Incarnation, the evil Undead Lich: Avatar skill

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

Yurdle-The-Turtle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Incarnation, the evil Undead Lich: Avatar skill

#1 Post by Yurdle-The-Turtle »

There's one thing I'm a bit confused on about the Avatar skill: One of the enhancements you get from the Avatar ability (his ultimate) is Undead Domination, which gives a passive chance to take over nearby enemy undead.

But here's the problem....Incarnation is Undead. He's on the Undead side. That means there's very little enemy undead to fight against. So who do we take over now?

The only thing I can think of that allow Incarnation to really utilize this skill are the VERY few heroes (like Blazing Priest or Evil-dark-archer-who-looks-like-she-should-be-on-the-undead-side-instead-of-Creeps) who can summon undead creatures, or if people use the skeleton item which creates an army of little skellies. Sadly, not that many people use the skelly item.

So if I'm not missing anything, then my suggestion would be to allow it him to passively raise and control the recently killed. Similar to Evil Archer's innate passive, except you get to control the Undead you take over. It fits his theme, it fits the description, and it would certainly help him fill his weak role of providing AoE support (eh, summons don't really count as AoE but they help a bit more, I guess?)
Turtles/tortoises rule!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Incarnation, the evil Undead Lich: Avatar skill

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Its not suppose to be a particularly strong component of the skill, just a random perk that might sometimes be useful and fits in with his theme. Avatar's probably too weak overall, but as for balancing it i don't even consider this portion as existing, nor needing to be buffed. I might even remove it from the description becuase i get this question a lot.

DarnYak

Furion
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by Furion »

I also would say that the dmg reduction and the lifeleech are not really useful, too.
The useful things are the reincarnation like thing, to escape death. This one i would consider beeing the most useful ability of the skill, while the spell buff is rather weak.
Evil-dark-archer-who-looks-like-she-should-be-on-the-undead-side-instead-of-Creeps
But shes the good one, her sister on the elve side is the her evil twin :shock:
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

#4 Post by AedharinSadai »

Yurdle-The-Turtle wrote: or if people use the skeleton item which creates an army of little skellies. Sadly, not that many people use the skelly item.
It is on of the most used consumables in Europe an my personal favorite item since it gives you the ability to surround enemy heroes.