Jarring Phantasm

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Jarring Phantasm

#1 Post by Pheonick »

Jarring Phantasm - Marilyn Ragveil
Undead
Disabler, [other]

Agility based with intelligence secondary. An assault hero excelling in the forward push and disabling the enemy.

Innate - Shackles of Duty, afflicts a friendly unit with slowed movement but reduces damage from all sources. Physical damage is reduced by 30 to a minimum of 8 and reduces magic damage to 50% at the cost of 20% slowed movement.

Skills:
- Lash; Telekinetic spell; affects all units within melee range, pushing them 100/145/190/.../325 away from the hero. Also all damage against them is increased by 5%/8%/11%/15%/20%/25% for 10 seconds.

- Iron Whisper; Single target debuff based on armor modifier. Forces a units armor to weigh heavier upon them. Movement is slowed by 3%/4%/4%/5%/5%/6% per 12/12/9/9/7/7 armor and attack speed is reduced by 10%/13%/.../25%. Also, target hero's causes (Str x 0.30) damage in an 100 AoE around the hero when he attacks. Lasts 8 seconds. Silence graphical.

- Call of the Grave; Scream. Marilyn screeches, causing knockdown and damage in a cone in front of the hero. The spell is cast in standard point target cross hair, indicating direction. After the spell is channeled for 2 seconds she screams causing a cone AoE blast causing 70/110/165/220/285/340 plus (0.85/1.18/1.64/2.15/2.56/3.18 x int) damage and causes knockdown for 0.5/0.8/1.4/1.9/2.6/3.5 seconds. Effect is at maximum within 175 range of the hero, decreasing rapidly up to a distance of 450.

- Lidless Eye; Summon Familiar. Summons an eye with supportive magic. This eye does not attack but has a variety of support and defense abilities to aid the hero. Has an innate 10% magical damage reduction.
1 - Gaze, reveals invisible units.
2 - Reflect, a third of damage done to the hero is redirected to a random friendly/enemy unit or hero. Last 18 seconds and has a 50 second cooldown.
3 - Foresight, upon being attacked the Eye gains 65% evasion. Lasts 8 seconds and has a 40 second cooldown.
4 - Vigilance, increases the eye's sight range by 200 and increases the evasion from foresight by 20%.
5 - Refraction, renders the hero invisible to anyone further than 200 range of the hero. Lasts 8 seconds and has a 60 second cooldown
6 - Ward, the eye becomes a shield around the hero granting immunity to stun and slow effects and asorbing all damage until the end of duration or the Eye is depleted of health. Lasts 12 seconds and has a 120 second coldown. The eye can still use its abilities while in shield form.

- Eyes of the Gorgon; Ultimate, when activated a number of units in a range of 650 in front of the hero with eye contact (direct or peripheral) freeze in place for 0.6/1.0/1.5/2.2 seconds every 5/5/4/4 seconds with a maximum amount of 3/4/6/8 units able to be frozen at one time. Petrified units gain (fortified) armour. Has no effect if the caster has no view or is turned away from the creatures, half freeze duration on heroes. Lasts 40 Non-channeling duration self-buff spell.

Several cosmetic qualities of the hero (names, etc.) are a work in progress.
Last edited by Pheonick on August 16th, 2007, 1:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#2 Post by Pheonick »

Changed first spell, fixed a few typos and added the following talents -

Diabolic Eye; Increases life of the lidless eye by 100 with each upgrade; 3 upgrades available.

Infernal Grasp; Enemies killed by Call of the Grave leave flaming corpses, afflicting any nearby enemies with Hellfire which last for 8 seconds and deals 4/6/8/10 damage per second.

Power Words; Enemies close to the Phastasm when channeling Call of the Grave are knocked down for half a second.

Agonising Strike; enemy heroes hit by Lash have their agility reduced by 15/35/50.

-------------------------

Changed innate and the second spell, added values to all abilities but the nukes. Fixed typos/grammar.

-------------------------

Changed 4th spell, added nuke values, modified Call of the Grave, the first talent and added another talent. More grammar fixing. Spells are now final, assuming they can actually be done.
Last edited by Pheonick on August 16th, 2007, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

BoBoTheBum
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by BoBoTheBum »

Ascendant has something similar to Eyes of the Gorgon.
WTF NERF wrote:Polar Furbolgs' weapon attack sound changed from WoodHeavyBash to WoodMediumBash
WTF DUDE, WTF WERE SO SCREWED NOW

IMBAAAAAAAAAAA

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Pheonick »

I know, similar but it's a defensive spell. The differences are mine is a constantly active buff that frequently stops action for a short time of all units in sight. Ascendant has straight line AoE petrifying gaze which turns units hit into invulnerable stone for a time period and also heals petrified friendlies.
They're somewhat similar, yes, but you could also have said it's similar to stun moves or that the Ghoulish Eye is similar to chain lightning.
I put it in because I liked it and thought it'd be a good ability for Phantasm.

I feel...zomg.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Re: Jarring Phantasm

#5 Post by Pheonick »

Changed several hero aspects and generally made the hero more polished and less insane.

I feel...zomg.