate of the upgrade building.

Third, would be "Gyrocopter Generator," with "remote control flying machine," and the flying machine dispatched, the generator will dispatch two more that follow you (they will disappear if generator is downgraded), and like crystal generator it can be upgraded, two more times, each time will add one more.

Fourth, "Explosives Generator" which would increase the damage of Cluster Rockets

Fifth, probably the only generator that would cost gold to upgrade to, "Goblin Destroyer" which would be a mobile Goblin tank with attacks (a fairly decent method of moving a generator).

Double compatibility generator...
    With a Clockwerk Engineer and Standard Race Worker, they together build a double compatibility generator, which would cost 750 gold. Double Compatibility generator will needless to say can upgrade to any generator, then downgrade back to a double compatibility generator. (Hint, hint... Possible strategy of building in safe location, upgrading to Goblin Destroyer, then downgrading, then upgrading to seige generator.)

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Goblin Generators

#2 Post by Dekar »

"Productions Generator":

Feeds the enemy if speed is increased, greatly scales with the amount of existing spawn towers ( hard to balance for no/7 spawntowers ), may require a ( not so large ) change to the existing spawn triggers -> cost/reward questionable

"Developement Generator,"
I guess these would be my favorite as i tend not to use any gens at all, remember that each townhall grants mana equal to its tier, and even small increases ( for the gold cost of a generator and no crystals! ) can create a large advantage.

"Gyrocopter Generator,"
Do they fly over half of the map if you are not close ( affects duration i guess )? Can you build 7 of them and kill a tower every second with all the gyros? Do the gens have unlimited supply?
-> "Special" Idea for a gen, but not thought through

"Explosives Generator"
Totaly not worth it, buying all these rockets to make it useful...
Also problem of downgrading and using it for something else while you dont use rockets.
And it makes no sense why a generator on the other side of the map should improve your rocket damage.

"Goblin Destroyer"
Building a normal generator doesnt take that long, also its 600 gold cheaper to build a normal gen regarding your next idea.

Double compatibility generator...
Really limited use for a large amount of extra gold and it requires both workers.
Also not really nice to trigger ( would be something like building the gen near the other worker, who then gets ordered around by triggers to fake building on the gen, too, and then checking if both workers are building, else stopping both and BLAAAA even more stuff to care about like going back to building it. )
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Dekar wrote:And it makes no sense why a generator on the other side of the map should improve your rocket damage.
It makes no sense why the whole team would get 10 crystals "across the map" for a hero on the other team dying "across the map."
Dekar wrote:Building a normal generator doesnt take that long, also its 600 gold cheaper to build a normal gen regarding your next idea.
It can also attack so it can make use along the way. It could very well make up for its upgrade cost, give you experience, or more possibly.
Dekar wrote:"Special" Idea for a gen, but not thought through
I just came up with the idea on the spot, if figure let it develope. Shouldn't void an idea because it's not fully developed yet, if so, you may as well just put void EotA itself. I figure people would add and develope upon it and suggest things.

Instead of focusing so much on how "it wouldn't work," because DarnYak can do that on his own. Maybe the focus should be on how it can be made to work, and I don't mean just my suggestions or ideas, but others as well. I really don't care that there's criticism, it's the fact there's nothing truely constructive coming out of responses. As well as I don't care too much to read through blocks of text of things I've already considered. =\

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Im sorry, Im a developer myself and can evaluate how doable an idea is and a bit about how hard it is to balance. These are important points to me and so i tend to focus on them.
And how good is an idea thats only hard to implement or hard to use or just looks damn ugly?

On the other side you didnt answered my questions, especially regarding the flying machines, what would help to talk about it and give and feedback on it.

Well, all the item improving generator stuff, the items arent used very often ( these could help to change that, but consumeables just have the disadvantage of not being permanently, even though they can create a permanent advantage, but thats not so visible and generally off topic ). Maybe one generator should not specialize in just one item, but it should improve all ( goblin ) (consumebale ) items.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#5 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

It makes me sad that I'm the only person that still uses generators.
Backwards E's are badass

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

There's a suggestion. I've thought about suggesting the goblin consumable improvements as one thing, however I don't know how it would scale in power, especially when I never did a jist for the initial goblin generator cost, which I considered as being 400 gold, since you have to go out of your way to buy the worker. As for the flying machine, I'm not 100% sure how that would float.

I considered of having an items slot like the alter, you put in the item, and transmute the goblin item.

I suppose one serving for all goblin consumables, could be called, "Goblin Warlab Generator."

As far as the double compatibility generator, I'm considering the fact that you probably already have a standard worker. And if you can jump around between functions of a generator, instead of getting both a Goblin Generator and Regular Generator for more of the cost of 900-1000, verse the 750 I suggested. Maybe it could be less, like 650.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, I thought I explained theory on item one...

It could be that it's basically a workshop that ups your bought items before you use it, if you wanted Roleplaying reasons, a apprentice, or intern, or something follows you around upping gadgets you have in inventory at time of use...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...