Computer Tower Building

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
thedragiin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Computer Tower Building

#1 Post by thedragiin »

I really think you are stupid if you dont build spawn towers, but in the end the team with the most spawn towers wins. Isn't there a way to make it so if Team 1 has 10 towers and Team 2 has 1 tower a worker will pop out and balance it out? Maybe not exactly that but something along those lines so that Team 2 isnt surrounded by knights 25 minutes into the game.
A Dragon Hero? Hmmmmm?

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Computer Tower Building

#2 Post by Storamin »

Almost every time it is noobs vs someone who uses tower, the person with the towers does win. I think you'll find that many people on this forum will say that if you don't built it, tough luck, you lose out.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmm, when I entered this thread, thought it was going to be coms being able to use builders.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by Perhaps »

Soulbourne wrote:Hmm, when I entered this thread, thought it was going to be coms being able to use builders.
Same here, and you were probably just as disappointed as I.

thedragiin
Wanderer
Wanderer

#5 Post by thedragiin »

Sorry to disappoint you two. CPU Bulders would be just as good, though.
A Dragon Hero? Hmmmmm?

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by CryptLord1234 »

It would be awesome if the computer AI could be modified to build their own spawn towers, although one wonders how that would work -- Do they build a random one, or do they build a 'counter creep'? And what happens when there're players and computers? Do the computers defer to the players, or do they go ahead and build a spawn tower regardless of what the players plan to do with the Tower Core that the computer used?

Which brings me to my next point. Having a builder appear and even out the spawn towers on both sides would be incredibly pointless in pubs. Most pub players treat EotA like DotA -- Kill the enemy main building. Your plan would nullify the other objectives; I'll use Stormwail Peak (IIRC) as an example. Why do I want to control any obelisks if the towers'll be balanced out anyway? Why do I want to retake them from the enemy? It's not like they're getting something I won't. Most players don't realize the importance of obelisks or Gloomite, and your plan will lessen their impact even more in the eyes of the random player.

And how about the Landing? Why do I want to control the right lane more than the left? If the enemy builds spawn towers with the Moontear, I'll get them eventually.

I apologize for the wall o' text.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Strychnyne »

I'm going to agree with the 1234th Crypt Lord here. The point of, Stormwail at least, is to control the key points in the map, i.e. the obelisks. In the situation that is described in the start of the post, you have royally messed up this game. Obtaining obelisk towers gives you cores, which you use to maintain your hold. But there are multiple obelisks, so if they've got the foothold in middle, try taking the Inn or Rock lanes to counter, then push back their lane. That's how the game is designed to play. Pay attention to the obelisks and who has them. If you've gotten surprised by those 25 knights then you're just not playing the game right.