Onward

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.

If Yak was your slave, what would you make him do?

New Battlefield
No votes
Talents
28%
Bring back Upgrades
16%
New Heroes
4%
Revamp existing Heroes
8%
New Items
No votes
Massive Rebalancing
32%
Other (explain in post)
12%

Total votes: 25

BoBoTheBum
Visitor
Visitor

#26 Post by BoBoTheBum »

Now I'm wondering who told me that it was only avail on Candle.... :?
WTF NERF wrote:Polar Furbolgs' weapon attack sound changed from WoodHeavyBash to WoodMediumBash
WTF DUDE, WTF WERE SO SCREWED NOW

IMBAAAAAAAAAAA

Something
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by Something »

My idea is that you stop listening to people. Problems occur when you apply public concepts. I've been getting closer to a DOTA feeling from the latest versions, and not an EOTA feeling.

After the newness of the undead goes bye bye, I will be playing 1.10. I'll not go into detail right now. Not like it matters if I ever do.

It's not that I don't like the undead though. I just don't like the changes that come WITH the undead. It feels like going from Diablo 2 to Diablo 2: LOD, when it was released. New feeling, garbage concept.
Something.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#28 Post by mianmian »

What changes came with UD? Aside from removing Spawn Upgrades?

-Adding Candle, tweaking RK/Tact passives, to give them a use, thats it, as far as I remember..

so... you hate not having spawn upgrades? ya :P
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#29 Post by Tehw00tz »

Something wrote:I've been getting closer to a DOTA feeling from the latest versions, and not an EOTA feeling.
So you must mean the past two versions, 1.11(a) and 1.11(c), because I and only about 7-9 people or so have 1.11(b). And if it gets closer to DotA from our ideas, so what? It would be a game of our ideas, and Yak knows how to make them work.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#30 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

mianmian wrote:What changes came with UD? Aside from removing Spawn Upgrades?

-Adding Candle, tweaking RK/Tact passives, to give them a use, thats it, as far as I remember..

so... you hate not having spawn upgrades? ya :P
Uh, no talents either, as UD don't any.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#31 Post by mianmian »

Talents werent in 1.10, just certain 1.11 tests :D
-Lithium flower

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#32 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

mianmian wrote:
Talents werent in 1.10, just certain 1.11 tests :D
I'm aware of that, but they didn't make it into 1.11 because of UD.

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#33 Post by Pheonick »

Having upgrades would be nice, i miss them things. By the way, has there been anyone working on talents for UD or is that going to wait for a while? Otherwise everything seems ok.
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#34 Post by mianmian »

Not just UD, like 30-40% of the Creep/Elven heroes didnt have talents, and then some heroes had like, 1 talent compared to some with like 5 (AM)
-Lithium flower

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#35 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

mianmian wrote:Not just UD, like 30-40% of the Creep/Elven heroes didnt have talents, and then some heroes had like, 1 talent compared to some with like 5 (AM)
True. Maybe for 1.12?

Hah, like that'll ever happen.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#36 Post by mianmian »

I hope so, I loved talents, they were the best thing added to Eota yet :P
-Lithium flower

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Post by DarnYak »

The strangest thing I find about the results of this poll is how high "massive rebalancing" is, and yet there's virtualy no balance complaints in the balance forums.

I can only assume you guys feel the game is balanced now, and want me to mess it all up so you guys have something to complain about.

DarnYak

Something
Regular
Regular

#38 Post by Something »

I have always believed the balance is (older versions) fine, but the players are not.
Something.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#39 Post by Dekar »

I own with most heroes, I cant talk about balance until I find equal enemys :oops:

But seriously, Geyser is imba :shock:
I posted it in another thread and will make a new topic for every balance issue from now on.

And less balance but more boring to play: Aero with a skill that regens an fixed amount of mana, a fire and forget building damage skill...

Treant with dispel :roll: , a summon that only tanks for some and cant move.

And their other skills are only partly more spectacular ( tempest, reincarnation).

This also somewhat limits their skill choice and thus their replay value, as im sure you wont take 6 lvls in mana regeneration or dispel in most games, and makes them one of the rarest heroes to be seen in games.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#40 Post by mianmian »

Wow... way to hate on my favorite Creep/Elf hero Dek

I dont really find them weak at all, Treant is a beast, and I know Aero is too, but you did hit the nail on the head about there replayability :P

Ok, as to balance, one huge thing I think, is that not to hate, but a lot of the newer people just havent played as much as the really older players, and just dont have the expirience, so when they get whomped they cry IMBA, now its not always this, but I see it a lot.

Howeverm UD seem to be above average, in everything except AoE in wich there lacking (wich is what Yak wanted...?) but really good in the PK department (the infamous Dota vibe?).

Those are just some random thoughs of mine

PS: Unban me :D
-Lithium flower

Something
Regular
Regular

#41 Post by Something »

I've always liked Aeromancess and Elder Treant, and haven't found much wrong with either. Their style may not suit you, but it does me at times. In fact, I regularly either play Acid Reaver and Elder Treant in both 1.10 and 1.11. Aeromancess I only play every now and then. Her AoE isn't as interesting to me as others, but I play her because hold person is a fun skill.

One problem with people is their lack of understanding. Balance isn't always wrong when you lose. The problem is sometimes you, when you can't stop what is "imbalanced". I've lost my fair share of games, but I learned from them, and I don't lose to whatever got me last time again, at least not too easily. I LEARN ways around it.

Think of a person trying to balance himself on a highwire. Not just anyone can do it, it takes practice. As he gets better, he can perform better. He keeps his balance. Possible elements such as a distraction, wind, wire being shook, etc, all become less of a problem, but can still be a hindrance, a threat.

Now, in EotA, there are a lot of ways you can "keep your balance", and not "fall" so to speak. A lot of things are useful, and can be employed to your advantage. Different hero builds, item combinations, order of which you buy the items. If you even get them! Army support, hero targetting, base sieging, fortification building.. A lot you can do, and it's why I like EotA. This doesn't even cover all of the elements you can use to improve yourself.

So, when you fall off the highwire, what's imbalanced? It, or you?

Oh, I'm not saying the game is PERFECTLY balanced. There are just a lot of things that don't need changing, and some that didn't need changing.
Something.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#42 Post by mianmian »

Quite the nice post :D
-Lithium flower

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

#43 Post by Pheonick »

mianmian wrote:Quite the nice post :D
Indeed.

I think it's nicely balanced. Undead heroes need a little work, perhaps, but that's hardly strange considering how young it is. I mean, look how much works has been put into the original 2 races! There's be far more tweaking and changing to do.
I just wanna see talents in an official version and the glorious return of upgrades (undead upgrade suggestion thread, anyone?).
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May