Infiltrator Suggestion

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

kinguvspaz
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Infiltrator Suggestion

#26 Post by kinguvspaz »

Infiltrator is not junk, a skilled Infil player can still wreak havoc on good players. It's just harder to do. I currently see no real problem with Infil as she is, though I don't really play her so I'm slightly ill informed. But there's nothing that jumps out at me saying "OMGWTFIMBAHAXX!!!1!one!" either.
O! it is excellent / to have a giant's strength / but it is tyrannous / to use it like a giant.

my team needs a buff

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by Demongod86 »

The problem with infiltrator is that both ways of playing her are a lose/lose situation. If you want to maintain stealth, you sacrifice experience, and if you gain experience, you're doing next to nothing to help your team. Her techniques are far too gimmicky when other heroes on the brigade can do much similar things. For instance, RK can aoe spam the crap out of units with syphon sigil, he can do strong single-target damage with imbued strike, and can really aoe the crap out of things with grand rune. In the meantime, infilt needs to skirt detection, get behind heroes, etc...

And tell me, what's an infiltrator going to do if you decide to stand up and fight her? Her mines won't work too well, she won't land aoo, and blink and sabotage are useless in hero v. hero. Smoke? And which skill? AoO? GL HF farming. Smoke and mines? No hero kill. Mines and AoO? Now you're absolutely useless in team battles. GJ.

Simply put, there are many heroes that can do what the infiltrator is "amazing" at for slightly less efficiency, but that take far less gimmicks to use. And it's not about "get some skill". It's about this:

Who wins? Your opponent, who only has your hero playing against him, or you, who has your opponent's hero against you, and YOUR hero against you due to requiring a bazillion gimmicks? Straightforward heroes have the largest amount of applications, because when gimmicks don't apply, your gimmick hero suddenly starts to suck hard.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#28 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Classes are meant to have purposes, to ask for every hero to be for everyone, and for every situation. Well you're asking to have only one hero in the game. What type of class is Infiltrator? Army support, Hero Targetting, Siege, or AoE nuking perhaps? Well the infiltrator can pretty much do all of that, but what type is it? Infiltrator is the Micromanagement class, every single ability she uses is micro-based, don't like micromanagement? Then don't use her, there's plenty of macro-based heros in the game. ^_^ .v

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#29 Post by Demongod86 »

The thing is, infiltrator is worse than a dedicated hero-killer at hero-killing, worse than a dedicated sieger at sieging, etc...

Not good at anything, so-so at everything is not a good mix. A hero in EotA succeeds by doing something so well that people need to heavily adapt--not just be countered by a <1000 gold item.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#30 Post by Hammel »

Amu costs 500, to be exact...

And real skill is when you can play Infil while being visible... skill you obviously lack...

since you returned, I should change my sig back...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#31 Post by jamn455 »

I guess doing over 1k damage to damaged towers every few minutes makes a hero bad at sieging, along with a smoke cloud that makes the towers miss alot of the time.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#32 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

1k damage, if that tower is already missing 1k health. That's the kind of lack of detail, that fuels someone like Demon, when your credibility isn't great, then their stance to argue will have a higher chance to remain, a candle with an extended wick, par se. But for the most part, you am right. Smoke cloud is a superior offense skill, and it's not too hard to get a tower low enough to blast with Sabatoge. At the same time, mines are a great defensive skill, if you don't have ADHD. AoO will just about always kill low health players, since they will be in a situation where they'll have to run, well, perfect oppurtunity to strike regardless to sight, or... They can stand their and face the consequences they were trying to get away by running away. Hell on slow turn heros, if you do it right, you can run through them with windwalk, with them seeing you, and time your AoO for a perfect or half damage hit. I'll simply say it again, Infiltrator is the micromanagement class.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#33 Post by Pheonick »

Jesus, how about just putting a cap of about 6 mines. Sure she can still massively blast a lane or fountain mine, but her terrorism is confined massively.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#34 Post by Hammel »

Why not use the possibilities you have without changing anything?

Btw, you see the death animation when the infil fuses them, so you can USUALLY run... if not, your fault, why did you have to move in the middle of your spawns when you play against infil? You also dont suicide-run into towers at level 1... well, intelligent people dont...

Furion
Resident
Resident

#35 Post by Furion »

Mines need a nerf?
tahts like asking for nefing someones skill
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#36 Post by Seig_2 »

it is stupid and pointless to wast a whole slot on a dumb amulet that might save ur butt once in a jam with inf. its also dumb to spill ur gold just on creeps, when 95% of the heros can one shot masses of them anyway. i say forget amulet and creep hiring and go full spec for ur hero. period.

if ur having problems with inf, dont waste ur gold on amulet, get knights armor or plate helm. her AoO is physical! duh!.

also, its a good idea to pick a hero that can acually take her in the first place.

ie:
bane
yggdrasil
sorrow leige

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#37 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Seig_2 wrote:it is stupid and pointless to wast a whole slot on a dumb amulet that might save ur butt once in a jam with inf. its also dumb to spill ur gold just on creeps, when 95% of the heros can one shot masses of them anyway. i say forget amulet and creep hiring and go full spec for ur hero. period.
That will not work against competent players.
Backwards E's are badass