<FIXED> Promoted Sorceresses

Report bugs.
Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

<FIXED> Promoted Sorceresses

#1 Post by Hammel »

Not really a bug, but...

When promoted sorceresses are not controlled by red/blue, but by a color not used or a leaver, they dont use their spells, making them nearly useless. Could you change it that they are always controlled by red/blue? I know there is a unit limit for red/blue, but... cannot you just charm 8-12 random other units to another color so there is place for the promoted units?

(This is kind of important to me because I always aim to get as many sorceresses per cast as possible for their spells)

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

Re: Promoted Sorceresses

#2 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Uh that is new to me, thanks for the info.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Hammel wrote:Not really a bug, but...

When promoted sorceresses are not controlled by red/blue, but by a color not used or a leaver, they dont use their spells, making them nearly useless. Could you change it that they are always controlled by red/blue? I know there is a unit limit for red/blue, but... cannot you just charm 8-12 random other units to another color so there is place for the promoted units?

(This is kind of important to me because I always aim to get as many sorceresses per cast as possible for their spells)
You realize that you can then use the spells yourself if you get control of them yes? Getting control of a triple Abberation'd unit can be pretty killer.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#4 Post by Hammel »

UMM...

[quote="Hammel]are not controlled by red/blue, but by a color not used or a leaver[/quote]

How can you gain control of them, huh? -.- Of course, when it is a 5v5, chances are 20% for each unit not controlled by red/blue that you get it... another unit to micro, and it cant be much more effective than red/blue controlling them, because of Order Attack (they attack what you want and they go where you want)... Also, they are affected by the normal unit waypoints, whether they are yours or not, so they would go on alone after some time anyways when you are not VERY careful.

And now excuse me, it is 3:23 in the morning...

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Strychnyne »

alienfrombeyond wrote:Getting control of a triple Abberation'd unit can be pretty killer.
You know, you can Aberrate Wretched Skeletons? 780gp for six archers that each do over 200 damage? Crazy fun.

I, too, aim for as many Magicians as I can. I'd like it to stay AI controlled. You COULD micro manage their spells, but since you can't use it to the same effect everytime, I'd like it to stay AI controlled. Having control really isn't the idea behind rhe spell, is it? Especially with Flank being as it is now.