Since talents are going to be added.

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Since talents are going to be added.

#1 Post by Perhaps »

...That will make heros stronger, and also to do so will cost crystals, "goddammit, more crystals I don't have, that I need to spend, blah... Well screw the other hero upgrades." Perhaps we should brainstorm a third method of gaining cyrstals. (Second method in Gloomreap and Candleburg). Perhaps a system that it's competitive to achieve crystals, for yet another form of control?

...but we just can't just make people feel justified in making their hero a monster with their newly beefed up crystal income? Perhaps add the ability to spend crystals to add mana to the upgrade center. (Of course crystal cost will go up each time, and their will be a limited ammount of times you can do it, just like hero upgrades).

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: Since talents are going to be added... (Do Over)

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

Boo hoo, it's gonna make hero upgrades less popular.

But the thingie you're forgetting is that talents are in fact a form of hero upgrades. You'll be able to choose if you want more damage, armor, stats, or more powerful skills. It's up to Yak to make it all balanced.

In the second part of your post you practically own your idea yourself.

So don't add any more crystal to the map and the heroes will stay just as powerful, but probably in slightly different ways.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Re: Since talents are going to be added.

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Well, here's the coin in the hat... Is more than likely the talent points are going to much similar to attack upgrade or armor upgrade. Pretty much most players will only put one point into one or the other, then go for stats. I was more than less wrong about not wanting the originals, it'll more than likely be around. I think the option to put into talents without hurting your hero's strength would be nice. On the flip side, which is the general premise of EotA sacrifing hero power for army power, or vice versa to accommodate to whatever is needed. Simply, I think games would be more progressive and shorter.

I've already come up with one possibility. Which is have "deposits" through out the map, in contested areas that both teams can get to, that you mine with a miner that you purchase. But not just crystal deposits but also gold deposits. Perhaps locations that have flowing army, and locations that do not have flowing army so that all hero types have an equal ability to achive resources via "deposits" For Gloomreap Mire, I was thinking more of the "Oil Rig" setup from Warcraft II, that you place a building(auger) on the crystal/gold deposit to harvest.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by jamn455 »

As that would be another way to add some resources, it still gives more of an advantage to a winning team.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

Define what kind of winning position. There are many situations or ways to see "winning," and I know not all those you would have the advantage necisarly. Be more specific, I got general ideas of what you could possibly be getting at. Be more specific.

(non-hostile reply)

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by jamn455 »

Well say that there is a gold and crystal thingy on the two lanes that you have complete control over and all of the others are neutral. You are getting an advantage of extra gold and crystal which makes you better and harder to kill. This would allow you to get things like more gloomite on gloom and more obelisks on stormwail by lane control, as well as more resources making you harder to kill.

Weren't you one of the people that was arguing that the winning team gets stronger and stronger because of how towers affect the defenders exp rate, well this would be even worse for those people.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#7 Post by Tehw00tz »

I think that was demongod.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Perhaps »

Well, it always could be setup to have some sort of points distributation system, a value you have before cores, that you get from objective control, that you could either put that value into cores or into the resource that allows you to harvest the extra gold/crystal resource. And have it backwards compatable, that crystals and gold can purchase cores (after a minimum ammount of game time). As well as or otherwise; the gloomite could be moved and the deposites be out of the line of control of gloomite, and Stormwail, they could be on the top and bottom lane, with a few out of lane deposits.

Also feel free to list other options... ^_^ .v

Furion
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Furion »

I could imagine to make the lumber camps on candle to such things and replace them a little
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#10 Post by Soulbourne »

Could possibly have it out of the lanes, and guarded by creeps, to take them you have to cap them from creeps and put miners you buy on it, more miners, the faster income. Every 15 mins or so, the creeps return either slaughtering miners, or the miners run; thus it starts over, in order to protect the miners, you must either build gens or towers, or have hero there ready to defend.

That could be one way for extra nodes of whatever.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...