Music

A place to talk about non-EotA-related topics.
Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Music

#1 Post by Pheonick »

So I'm currently at this net cafe at Roskilde Festival, and I'm wondering this...

Have you guys been to any/many concerts/festivals? Which is the best in your opinion? What music do you like, and what genre/artist is the bane of you existence?

To get things started; Mika shall die by my hands, albeit quickly for making that Relax song; reminds me of the one by Frankie goes to Hollywood. It may not be cool but its classic (the 80s one) and it thanks to that one that I like a song of Mika.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#2 Post by mianmian »

I've seen maybe, 20+ Artists live.

The best live shows I've seen are Sam Roberts, Tea Party, Rolling Stones and AC DC.

THe worst I've ever seen are BEP/Fergie.

Now those arnt my tastes (I like Sam Robers/Tea Part however) just my expirience from see'ing them perform live.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

Fallout Boy is annoying.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Kibiyama »

I've been to quite a few concerts and festivals. My favorite would be Summerfest in Milwaukee.

Best artist.... Machinae Supremacy, definitely.

I generally like anything from acoustic to metal, stopping just short of death metal. Anything fun, light-hearted, symphonic or jazzy.

Rather than list artists I dislike, I'll just say some musical elements I hate.

Muffle-screaming every single line
Double bass drum pedals
Boring riffs that are supposed to be more interesting just because they play them fast (yes, I'm looking at you, death metal)
Shallow or repetitive lyrics
The pop music sound -- overprocessed, distorted to seem louder (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ), phase-shifted vocals to provide a harmony to vocalists who can't really sing
Country music drawl -- horrible

Also, I've got two things to add regarding modern music:

1. I was watching VH1 one night, and realized there was a subtle, high-pitched sound playing over all of the songs. I've no idea if it's by design to make the music more subconsciously attractive, or what, but it freaked me out.

2. I came across this video and thought it was awesome. I thought it was a brilliant satire of modern music. Then, with creeping horror, I realized that it was real, and I wept for humanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTIOjZejFI
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Pheonick »

Tehw00tz wrote:Fallout Boy is annoying.
Seconded.
Kibiyama wrote:I was watching VH1 one night, and realized there was a subtle, high-pitched sound playing over all of the songs. I've no idea if it's by design to make the music more subconsciously attractive, or what, but it freaked me out.
Sure it's not just your TV? I have heard that from every TV I've come into contact with when they are turned on. Although I haven't checked many flat screens on that.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Kibiyama »

Sure it's not just your TV? I have heard that from every TV I've come into contact with when they are turned on. Although I haven't checked many flat screens on that.
I know what you mean, but I know that sound well. And this was only playing during certain music videos, not during other ones or during commercials.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Pheonick »

Subliminal messaging is cool. Some guy told me so, I think...

I feel...zomg.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kibiyama »

SMOKE

Are you smoking yet?

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Pheonick »

Too late.
Also, too early, somehow.

By the way anyone an Arcade Fire fan? I'm seeing them live on thursday afternoon. Be envious!
Also seeing Wilco, so psyched for it.

I feel...zomg.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by mianmian »

I;m going to see part of Arcade Fire next weekend.

Leahy also, and some other bands.
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Re: Music

#11 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

And I shall be a whore, and post something I made. ^_^
Attachments
Rigged Version - Lost Emotion (Short).zip
Rigged Version - Lost Emotion (Short)
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 211 times

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#12 Post by Discombobulator »

I've been to the Exit festival several times, and I've seen quite a few big names. The best live performances would be Billy Idol and The Tarantinos (which I later found out to be a relatively unknown and small band).

The worst - RHCP. Definitely.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by Pheonick »

Yeah, they've fallen in live performances. They need to get back on drugs.

I feel...zomg.

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#14 Post by Storamin »

Pittsburgh blues festival.

nuff said