[Discussion] Tactician/Flank

Raise concerns about balance.

Moderator: Mills

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Discussion] Tactician/Flank

#26 Post by DarnYak »

Hammel wrote:Btw, you got amounts of Skirmishers wrong... it is 1/11, when you reduce the amount by 2 over all levels...
" There is now 1 skirmisher at level 1, and 11 at 6." is what I said. If you're refering to my 13's in the chart after, that's the power of skirmishers (in units of pre nerf skirmisher power) before the nerf and then after the nerf. 11 skirmishers post nerf will be doing more then 13 did in 1.11 to heroes, but considerably less to structures.

DarnYak

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by LordSuzaku »

I think the old flank is preferable to the new one. It was stronger overall (bad) but it forced the tactitian to return to a lane and grab a bunch of creeps to backdoor with. The new one only requires you to cast it repeatedly. (And in version 1.11 at least, can be abused.) The time delay in taking creeps from a lane weakens flank more than casting it repeatedly with summoned units.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#28 Post by Hammel »

And I guess because people hardly used the old Flank in regular games, it was changed...

(the only use I saw in maximizing it was grabbing elite archers to backdoor (which I only did and planned IHs. It's only other use, using it to force units to really attack buildings while sieging, only required low levels)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by DarnYak »

So, how's Flank doing now in E?

DarnYak