Spawn Towers/Upgrades

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Spawn Towers/Upgrades

#1 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

I'm not completely sure how it could be worked in, but the ability to change a spawn tower to spawn something different would be nice, of course with a change over time equviliant of 2-3 town spawn intervals. Maybe have a cost of some sort to change them...

Also, it would be cool to be able to refund upgrades, and of course that too would take a good ammount of time before you can remove + get upgrade mana back, probably the equiliant of time of 3-5 town spawn intervals.

I think the two added would give the game a more dynamic ever changing flow to it.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#2 Post by Shadow.M4L »

well i talked about this with jak once, and he though to use it.

But from my own experience i can only say: it sucks, i had this system in my aos once but it was more then useless. most players just used one efficient spawnwave without countering others.
realy i dont like this idea its sounds great but ingame its plain stuipid.

the upgrade thing will be bugged i think, iam not sure but i think you cannot reset the upgrade or even disable them again.
iam not sure but i had often troubles trying it in the past.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

That seems theoretically unthought out... One spawn town in each lane would be a hindering tactic, the other team could so easily focus their spawn towers into one lane instead, with a mix match making it impossible to counter with only one of a type, and leap between lanes covering...

Also if they change to counter out... Well so what? The way it is now, is the same way but one side perminently countered... First to build gets screwed over, doesn't seem like the best way to go. ^_^

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#4 Post by Shadow.M4L »

it will end that both teams will constantly upgrade and counter or just do nothing.
And when it cost gold the team with heigher rescource will win.

So you givin the winner team another bonus and the loosing team get another handicap.

Also a team who builds only 1 type of units and then whine that they get owned does not deserve to win. Spawn towers should be used tactical and not for just massing.

Its like you play chess and can move every figure back.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

You do realise, I also suggested it takes a good ammount of time to switch...